It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does everyone have a twin, or a look-a-like?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I grew up in a family that I was adopted into. I had an adopted brother and sister. Non of us looked alike, or like our adopted parents. I can remember my cousins coming over (3 girls) and how the topic would come up on who they all looked like in the family - "you have so-and-so ears, you have her nose" etc...while me, my brother and sister would sit there and feel like we didn't belong. Anyway,,,,

My family moved from MA to CT when I was 13. The day I was enrolled in school I had so many people approach me saying "Nicole! You're back!" I was like "ummm, I am not Nicole, and I just moved here"...most would say "Cut it out, Nicole! Glad you're back". I was like- who the hell is Nicole. I even had a few teachers call me Nicole. After weeks of people approaching me and calling me Nicole, I just started to go with it. I stopped trying to tell them I was not Nicole.

After being in school for a few months, I was walking down the hall towards the bathroom to have a smoke. A couple girls passed by me and said "How did you do that?". I answered "do what?". They all had this strange look on their face and one of the girls said, you were just in the bathroom when we left, how did you end up walking up the hall towards us?" I just remember looking at them like they were crazy.

I walked into the bathroom, turned the corner, and there was ME! I stopped dead, starring at this other person who was real, yet I felt like I was looking in a mirror. We both just looked at each other for a bit. She said "you must be K?" I replied, you must be Nicole. It was really strange to see someone who looked just like me. At that moment I wondered if I had a twin, since I was adopted at birth. I asked her if she by chance was an adopted child, she relied that she was not. OH well, worth a shot anyway.

So, I am sure most of you are thinking kids look alike, right? Well, the story does not end there.

Many years later, I had to hire an attorney. The attorney I called said he would be at the courthouse the following day and would have time to meet for lunch on his break. We met at a pizza shop for lunch. I walked in, found him, sat down and started to talk business. He seemed like he was half paying attention. He was looking at me, shaking his head, but didn't appear to really be listening (as if he was very pre-occupied). I finally stopped and asked if another day would be better to meet. He shook his head no and started to apologize. He said, you are never going to believe this....but you look EXACTLY like my ex-wife. And he started to say we had the same eyes, hair....when I stopped him and said "was your ex-wife Nicole?" He looked SHOCKED...he said "YES, she is my ex-wife, do you know her?"...I told him the story of when I started in Jr High School after moving to the area...I had not seen her in probably 15 years. And actually once in high school- I really didn't think we looked all that much alike any more. But her ex-husband sure thought we did.

Any other ATS family have a similar thing happen?

Even if not, do you believe that everyone has a look-a-like somewhere out there?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That is crazy! WOW!

When I was little, I took ballet. I started at a new dance studio. While I was waiting for my class to start, this girl came up to me and was complementing me on all of the awards I won. When I asked her what she was talking about, she showed me all the pictures on the wall of a girl who looked EXACTLY like me.
And I'm pretty unique looking. I'm bi-racial and have hazel eyes that change colors. She had super curly hair like me. Tan skin. Freckles and light eyes. It was insane! None of the kids knew her name and I never ran into her. But it would have been really neat to see her in person.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

It would have been great if you could have found out who she was. So you know you have one (a look-a-like) out there somewhere.....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My look-a-like is the avatar I have chosen. My avatar is not a picture of me....but...it might as well be! When I joined ATS...and I was looking for an avatar .....I could not believe that I found the one I use....she could be my twin...only I am probably... just a bit older.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Considering that there are billions of people on this planet, you figure that some of the iterations of features will be reused time and time again. So not only do all of us have someone that looks like us now, we also have people in the distant past that look like us.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I saw my exact double at the Mall of America at christmas time in 1995. I was managing a store there and would have run after him if I could have left the store alone. It FREAKED me out - I still think about it. (And I am also adopted).

Is it possible that a number of us were produced in the early 1970's?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
My look-a-like is the avatar I have chosen. My avatar is not a picture of me....but...it might as well be! When I joined ATS...and I was looking for an avatar .....I could not believe that I found the one I use....she could be my twin...only I am probably... just a bit older.

well if that is the case may i congratulate you on being hot! lol

anyway back on topic. my twin actually works with me. we look so much alike that people mistake us for each other all the time. i personally dont see it. i think we do look a lot like brothers but not twins. however when we do see each othere we even call each other twin lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
After reading the OP and the responses, wow!

Just let me state I too am adopted, and also ducked the conversations of you have so and so's eyes, also what are you Irish, Italian, Japanese ?? Always hated that conversation. Anyway...

I did walk into my 'twin' one time. In a bar just walking to the restroom, looked up and there was me. We both stopped dead in our tracks and just looked each other up and down in amazement. We talked for a minute, I seem to recall asking if he was missing a brother. Never saw him again.

It was quite a long time ago and quite a bit of alcohol was involved, so don't remember all that was said, but no lost and found story to tell.

I remember his face to this day, the handsome devil.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When I was in seventh grade we moved 600 miles away.
My brother and I were talking one day after we started our new school. It was amazing how many people looked just like or very similar to people we had known back home.

Then in high school we moved back to our original area, then we started to see people that looked like the ones we had just left.

It was really strange, duplicates in school, at the grocery store, everywhere.

We started to talk about how there are just a few people on the planet
and the rest are duplicates.

We never met or saw anyone like us, but we believe they are out there. I always said mine were overseas and I just needed to go further from home to find them.

I have not met anyone yet like me, but when I was a bartender several customers told me they knew someone who looked just like me.

Great post, S&F
I had forgotten that until you reminded me...thanks for the memories.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have always wondered this ever since i saw my dad in the crowd at a football match on TV. Funny thing it couldnt have been him as he was sat in the room right next to me! I remember we kept rewinding the TV and looking at "his double" in amazment!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wanted to add, I've went along with free drinks and autographs after giving up for time after time after time of being mistaken for Billie Joe Armstrong ~ Green Day.

Mom even thought so.

Billie, if your missing a brother hit me up.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LearnedToPlayNice

I was produced in 66, born in 67

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

WOW, that's cool!

When I was in HS and General Hospital's Luke and Laura were a hit, I use to get told I looked like Genie" Francis (Laura)...where I worked they called me Genie in the break room...never got asked for an autograph though, or offered free drinks

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I always get told I look like Darlene from Roseanne. ALL THE TIME. Super annoying lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I do believe that everyone has a twin, one of my good friends showed me a picture of college baseball team and the resemblance to one of the players was uncanny.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My best friend and I, even his building neighbours mistake us in the elevator. He or me will get asked monthly on how our "brother" is doing. kinda odd, my brother is nothing like me, albeit hes 16 years younger and from another father, still hits me as strange. My friend and I normally think alike too, but not always.

Edit to add: 10 or 12 years ago I got told I looked a lot like Jamiroquay, I never saw it like that tho, untill I went to a live concert of him, I could feel the people staring at me...
edit on 29-9-2011 by Saltarello because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I had one. I left my hometown in 1982 to join the Navy and except for a few short leaves I didn't come back until 1991. I couldn't understand why I was constantly being stopped by the Police, followed by mall security and getting strange looks. I went into a bar, to help a friend unload his DJ equipment and when we finished I stopped to get a beer. While I was drinking it I felt a tap on my shoulder, turned my head and got hit on the chin with a pool cue. I was getting ready to stomp the guy, who hit me into the floor, when he got a strange look on his face and he suddenly started apologizing. He actually thought that I was another guy who had threatened to kill him and decided to strike first. After hearing this, I got in touch with my cousin, who was with the State Police and asked if they were after a guy who looked like me? He showed me a picture that looked so much like me that I thought he was playing a joke on me. This went on for about four years, until they finally caught the guy and locked him up for several years. I don't know the specifics but I later found out that he died while in prison.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
wow, strange story! kinda reminds me of a LOST episode. i remember a while ago, my mom was telling me about how she went to a home depot to buy a plunger and this random dude in the aisle walked up and said, "Hey, what are YOU doing here?!" to which my mom replied, "i think you have the wrong person" or something along those lines. the dude apparently gave a confused look and just walked off and said "Nice to see you again". pretty weird stuff, definitely seems like too common an occurrence to be just mistaken identity.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
When in high school, me and my friends were attending a football game one friday night at the school and all of friends suddenly urged me to look up into the stands. (We hardly ever sat and watched the game. Preferring to walk around instead) I did and they asked me if I saw her. "See who?", I asked. "That girl!" They all pointed in the same direction. "She looks just like you! Look! You have a twin!". I finally spotted her and honestly, I only saw a slight similarity in facial features and only at a certain angle. But all my friends stood firm in seeing her as my twin.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Awesome idea for a thread.

I've unfortunately never met my twin. I wish I could. I always find stories like this so interesting.

When we moved back in 1994 to our new home the neighbors across the street thought my dad was a criminal and had been on that show, "America's Most Wanted" since there was a guy on there that looked like him. So I guess that's a bad way to find your twin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join