It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God. Profit from Murder and Genocide? Get serious.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Not recently... but notice i said "for example"

Would you like to sumerize for me before i actually have to?

edit on 24-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Feel free to explain.

Explain what... I've already said "i don't believe God actually is responsible for the attrocities within the bible" And given an example of said attrocities... I didn't say that was the reason for it in that passage, just a possible scenerio that might have occured as a result of what this particular "follower of God" commanded.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Not recently... but notice i said "for example"

Would you like to sumerize for me before i actually have to?

Feel free to explain.

Explain what... I've already said "i don't believe God actually is responsible for the attrocities within the bible" And given an example of said attrocities... I didn't say that was the reason for it in that passage, just a possible scenerio that might have occured as a result of what this particular "follower of God" commanded.

Ok

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

reply to post by Greatest I am

Apparently Christians...

True.
By their poor interpretation of the message in the bible.

Regards
DL

Incorrect...

The bible wasn't written at that point...

Though they had scriptures that said he would come, and would also be killed.

The Jews awaited a messiah that would live and build the nation. Not one that would die.
They were not looking for a scapegoat but a leader who would rebuild the temple etc.

The Messiah Before Jesus?

video.nationalgeographic.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

God didn't create sin, Adam and Eve did when they disobeyed. If your going to quote scripture then at least tell the whole story if space permits.

21 “But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22 None of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live. 23 Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord GOD, “and not that he should turn from his ways and live?
24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.
25 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ Hear now, O house of Israel, is it not My way which is fair, and your ways which are not fair? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies in it, it is because of the iniquity which he has done that he dies. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. 28 Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 29 Yet the house of Israel says, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ O house of Israel, is it not My ways which are fair, and your ways which are not fair?

And before you accuse God of murder you might want to get a full understand of what murder is. Don't get it confused with justice. Alot of people seem to do that.

Yes. Mostly Christians who think genocide is justice.
Not me or anyone with morals.

As to the first sin, did Satan not sin in heaven just before God put him in Eden?
Sort of like putting a loaded gun in your children's hands. insanity.
If your going to quote scripture then at least tell the truth.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join