It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA JPL Live! Discussing Near Earth Objects now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Did I just hear that Amanda woman make a slip of the tongue when she was talking about the newly discovered 100+ brown dwarfs... ? She said (paraphrasing): "We've found brown dwarfs that are close to earth"... perhaps she meant to say "close to the solar system" ??

Haha yeah she said exactly that. Then almost backed up and said the nearest one is farther away than the closest star to our solar system.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Surprised no call from ATS.

Hmm, curious why they brought up the DC area about an asteroid though. Why that target? Why not Denver, NYC, California or even Texas. Why do they specifically target the beltway? Maybe we do have an asteroid coming and they know the exact location of where it might be falling. Odd.

Guess time will tell.

If so, I'll either be dead from the asteroid or have some type of radiation. It was nice knowing you folks.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Did I just hear that Amanda woman make a slip of the tongue when she was talking about the newly discovered 100+ brown dwarfs... ? She said (paraphrasing): "We've found brown dwarfs that are close to earth"... perhaps she meant to say "close to the solar system" ??

Close to earth? Close to the solar system? Doesn't matter. It's non-hazardous says Amy. And they should know seeing how modern man just learned how hazardous food dye is. But alas, they know. Therefore, we listen.

Baaaaah.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There wouldn't happen to be anyone on that panel or attending this named Middlebrook, would there?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard

Haha yeah she said exactly that. Then almost backed up and said the nearest one is farther away than the closest star to our solar system.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

I thought that's what she said, it threw me off for a second.

Freudian slip ?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop
There wouldn't happen to be anyone on that panel or attending this named Middlebrook, would there?

No idea, personally.
Why, who is that?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hilarious. They closed the chat through all the conspiracy spam.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I give it to the caller from MSNBC that asked the Planet X ?

The part where she said they have found 100 plus cool brown dwarfs also raised my eyebrow.

They did seem awful nervous after that MSNBC question....
edit on 29-9-2011 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I agree.

Veronica had that nice little "prepared in advance" answer concerning YU55. Chat coming in October...which she used...twice.

I listened to the stream and the greatest WTF moment came with the Planet X question...the panelists all started looking at each other with a look meaning "I ain't touching that subject with a 10 foot pole...."

You gotta love NASA.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Hilarious. They closed the chat through all the conspiracy spam.

lol I did not see that.
What happened?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
they did seem a bit nervous and rather deliberate in thier wording...

i liked the caller that asked a dual question, the second part being about damage from a small meteor..and how they guy responding..said he forgot what the second part was about..
hmmm

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Will this be rebroadcast for those of us who missed it? Im sorry, but I forgot about this and wanted to watch it but got here a little too late.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
Will this be rebroadcast for those of us who missed it? Im sorry, but I forgot about this and wanted to watch it but got here a little too late.

hmmm I'll see if I can find the video for you. It was pretty short, like 15 minutes maybe.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind

i liked the caller that asked a dual question, the second part being about damage from a small meteor..and how they guy responding..said he forgot what the second part was about..
hmmm

You have to remember these are some of the smartest people we have in the nation. I'm not saying this is true for all intelligent persons, but a large portion are just naturally nervous and sound uneasy in their rhetoric—especially when they know millions of people are watching.

I guess it's also possible that they were nervous about not letting anything top secret slip too

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Maybe we do have an asteroid coming and they know the exact location of where it might be falling. Odd.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I wouldn´t worry about them knowing exact location of anything after they didin´t find their crashing satellite. Just saying

edit on 29-9-2011 by Amandla because: (no reason given)

link   
put all the nasa non-speculative answers in one hand and take a crap in the other.

let us know which one fills up first.

link   
put all the nasa non-speculative answers in one hand and take a crap in the other.

let us know which one fills up first.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am also looking for a copy of the broadcast , will post up if i find it . Sounds a bit nonconsequential though .

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by duhdiggitydan

Originally posted by clearmind

hmmm

You have to remember these are some of the smartest people we have in the nation. I'm not saying this is true for all intelligent persons, but a large portion are just naturally nervous and sound uneasy in their rhetoric—especially when they know millions of people are watching.

That's true. You've also got a whole forum of people here who go into it with the preconceived notion that "NASA is lying and hiding planet x/nibiru/whatever." People will see what they want to see based on their own biases. Worse yet, a term like "Planet X" has a different meaning for a real astronomer than it does for a conspiracy theorist, so how do you answer the question? You could say the Tyche hypothesis qualifies as a "planet X" theory, but it doesn't at all resemble a conspiracy theorist's idea of "Planet X." It's a very loaded term, and you have to tip-toe carefully so as to not give conspiracy theorists ammunition based on a misinterpretation of your statement.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ID what's she playing at ?

edit on 29-9-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join