It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA JPL Live! Discussing Near Earth Objects now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
They just started broadcasting. Here is the link: NASA JPL LIVE

Great info and very interesting! I am watching and everyone should too, to educate themselves. Mainly discussing the WISE telescope and it's purpose... Discuss!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They are showing some really awesome animations!
2nd

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
At the beginning inroduction, I heard him say that in addition to NEO's they were going to update the aspect of finding our nearest neighbors in the universe. Listening for that!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
She just called Vesta a planet...
I can hear the hardcore conspiracist's already...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
At the beginning inroduction, I heard him say that in addition to NEO's they were going to update the aspect of finding our nearest neighbors in the universe. Listening for that!

Also listen for key non-committal words like: possible, likelihood, potentially, probable, not certain, could be, very likely, almost certain, good chance..........

Remember they are not allowed to panic the public!

Seems John Harrington knew more back in 1984 than NASA admits to in 2011!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
They took it off air i guess NASA is Gay we were all talking then the chat got disabled and they are showing photoshoped pictures lol

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They have just reassure us that Planet X is not coming to get us. They didn't deny it. Just saying it's not hazardous.

So there ya have it.

WOW. I can't even listen to NASA anymore. They are as if not MORE, disingenuous as a politician!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
They have just reassure us that Planet X is not coming to get us. They didn't deny it. Just saying it's not hazardous.

So there ya have it.

WOW. I can't even listen to NASA anymore. They are as if not MORE, disingenuous as a politician!

Hahaha! I thought that was funny it only took until question #2 until they had a caller inquiring about Planet X. They also added that the closest brown dwarf was farther away than the closest star to our solar system.

link   
"We have found 93% of the large asteroids we think are out there"...good stuff.

It reminds me of a clip from Anchorman "They've done studies you know...60% of the time it works everytime!"

www.youtube.com...

link   

So there ya have it.

Yeah, I heard Amy and the caller say that. I was laughing so hard.

Waiting for Nibiru to come up.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

edit on 29-9-2011 by ledzeppelin489 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard

So there ya have it.

Hahaha! I thought that was funny it only took until question #2 until they had a caller inquiring about Planet X. They also added that the closest brown dwarf was farther away than the closest star to our solar system.

You realize they qualify the calls prior to airing them so it's my guess they are inundated with Planet X questions. So they probably HAD to let one in.

This is just more fodder for the flock.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Did I just hear that Amanda woman make a slip of the tongue when she was talking about the newly discovered 100+ brown dwarfs... ? She said (paraphrasing): "We've found brown dwarfs that are close to earth"... perhaps she meant to say "close to the solar system" ??

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
They appear as though they are soooo nervous.

I love how they dance around questions and not really coming out to say what you know they really want to say.

If an asteroid hit a populated area....obviously it would be devastating for said area.

I would love to ask them if and when something comes our way HOW will they notify the public and in what time frame.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
100 meter asteroid, if it hit would be 10s of miles per second. ... not as bad I expected... if it hit in Washington DC center it would destroy everything within the beltway.

(... and probably give the US a great new start as a country
)
(latest remark added by me, not the scientist)

edit on 29-9-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489

edit on 29-9-2011 by ledzeppelin489 because: (no reason given)

Yes I know...
She corrected herself right after she said it.

link   

Originally posted by Manhater

So there ya have it.

Yeah, I heard Amy and the caller say that. I was laughing so hard.

Waiting for Nibiru to come up.

Never! Nibiru? Parish the thought.

They might allow a question about Nemesis, or Tyche, or Sedna or Eros or whatever name-de jour in but not Nibiru.

Nibiru does NOT exist anymore than Planet X did NOT exist 10 years ago.

Oh, baby steps folks. This re-conditioning and desensitizing effort takes quite a bit of time, don't you know!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Okay, what the hell was that conference about?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Did I just hear that Amanda woman make a slip of the tongue when she was talking about the newly discovered 100+ brown dwarfs... ? She said (paraphrasing): "We've found brown dwarfs that are close to earth"... perhaps she meant to say "close to the solar system" ??

no she said,,and im sure we will have the video,,

"there are no known DwarfsStars, between us (EARTH,,),, and our closest star.,,, (SUN).

then smiled,,
------------------------
hahahahah

which is XLD,,,away or UA's or moon units, or callycalls, or miles, units,blahh,blah,

-------but we do send JetPlanes to Asteroids,, robotically,,routinelly,,quite often,,
with amazing cameras,,and pictures,,and little pieces of thumb drives, or ipads,

just strap it on and zoom,, 80000m klm to the drop,,

hows that for weight to gravity ratio,,

think replicators,,,,seriously i kid you not,,

how many replicators versus man weight??

edit on 29-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join