It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Teacher Bans Students From saying "Bless You"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

if it were one child disrupting class with "bless you", then that student would be punished. the word wouldn't be banned.

the college i go to now has alot of higher ups that are very hostile to christians, so i can easily envision this happening in california.

Too true, and a good point. Banning religious 'customs' breeds negativity, whereas punishing a child if they are wrong teaches discipline, and educates the child.

IMO, that hostility you speak of might be a result of people turning their backs towards others, rather than educating or perhaps relating to one another.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by neo96

It's a stupid thing to say anyway, I don't need to be "blessed" every time I sneeze. I'm going to start a new tradition where everytime I fart somebody has to say "congratulations" or something like that.

Well, to me, the simple fact of saying "bless you" is simply being polite to the person sneezing, and nothing more.

And when i sneeze also like the politeness that comes from someone saying bless you, or even gazoontight. Call me weird.

You might think it is stupid, and i suppose it *is* considering the origins of the expression and its use modern use, but i still do it out of simple politeness and habit. Of course, if they sneeze over 2 times consecutively, i stop "blessing" them.

What i don't like, however, is my local US postal employee saying "have a blessed day" to everyone.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join