It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Youtube closed comments because of social unrest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
After the recent riots in the UK I heard that Twitter, facebook and youtube had meetings with Government peoples, in order to close down sites in order to stop civil unrest.I presume the U.S intelligence people would have been watching. They eventually decided against social media curfews., although Im sure some contingency measures would have been taken to 'prevent further social unrest'

Just 5 minutes ago I had a quick glance on youtube to gather some opinions on the recent occupy wall street protests as info on this subject in the MSM is patchy at best.

It didnt take me long to notice all the comments had been disabled, not just on the occupy Wall street videos but on every video.

I really hope I am wrong and this is just a technical hitch and Im just being paronoid but It made me ask the question..has YT taken down all the comments on every video to try and kettle opinion and encightment on the recent social unrest in N.Y.C on Wall street.The propaganda on MSM is pretty blatent, why not social media as well?

I just find it slightly strange that social media is used for a tool to push agendas when the size fits, i.e Arab spring, but when it comes to our peoples revolution such voices are blocked.

discuss.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's a technical issue. They have disabled them as well as the option to subscribe. I can't view my subscriptions either. They probably are having some instability with their network and disabled comments to relieve pressure. Once everything in their network is fixed, they'll turn it back on.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
there were problems with youtube earlier.. it actually went down, they must be still having problems.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Toninght is the arrival of the beings and all sorts of strange things will happen that they don't want recorded. It's going to get real crazy soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

lol yeah ok

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by takethat

Well comments are still closed.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
Toninght is the arrival of the beings and all sorts of strange things will happen that they don't want recorded. It's going to get real crazy soon.

Ugh. I almost hate to ask but what the heck are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Definitely something going on.
No video`s from those who i subscribe to are coming up.
Let`s hope it`s just technical.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

yeah, that's pretty strange that they cancelled comments and subscriptions today out of all the days

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ive had a experience in the past with facebook deleteing satire updates ( about the royal wedding in the UK to be precise), only to find them reapear a few days later. This just made me think if social unrest was on a mass scale, key word recognistion would fail and man power stretched.. so the only option would be damage limitation by closing the whole opinion viral aspect down, without looking too authortarian.

just a thought mind, lets hope its technical and nothing too,well.. 1984.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by taws6

yeah, that's pretty strange that they cancelled comments and subscriptions today out of all the days

why "today of all the days" what is so significant about today?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
we will know the #occupywallstreet has gained traction when internet and cell phones start being inturupted or completly shut down as in the tahrir square eygpt protests

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I think it is more to do with the fact that young people in general cannot leave civil remarks about whatever piece of film footage they have just watched. Some people who leave comments say how much they enjoyed a certain video, but others just tend to rant on in an intelligence level that is way below that of a slug.

All young people want to do today is fight, be it with fists, words or writing......They leave remarks underneath videos regardless of other people viewing.them. Like most things today, all they think about is themselves and have no respect for other people and their enjoyment of a website that is there for the whole world to use.

I believe youtube have taken away the comments so that you can just enjoy the video you are watching without having to be confronted by futile and childish remarks left by the less intelligent beings on the planet, or should I say, the future of our planet...........Oh, please help us!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join