It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks rise amid positive U.S. data, Unemployment claims fall to lowest level since April

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
source

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The number of Americans filing for their first week of unemployment benefits fell last week to the lowest level in nearly six months, possibly signaling slight improvement in the job market.

The drop was much better than expected, as economists forecast initial claims to fall to 419,000, according to Briefing.com.

Dow ends higher after a wild day

CNN Source

Investors initially dove into stocks following better-than-expected readings on U.S. economic growth and some signs of stabilization in Europe.

source

readings on U.S. economic growth and some signs of stabilization in Europe? what a joke what signs of stabilization in Europe? sadly i see none
i dont see how the bailout is going to help Europe at all, and as for the U.S. data, Unemployment claims what a joke.

What are your thoughts on this? are these reports nothing more then keep the markets climbing?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
These reports are all fraudulent garbage to get fools to put their money into the market so that the insiders can rob them of it. There's still folks with money left to be stolen.

Why don't they go with the real unemployment number instead of this 9% farce?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You realize that unemployment can fall when people simply stop looking for jobs, right?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
You realize that unemployment can fall when people simply stop looking for jobs, right?

So why does CNN and markets see that as positive data? i am kind lost on that part.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

So why does CNN and markets see that as positive data? i am kind lost on that part.

It's called spin and manipulation good sir.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
These reports are all fraudulent garbage to get fools to put their money into the market so that the insiders can rob them of it. There's still folks with money left to be stolen.

Why don't they go with the real unemployment number instead of this 9% farce?

I agree. These are fraudulent. Nothing is changing for the better here. Still I see businesses closing up and LOTS of people that don't have jobs. They still don't have jobs. It hasn't changed. Just because you run out of "unemployment" doesn't mean you're not unemployed.

GARBAGE

You know, it would make the most sense to measure unemployment with an employment percentage.

[number of people fully employed + .6(number of people working part time)] / population
edit on 29-9-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

People get cut off from unemployment assistance, and then they are no longer a statistic, even though they still don't have a job. These are #'s that the gov't plays around with guaranteeing them lower statistics that they can brag about later on. People will cheer without knowing the truth...it's kind of sad.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I disagree with those that say these numbers are a lie.... Ben Shalom Bernanke has been printing money long enough to start affecting unemployment, since employment is always a lagging indicator I reckon an inflationary boom is well on its way.....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I disagree with those that say these numbers are a lie.

Oh? sadly the numbers are a lie, it always 9.1% even for the first CNN did admit that the Unemployment rate number can be missleading.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The unemployment numbers are all creative manipulation of stats and blatant disregard of those that no longer receive unemployment benefits or seeking employment. As for the markets rising due to the cooked books and there numbers, remember the old saying; A fool and his money are soon parted. The markets are full of fools and they and their money will soon be parted. Let the final fleecing begin.

top topics

join