It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Outbreak Notice - Cholera in Haiti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
CDC Notice Link

An epidemic cholera strain has been confirmed in Haiti, causing the first cholera outbreak in Haiti in at least 100 years. Cholera is a potentially fatal bacterial infection that causes severe diarrhea and dehydration.

Link above the text leads to the article which includes information on symptoms and for travelers.

Jeeze, lots of outbreaks it seems. Really shows how you can take your health for granted sometimes.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wow, haven't heard anything about cholera since second grade when my whole wagon party died of it on our way to Oregon.

Protip: Always ford the river.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

Ha. It's not unlikely in the poorer countries though, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeZutch

This is old news. The CDC ssued a notice in Oct. 2010 about Cholera in Haiti. By Jan 2011 thousands had been sick or died. It was traced back to some UN Peace Keepers that had been brought in to help after the earthquake. I have no idea why they are issuing another Notice now.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

Oregon Trail!! Loved it, except my party always died unless i let them rest a lot :0 Cool game... sorry if off topic

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by MikeZutch

This is old news. The CDC ssued a notice in Oct. 2010 about Cholera in Haiti. By Jan 2011 thousands had been sick or died. It was traced back to some UN Peace Keepers that had been brought in to help after the earthquake. I have no idea why they are issuing another Notice now.

Because it's there again...

top topics

join