It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden : Blame Obama for the state of the economy, not Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Gee, first thing EVER Biden said that makes sense.

Biden: Voters should blame Obama, not Bush, for economy

Vice President Joe Biden told Florida radio station WLRN on Thursday that voters should hold President Barack Obama, not former President George W. Bush, accountable for the poor state of America’s economy.

Conservative PAC American Crossroads circulated the startling statement Thursday afternoon, expecting it will take Democratic campaign strategists by surprise.

“Right now, understandably — totally legitimate — this is a referendum on Obama and Biden and the nature of the state of the economy,” Biden said.

Polls indicating that more Americans blame Bush for the economy than Obama are not relevant, Biden said.

“Even though fifty-some percent of the American people think that the economy tanked because of the last administration, that’s not relevant,” Biden stressed. “What’s relevant is we’re in charge. And right now we are the ones in charge and it’s gotten better, but it hasn’t gotten good enough.”

“I don’t blame them for being mad. We’re in charge,” Biden explained.

Finally. He figured it out that ``blaming it on Bush 24/7`` wasn't a coherent strategy.
But of course, he goes the deep end and says that it's all getting better... REALLY? If we look closely, you just inflated the bubble more, you didn't fix squat.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Look at the rats abandoning the sinking ship.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Either that or this was intentionally said, so that Obama can pretend to be outraged at Biden's statements and then insert Hillary Clinton in as VP candidate for 2012.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
... Still voting for the best president of my lifetime in 2012. Obama has gotten stuff done. The economy may not be fixed, but he has still done a lot.

Also, the republican field is a sham.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Abandoning? Or finally getting the message that we expect some sort of leadership and responsibility?

I think this is just posturing for an Obama power move early next year. I fully expect Obama to make some big moves when his campaign starts heating up. Changing his blame-game to be a "I take full responsibility" game is a perfect message for re-election.

If he strategizes correctly, he will defeat any of the mainstream Republicans.

The only real hope is in my siggy line.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You guys know there's been talk about Obama facing a Democratic challenger right? Could this be Biden distancing himself from the sinking U.S.S. Barry O. in preparation for a run at the top job himself?

*Nobody ever accused Jumping Joe of being a brainiac.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yes this is exactly like when Bush took responsibility for everything.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
... Still voting for the best president of my lifetime in 2012. Obama has gotten stuff done. The economy may not be fixed, but he has still done a lot.

Is Reagan running again?

Best president of my lifetime? Reagan, then possibly Clinton, although he was more entertaining than effective.

Please tell me something Obama has accomplished? Anything. Don't say he "avoided a deeper recession" because that is not an accomplishment, and he did it with $2T of our money, and we could be so much better off if that money was used elsewhere. If he was just going to buy his way out of the recession with debt, that is fine, but Here are some better ways to do so.

So, other than that singular and controversial argument, and his worldwide apology tour, please name something else he has accomplished?
edit on 29-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I can see the conversation between Obama and Biden now...

"You wanted to see me sir?"
"Yeah, so uhh, wtf?"
"Well look he was bad, but we aren't doing much better..."
"You want to win this whole 2012 thing don't you?"
"Yeah, but who's gonna beat us, Perry? hahaha"
"Hahaha you're right... Go get me some coffee and try not to run your mouth doofus"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Just exactly what has he accomplished besides driving us to the brink of bankruptcy?

I agree about the Republicans though; except Ron Paul. I think he's our only hope. Kinda like a fiscal Dr. Who.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

... Still voting for the best president of my lifetime in 2012.

Aka Bush and Obama right?

Obama has gotten stuff done.

Sure he has. He has given weapons to drug cartels. He has bombed Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya, Afghanistan. He has put more troops in Afghanistan. He has increased the deficit to record levels. Etc... etc... Torture still going on, secret prison still going on, Guantanamo still open, warrantless wiretapping, still going on. Etc... Fraud in the financial system, still going on. Monsanto controlling the FDA, still going on. Etc... etc.. etc..

Obama is AT LEAST Bush, and even worse in a lot of parts.

The economy may not be fixed, but he has still done a lot.

A lot of BAD stuff.

Everyone except Ron Paul, ya.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So, other than that singular and controversial argument, and his worldwide apology tour, please name something else he has accomplished?

Here are a hundred or so things you can read over.
WhathasObamaDone?
No rational conversation begins with the concept that the idea that nothing has been done. They begin by criticizing the result of what has been done. Well, when things have actually been done. There are some things done there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

... Still voting for the best president of my lifetime in 2012.
For this to be true, that would make you somewhat less than 12 years old.

You have to be 18 years old to vote.

Unless you live in Chicago.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSnowman

I do not think any of you actually read what was in the OP. Biden did not blame Obama. Biden accepted blame for that fact that his team is in charge now and the only people that can fix it now is them. It is really pretty clear English. Obama began by saying he would not be looking backward, but forward. This would just be more of that if anyone can actually read it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm what has he GOTTEN DONE? (looking around) the poor are still poor if not poorer, the rich are thrice as rich as they were yesterday and ............gas is still 20 cents shy of 4 dollars, we are STILL at war( i don't care if its a new one).

Obama violation:
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

www.ushistory.org...

We have czars to the moon, okay mmmmmmmmmmm no! I see when ALL ELSE fails and our government turns against us ima have a printout of the declaration and a sizeable stockpile of weapons 14 miles outside the coast.
and im gonna be blaring MC. Hammers "cant touch this"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ok, they can knock the crap off.

At this point, it really does not matter whose fault it is.

The damage is done. Acknowledge the damn problem and fix it!!! After it is fixed, then we can point fingers.

DAMN!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Best president, huh? Lets take a look:

rightwingthinking.info...

The numbers don't lie! These are the things that have gone up under Obama - The number of food stamp recipients, the national debt, unemployment rate, price of crude oil, price of gas, cost of heath care, etc, etc. If you think these are signs of a successful president then I urge you to re-evaluate your criteria!

link   

Originally posted by Sanndy

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Here are a hundred or so things you can read over.
WhathasObamaDone?
No rational conversation begins with the concept that the idea that nothing has been done. They begin by criticizing the result of what has been done. Well, when things have actually been done. There are some things done there.

I about spit out my drink when I read the first "accomplishment:"

Reversed 'global gag rule', allowing US aid to go to organizations regardless of whether they provide abortions.

I suppose that includes Hamas, recognized by the State Department and the E.U. as a terrorist organization, to which he gave 1.3 BILLION dollars (in two payments) while Americans are suffering the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression. He should be impeached on that issue alone.

reply to post by seabag

I'm giving you a star just for that kickass avatar Devil Dog! Thank you for your service.
edit on 9/29/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

link   
gee

and it only took him 3 years to figure this out

biden well what can you say about the vice president

never thought in my life that i would ever agree with biden

but i do agree

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Can you make your statements a little less disjointed?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join