It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Whitley County Sheriff Gets 186 Months

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Indeed, I also think "The System" works well enough, its just the people who are working it and using it for their own evil ends that are wrong. If I was to change the world in 1 day, I would leave the system, or at least large parts of it, intact. I would remove all those manning various high placed positions though. Congress would all need to look for new jobs, for example. Listen to me. I don't understand much about the US political system but I saw an ATS thread on how many Congress persons were billionaires.... yeah. Time to stop that kind of extreme silliness.

Define "evil ends" please.

I'm not saying I disagree.

Everyone uses the system.

Just us as citizens use it.

There are those however that profit off of it who should not be allowed to do so.

I understand the entire U.S. political system top to bottom.

We should fire 1/3 of all political leaders top down and remove the need for their positions.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Gladly.

Helping your business friends to get stuff "through" that otherwise wouldn't see the light of day. Rumsfeld and Aspartame being top of my personal list. The rabbit hole is deep though.

War, anti-terrorism (cough cough!) measures, public health (government mandated vaccines?), carbon tax, et al...

Of course we "use" the system. It is there for "us" at the end of the day. To protect and serve us. In all the good and bad of that. I have work? I pay the system. I have no work? The system pays me. All the lobbying and political rhetoric while grabbing more money is just reaching a point that hopefully people will wake up to and do something to change. Revolution never works, it just installs the next dictator but politics globally is nothing more than a joke. One vote every four years? That ain't gonna change a thing.
edit on 29/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typos/syntax error

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Gladly.

Helping your business friends to get stuff "through" that otherwise wouldn't see the light of day. Rumsfeld and Aspartame being top of my personal list. The rabbit hole is deep though.

War, anti-terrorism (cough cough!) measures, public health (government mandated vaccines?), carbon tax, et al...

Of course we "use" the system. It is there for "us" at the end of the day. To protect and serve us. In all the good and bad of that. I have work? I pay the system. I have no work? The system pays me. All the lobbying and political rhetoric while grabbing more money is just reaching a point that hopefully people will wake up to and do something to change. Revolution never works, it just installs the next dictator but politics globally is nothing more than a joke. One vote every four years? That ain't gonna change a thing.
edit on 29/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typos/syntax error

Or developing pickle technology?

Seriously, someone elsewhere posted that in a thread, a Senator sponsored it, or Congress member.

Yes, I agree, they should not be allowed to profit of our tax dollars at work.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Some days I wonder if there is anyone left in the official capacity that's honest?What a breath of fresh air it would be if any of them actually had guts to be moral,scrupulous and trustworthy.I think there are some out there but you just don't hear about them as often as the f-ups...what I have noticed as a trend is the ones that seem to be honest and upfront with the people and win all kinds of awards,within a few months or years they end up getting busted for whatever and find out they have been in all kinds of criminal activity.Is it true that if "you can't beat em,join em"?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Some days I wonder if there is anyone left in the official capacity that's honest?What a breath of fresh air it would be if any of them actually had guts to be moral,scrupulous and trustworthy.I think there are some out there but you just don't hear about them as often as the f-ups...what I have noticed as a trend is the ones that seem to be honest and upfront with the people and win all kinds of awards,within a few months or years they end up getting busted for whatever and find out they have been in all kinds of criminal activity.Is it true that if "you can't beat em,join em"?

I highly doubt that there are any honest people left in the world.

I say this because no one ever stands up and does something about it.

If you submit to it you're just as bad as those who abuse the power.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join