It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Game: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars FREE Until October 1st

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You can get it here!

I haven't played this yet, I'm downloading it now, but it's supposed to be great. It's an adventure game, like Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle. It sounds like the plot is fairly conspiracy-oriented which I'm sure will appeal to folks here.

It's only free until 7:51 AM October 1st, so get it now.

GOG.com is a great site where you can get a lot of awesome games, DRM-free and everything is under $10. They have the original Fallout games, Baldur's Gate, Tropico, Dungeon Keeper, Psychonauts and a ton of other great games from the last 20 years.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Gazrok because: all caps in thread title

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It is an awesome game. Subtle but good humour, gripping storyline and likeable characters all which are a rarity in today's games.

I would also recommend the sequels and, also by the same dev team, "Beneath a Steel Sky"

Revolution Games

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattC
I would also recommend the sequels and, also by the same dev team, "Beneath a Steel Sky"

Revolution Games

Beneath a Steel Sky is also free on GOG.com, but it's always free. You get it automatically when you sign up for an account.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks. Trying it out right now, I hope my computer can handle the graphics.

One person who commented said there are two versions with the d/l- original and directors cut. Which should I choose?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Great game thanks for the find!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower

One person who commented said there are two versions with the d/l- original and directors cut. Which should I choose?

I don't know, this is my first time playing through the game. I downloaded both version and played a little of both. In the DC, there's new stuff added to the beginning and, in my opinion, it looks better. It seems like it's also easier, because in addition to hot spots(that is, your cursor changes when you're pointing at something you can interact with) there's blue circles over everything you can interact with.

Just a heads up, there's a problem with the original. When you go to save, the game crashes. A fix for that can be found here: www.gog.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, am d/ling now.

2nd

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Played the original on PS1 and played the DC on iPod.

They are great games with good stories.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

I am unable to download the game cos of my dial up internet
if not for that I would download it... I Love anything to do with Templar Knights
I have actually seen/heard about this game and it sparked my interest.

but... I wanted to say thanks for sharing, even though I don't personally benefit from it,
its cool that you were nice enough to share with us.

SnF

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
reply to post by SaulGoodman

I am unable to download the game cos of my dial up internet

What you could do is make an account and get the game. That means its yours and it'll be on your account page if you ever get a faster internet. You don't need to download it before time is up, just "purchase" it.
The original game is only about 240 MB or so. Still would be a pain on dial-up, but might be doable.

top topics

join