It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Parked Near The Sun For Almost 2 Days Then Vanishes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
Firstly, I'd like to point out that pixels are, by their very nature, square and not round.

They are when they are post processed twice. First by the software the youtuber used to cut the video, and secondly by the YouTube upload process. What is more plausible in this case? Pixel noise or Earth sized UFO? Keep in mind, if there was a planetiod of that size that close to the Sun, we would see a massive trail similar to a comet. We don't. Also, if it was a alien spaceship, how did they know exactly were the LASCO was and why would they fix their position with it?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
stoner bashing time.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
"The Hot Pixels"
great name for a band

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If its in the night sky its a Chinese lantern.
If it's from stereo or other nasa footage its an image artifact.

I'm not claiming to know what this is exactly, but to shoot down interesting footage with the same garbage explanation that nasa would throw out there is uninspired and close minded.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamdaddy
If its in the night sky its a Chinese lantern.
If it's from stereo or other nasa footage its an image artifact.

I'm not claiming to know what this is exactly, but to shoot down interesting footage with the same garbage explanation that nasa would throw out there is uninspired and close minded.

Yep, there's a lot of that here lately. If they can't debunk it, they generalize it and/or ridicule it. Then no further research is done and it goes into the archives lost and unsolved. I was hoping for better.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Please, enlighten us on what tools we should use to "solve" this. I presented the most plausible explanation, in fact I would call my explanation scientific fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

....in fact I would call my explanation scientific fact.

Yeah me too.

noun
an observation that has been confirmed repeatedly and is accepted as true (although its truth is never final)

Sounds like this pretty much, whatever is repeated is good enough as scientific fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The object may be due to the filter used .

This movie shows the Sun from the two STEREO spacecraft using the 284 Angstrom filter in the Extreme UltraViolet Imager (EUVI).
This filter reveals ionized iron (Fe 14=Fe XV), which forms at temperatures above 2x106K, and flows along the magnetic field lines of the solar active regions. New active regions come into view as the Sun rotates.
www.nasaimages.org...:First-3-D-Stereo-from-STEREO--EUVI-

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

A- for effort, but I don't think this is a filter anomaly.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Chill folks, some handkerchief-less NASA dude sneezed on the monitor and forgot to wipe off the remnants until 2 days later, that's all

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Right.
So, the sun rotates? We all agree on that?

Anything that typically pops up around a planet, or gravitational body like the sun, whether those be comets, moons, asteroids, lunar modules, or cans of Tang will maintain their initial trajectory and vector until they come into contact with a gravitational field which can pull said objects into a collision, an orbit, or sling shot it off into another direction.

Essentially, everything is moving and spinning, orbiting, rotating or being effected by some other object at all times.
Movement in the universe is never ending. Anything appearing not to move from any given point of perspective relative to the observer from any chosen or desired position would thus have to be artificially controlled and orchestrated by the observer and the observee, or otherwise be the artificial result of a glitched system that creates an aberration.

The fact that the object does NOT move is it's damning factor. Everything else in the universe is moving relative to every other object in the universe, but, this anomaly just happens to pop up and be in such perfect relative synchronicity with the SOHO that it's uneffected by the sun's gravitation, and spin, or even just random chance such so that it's completely motionless relative to the camera for a whole how many days?

The possibility of such is so infitesmally small that you've got a better chance of being struck by lightning from Jupiter, in the same spot, every day, at the same time.

The dot is a glitch artifact. Other dots are glitch artifacts.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
Looks to me like a possible re-fueling from the sun's energy onto a entity-ufo?

Funny...way back in the 80s i had this famous, classic computer game "Elite". You actually had to fly near stars to re-fuel your space ship with energy.

I know it sounds far fetched, but that thought is kind of interesting tho speculative.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

The dot is a glitch artifact. Other dots are glitch artifacts.

Good theory, but it's still just a theory. I don't think this has been solved yet though, "what it could be" is not the same as what it is. I've seen tons of these "anomalies" near the sun but I've never seen any like this one.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is a Death Star sized UFO from another dimension, or from another galaxy, or from another time and appearing into our reality, our area of the universe, from out of a worm hole or a black hole near the sun!...

These aliens must be using the suns gravity in some way, to propel or pull their craft through the worm hole or black hole...

And their spaceships must be made out of a material that has a different atomic structure than our own. That's how it is able to withstand the incredibly hot temperatures that close to the sun...
edit on 17-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I don't believe "man" can create something that large, I'm not jumping on board with the aliens explanation until all other logical explanations have been ruled out.

So far these can be ruled out...
Asteroid
Comet
Hair on the lens
Dust particle
Planet, moon

Could be an artifact but I've yet to see a similar artifact do the same over the course of 2 days.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think that this object must have something to do with "aliens of unknown origin" I can't think of anything else that it could be...can you?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by blocula

I don't believe "man" can create something that large, I'm not jumping on board with the aliens explanation until all other logical explanations have been ruled out.

So far these can be ruled out...
Asteroid
Comet
Hair on the lens
Dust particle
Planet, moon

Could be an artifact but I've yet to see a similar artifact do the same over the course of 2 days.

interesting video of someone claiming they have been contacted by ET's and these ET's claim it is a ship which is dropping chemicals onto the sun in order to bring the solar activity to a minimum. they say it will appear again on the 17th which is this Tuesday at 1:00 pm.

only two days away and worth the look if this does actually appear again. i have my doubts but hey it's yet another prediction to watch for.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join