It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Parked Near The Sun For Almost 2 Days Then Vanishes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We've all seen these UFOs near the sun videos/photos posted on here, but this one seems like a different phenomenon in the regular NASA images to me.

I've heard everything from giant planet size UFOs to artifacts in low resolution, and as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on these anomalies. NASA telling us these are not UFOs is not proof positive to me, it's taking an organization's word as truth and fact, which is rarely the case with gov't agencies.

Right now they are what they are, low resolution anomalies.

These are from Stereo Ahead EUVI 284 images.
This particular one doesn't act like any I have previously seen.
It starts out like one of those low resolution artifacts, then becomes fully illuminated at approximately 9-18-2011 22:16:30.
It remains parked and illuminated from that point to 9-20-2011 10:16:30, at which point the object then vanishes for the remainder of the available images.

Object appears at 0:59 (mute sound unless you want to hear uploader's commentary)

Source: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
Stereo Ahead EUVI 284
9-18-2011 - 9-20-2011

I don't believe it could be a planet, asteroid, comet, or a stuck pixel/artifact. I have no idea what it might be but it's non movements for that specific time period seems odd, I'd like to hear some intelligent opinions and/or provable facts as to what this object is.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Someone should definately call and have it towed.

Nice find!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This guy sounds sooo baked

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Looks to me like a possible re-fueling from the sun's energy onto a entity-ufo?

I would like just for once to be told the dam truth about this world, as being treated like a toddler by NASA, and the rest of TPTB, is really starting to char my arse

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey! its just UARS debris
You didnt see that. GOOD catch

edit on 9/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We should find out who parked there and make sure they had a permit to do so.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
These objects around the sun video's have been posted over and over , they are image artifacts not UFO's .

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
These objects around the sun video's have been posted over and over , they are image artifacts not UFO's .

Normally I'd agree because it seems logical, but this one parks for a day and a half then disappears. It starts out like a normal artifact but then turns the lights on? This one is different, why I posted it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It is not a UFO. Think of it as a hot pixel. Just a camera artifact, move along folks.

It does not "fly away" as described in the OP video.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

A hot pixel that remains for almost 2 days? That's a new one, could you or anyone provide a similar anomaly for an extended period of time on the NASA images?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh i would not worry about this. It's only Captain Kirk doing a time warp back in time to fetch some humpback whales to save Earth in his timeline

youtu.be...

Seriously though i have no idea what this could be.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

No, that's a fools errand. Care to show me more UFOs?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Isn't the standard reply 'hot pixels' for anything we don't recognize? I can't help but be intrigued by these images and so many others, especially on Stereo A & B EUVI 195. I don't claim aliens, or death star sized ships that shoot out of the Sun's supposed stargate, but I do think there's an awful lot of hot pixels lately.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

No, that's a fools errand. Care to show me more UFOs?

Most of these low resolution artifact videos/ images are not like these. The object is totally illuminated and remains for an extended period of time in the same position. The other anomalies posted on here look like X's and have pixel shapes to them, and they move to a new position in every frame, this one is just a bright dot which started out as a black dot.

My challenge was to prove this as a normal occurrence on the NASA images, I'm stating it's not. A fool's errand would be to prove what this is, if not, it remains an Unidentified Flying Object.
edit on 29-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sayaangel

LOL @ hot pixels

edit on 9/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Take another look, care to explain why the black dot is the exact size of the CCD pixel? Also, please explain how this "UFO" just sits in perfect relation to the camera and does not move. If a Earth sized object was orbiting that close to the Sun, it would have an extremely fast orbit.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Any regular space object would be continuously moving in the frames, unless it's moving toward the camera, which may be the case here if it is a space object. It also looks like all the other moving nearby objects, are they all artifacts/light pixels? Why does just one of them decide to hit the pause button?

I'm not on board with the artifact explanation, never saw an artifact do this. Everything continues to be in motion except this object. 2 days worth of images in the exact same spot? That's not a normal occurrence even for a distant planet with a slow orbit.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Firstly, I'd like to point out that pixels are, by their very nature, square and not round.
Secondly, I'd recommend to everyone to spend some time every night just looking up at the sky. It's amazing how many self-illuminating pixels you can see moving around (given enought ime). It's also possible in the day time but they're much harder to see. I'd really love to get my hands on a decent set of IR goggles

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There's another 'object' on the left hand side at more or less the same spot, although twice as far from the sun. As you mention, what's odd is that both of these 'objects' remain static for quite some time. I agree that, because of this, it seems unlikely that they are video artefacts. Definitely an interesting find, although I suspect there is probably a mundane explanation for it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's an "Ancient" intergalactic "starship;" possibly the Destiny.

I actually liked that show. Too bad it was cancelled in favor of more wrestling. =/

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join