It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God. Profit from Murder and Genocide? Get serious.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

So you're telling me in the places where it says, Jesus said, or replied... meaning they were words from Jesus... His words were influenced by paul...

I don't agree with everything that is said in the Gospels, but i don't agree that all of the NT was influenced by paul...

Where do you get your information?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

So you're telling me in the places where it says, Jesus said, or replied... meaning they were words from Jesus... His words were influenced by paul...

I don't agree with everything that is said in the Gospels, but i don't agree that all of the NT was influenced by paul...

The only sayings of Jesus which are most probably really HIS words are those in the Q Gospel. Notice that these are all SAYINGS of him not sayings ABOUT HIM. So, it would seem THAT was the Gospel, that was the Revelation Jesus got from God.
Everything else in the NT is a modification, addition and interpolation of the GOSPEL WRITERS.
edit on 12/10/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

The only sayings of Jesus which are most probably really HIS words are those in the Q Gospel. Notice that these are all SAYINGS of him not sayings ABOUT HIM. So, it would seem THAT was the Gospel, that was the Revelation Jesus got from God.
Everything else in the NT is a modification, addition and interpolation of the GOSPEL WRITERS.

whats with the CAPITOLS?

Somehow i don't believe you've read any of the Gospels i've mentioned... It sounds like you've learned this from a website though i could be wrong... I've noticed you like to ignore any questions i have for you though... Interesting

Perhaps you'd show me what the Jesus in your book teaches...

And btw the gospels i mentioned are not just sayings, but apparently they are words directly FROM him, as heard by his followers... And Paul, did not know him... They met once as far as i know

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

whats with the CAPITOLS?

Somehow i don't believe you've read any of the Gospels i've mentioned... It sounds like you've learned this from a website though i could be wrong... I've noticed you like to ignore any questions i have for you though... Interesting

Perhaps you'd show me what the Jesus in your book teaches...

And btw the gospels i mentioned are not just sayings, but apparently they are words directly FROM him, as heard by his followers... And Paul, did not know him... They met once as far as i know

Lol, if you say so ...

I am not ignoring your questions, I just do not have time to write a lot, because I am doing many things right now, and tomorrow (in about 5 hrs) I have to get to work - so I am writing everything fast and shortened. As for the capitals - I takes TIME to use the "bold" feature in this not so intuitive interface.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

If you say so is not a sufficient answer... to anything...

If you're going to post these things, at least back your arguements

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Did you read my post?

I have to go to sleep dude ^^

"If you say so" was the answer to your claim that I have not read the gospels and that I am only writing this from some website or similar.
I am not.
I am a researcher and author in the field of comparative religion.

Now, I really have to go. Good night.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Did you read my post?

I have to go to sleep dude ^^

"If you say so" was the answer to your claim that I have not read the gospels and that I am only writing this from some website or similar.
I am not.
I am a researcher and author in the field of comparative religion.

Now, I really have to go. Good night.

Great... so you won't mind answering the questions you've looked over so far, when you have time...

Goodnight

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What a great mind you have.

You have done your homework.

I have reached a different conclusion.

You sound like me when I was younger.

Make your points...Choose your words carefully.

You and I will have to answer for our words.

I do enjoy your posts that dig a little deeper.

The answer you seek is not in all of those dusty books.

Look within....I say that with total respect.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Though i disagree with most of what you posted...

I gave you a star because of this truth...

The answer you seek is not in all of those dusty books.

Look within

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Greatest I am

One quick question....

How did God murder his son?

I don't get it...

Is it because he was supposedly meant to die to fulfil some prophecy? And God knowing that he would die, sent him anyways?

Who decided that only the murder of Jesus would provide forgiveness for man?
Who set the ransom required.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Apparently Christians...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Apparently Christians...

True.
By their poor interpretation of the message in the bible.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Apparently Christians...

True.
By their poor interpretation of the message in the bible.

Regards
DL

Incorrect...

The bible wasn't written at that point...

Though they had scriptures that said he would come, and would also be killed.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
God didn't create sin, Adam and Eve did when they disobeyed. If your going to quote scripture then at least tell the whole story if space permits.

21 “But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22 None of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live. 23 Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord GOD, “and not that he should turn from his ways and live?
24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.
25 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ Hear now, O house of Israel, is it not My way which is fair, and your ways which are not fair? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies in it, it is because of the iniquity which he has done that he dies. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. 28 Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 29 Yet the house of Israel says, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ O house of Israel, is it not My ways which are fair, and your ways which are not fair?

And before you accuse God of murder you might want to get a full understand of what murder is. Don't get it confused with justice. Alot of people seem to do that.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

And before you accuse God of murder you might want to get a full understand of what murder is. Don't get it confused with justice. Alot of people seem to do that.

Murder is not justice in any way shape or form...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Murder is not justice in any way shape or form...

I'm not sure if your for or against my quote. Please explain.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I don't believe the murders and attrocities within the bible were actually commaned by God. They are examples of men with agendas, and not Gods work.

For example...

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

Clearly the author wanted "the land of Merathaim and hte people of Pekod" dead for one reason or another... Likely a land dispute, or some treasure the leader of one faction wanted... And what better way to convince your soldiers to charge into a place and destroy it, then to tell them God commanded it?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I don't believe the murders and attrocities within the bible were actually commaned by God. They are examples of men with agendas, and not Gods work.

For example...

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

Clearly the author wanted "the land of Merathaim and hte people of Pekod" dead for one reason or another... Likely a land dispute, or some treasure the leader of one faction wanted... And what better way to convince your soldiers to charge into a place and destroy it, then to tell them God commanded it?

Sorry, I don't see how you drawed that conclusion. Did you read the whole chapter?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Not recently... but notice i said "for example"

Would you like to sumerize for me before i actually have to?

edit on 24-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Not recently... but notice i said "for example"

Would you like to sumerize for me before i actually have to?

edit on 24-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Feel free to explain.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join