It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SARS epidemic...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
it's so much that i'm paranoid its just people who are sick don't stay at home as a precation they decide to make life worse for everyone else

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's ok! China fired the Mayor of Beijing. Everything is better now.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A good point was amde about controling population with SARS in Asia. But theres more to it than just that.

Notice the first media reports of SARS coincide with the start of the war in Iraq? Remeber now, North Korea was interestingly, a bigger and more immiediate threat, yet we blew them off non chalantly, like we knew we had them by the balls. SARS strikes in Asia, tho mainly in China. Interesting, neh? Perhaps a little something to throw down to remind Korea who they are dealing with? Just because they havent come public with a cure doesnt mean they dont have one. Perhaps they are waiting for it to spread havoc. As far as dropping it into populated areas, I doubt they would do that, knwoing how humans travel, why risk so much exposure (which is why it wasnt directly introduced into North korea). It will spread on its own, naturally. Public fear will keep it from spreading.

I shall adress possible SARS connection in another post, as this possibly relates directly to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You can protect yourself from SARS and many other viruses by taking silver colloidal. Silver Colloidal was used before antibiotics were made. The only difference today is that we use silver ions, which is the particle size. In the past when they used large particles, a few peoples skin turned grey, that is not a problem anymore.

This product is not FDA approved and we can't say it cures over 650 different things. I also make Gold, Zinc and Copper Colloidal.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Fourth Seal has been opened.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
educate me as to what the forth seal is please..

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm assuming it's a reference to a verse in Revelations (that fabulous book that really is the source of all the fun Biblical end of the world stuff). link here: www.biblewheel.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There once was a Buddhist monk who had studied for years with his teacher but hadn't yet felt that he had reached enlightenment. He brought this up to his teacher one day. The teacher led him to a small room and told him to meditate heavily on a moose for thirty days. At the end of the thirty days the teacher came back to the room and asked the student to step outside. To which the student replied that he couldn't, his horns wouldn't fit through the door... upon saying those words the student found enlightenment.

He also up'd his daily intake of vitamin C just in case.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Unexplained sickness affects dozens at Reno Hilton

Sandi Wright
RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL
4/21/2003 02:36 pm

Washoe County health officials spent Sunday trying to track down the source of an outbreak of flu-like symptoms among dozens of high-school-age girl volleyball players staying at the Reno Hilton.

The county health department was notified early Sunday morning about the outbreak.

�The calls started coming in about 6 o�clock,� said Bob Sack, director of environmental health for the Washoe District Health Department. �About 80 people, mostly high school students but a couple of adults, complained of being ill.

�The symptoms don�t appear to be life-threatening,� Sack said.

About 25 people were treated at Washoe Medical Center, primarily for dehydration, said Nursing Supervisor Mary Ann Lambert. She said only one or two were admitted.

A tournament for 120 teams from Western states sponsored by the Northern California Volleyball Association started Thursday and ended Sunday at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center. Deanna Ashby, executive director of marketing for the Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority, said 3,000 players participated.

�Early this morning, several dozen guests at the Reno Hilton affiliated with the tournament began reporting a gastro-intestinal illness,� hotel spokesperson Mary Beth Olson said in a written statement. �The symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, chills and stomach cramps. The Reno Hilton has no reports of illness from any guests who are not members of the volleyball group.

�About a third of those who became ill � were examined and treated.�

Sack said officials spent the day interviewing people who had reported symptoms and taking stool samples. He said the Hilton�s kitchen and water systems would be inspected today as part of the investigation.

He said he could not speculate on the nature of the outbreak until test results are available, probably today or Tuesday.

�The teams were scattered pretty much throughout town, but so far the only connection seems to be that those involved were staying at the Hilton and that they were volleyball players,� Sack said.

Shawn Clancy of Mitty High School in San Jose, Calif., was among the players afflicted and driven home Sunday.

�She was sick all day and all the other six people in the car with her were sick too, so I would imagine they�re making a lot of stops along the way home,� said her mother, Joan Clancy.

�I don�t know how they can say it isn�t life-threatening if they don�t know what it is,� she said. �Obviously, I�m concerned.�

The volleyball teams started arriving Thursday and most were expected to be gone by Sunday night, Sack said. Most of those affected were high-school age and junior high-school age, he said, although some coaches and players� family members were involved.

�As soon as we can identify the organism, we�ll be able to find out whether it was food-borne or water-borne or whatever,� Sack said. �We�re not ruling out food poisoning or a Norwalk-type virus.�

Tom Arnott, 52, of Honolulu, said he, his daughter and three of her teammates became ill Sunday. He spent most of the day at the hospital with a 103-degree fever.

�I started feeling a queasy stomach at 3 this morning. One of my daughter�s teammates then joined us and it went from bad to worse,� he said outside the hospital emergency room in the evening.

�I still feel terrible. I just want to go back to the hotel room and sleep,� Arnott said.

The Norwalk virus infected about 1,300 Reno Hilton employees and customers between May 15, 1996, and June 28, 1996.

In May last year, a Washoe District Court jury awarded $25.2 million in punitive damages to plaintiffs in the class-action suit. The Reno Hilton has appealed.

Plaintiff lawyer John Echeverria said testimony showed about 20 percent of the hotel workforce contracted the disease in 1996 and about half of those continued to work. Evidence showed the hotel did not offer sick pay for workers, and that new workers could get a demerit for calling in sick.

Sack said Hilton officials were increasing efforts to get employees to wash hands and stay home if ill.

�The Hilton is really jumping on it,� he said.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Remember this thread?

Whatever happened to SARS?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join