It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK Zapruder Footage: vastly slowed and Enhanced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Orginally the zapruder footage has a frame rate of averaging at 18.6, as a favour for a friend I enhanced it as if it had been filmed at a 74.6 frame rate and increased both resolution and detail as much as I could without losing any pixel information or adding anything strange. I 've added it here incase its useful or interesting to anyone who knows vastly more about this subject than I probably do.

There are a couple of artifacts here and there due to the process but are all very obvious and so wont be confused with actual data in the footage itself. While I could slow it down even further I feel the artifacting would then make it virtually useless to anyone.

While I'm putting this up without any bias one way or another, I find it interesting how much becomes clearer inside the car,especially exactly how close Jackie Kennedy was to her husbands head when the shot occured. Also the moment of impact and soon afterwards I find especially enlightening from a personal standpoint. Directions of the brain matter etc also becomes easier to follow.

But yet again this is not the be all and end all and be careful what judgement you make based on it, and it is put here simply for those who may find it interesting in their research. Nothing more.

Wayne...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It looks like the guy on the right leaned back in order to block the driver who made the shot. Unless this video is altered I think it gives credit to the driver as assassin theory.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There are some people who think the whole video has been altered in layers. For example around 1:55 in the video a guys legs go from being together to apart in one frame. Very strange.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
It looks like the guy on the right leaned back in order to block the driver who made the shot. Unless this video is altered I think it gives credit to the driver as assassin theory.

For this I used the original frames someone upped some time ago and still have them on my drive. If I can get a I better and slower version I'll up that, frame by frame lots makes me raise an eyebrow.

Wayne...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
There are some people who think the whole video has been altered in layers. For example around 1:55 in the video a guys legs go from being together to apart in one frame. Very strange.

I have to admit it being altered did cross my mind as some errors it gives are almost the same that I would get if I had tried doing this on interspliced footage.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
looks like he was hit from behind since the brain matter was ejected from the front of his skull. like a hollow point bullet would do possibly.....the bullet entered his skull from behind, expanded, and exited the front bringing with it all of the brain matter.....i watched the clip from the beginning and tried to see if there was anyone looking suspicious in the background, i didn't see anyone, but i saw that there were holes in the wall in the background that a shooter could've used.......

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
while interesting, this footage probably shouldn't be used for any type of critical analysis due to 2 issues:

1) frame blending, meaning the computer has blended frames together to make a smoother slow motion playback. It's basically made up stuff that's not there in the original so it's not as jittery when played back.
2) noise removal artifacts. notice all the squiggly jagged artifacts, those are the noise removal algorithm freaking out which again, adds things to the frame that weren't originally there.

If you want to see a good example of the type of 'damage' done by using these two methods watch the tree in the upper left corner at the beginning, it's a mess.

What we really need is a DeLorean + flux capacitor so we can give Mr. Z a modern high def camera shooting at 1000fps. I'd also hand the guy a tripod too.

edit on 29-9-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

My opinion is that the driver theory is total bunk, but like any theory pertaining to the JFK killing how the freak can I prove it? It seems more logical to me that everyone in the car is reacting to the noise/chaos & that's why they're moving around, turning and looking. The passenger in the front knew to lean back specifically to block Zapruder's view? Come on now. There were people basically 360 degrees around the car & he's going to lean back to block one particular view? Makes no sense. That's like saying they placed the sign there on purpose to block the view of the first shot.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

That's John Connolly. He didn't move back in order to "block" a shot.. he was actually just shot himself. And yes, he, along with his wife Nellie, believe it to be a different shot to the one that struck Kennedy in the upper back and of course yes they believe it to have come from behind.. not a couple of inches in front of them and to the left.

Oh, and If a shot came from inside the limousine ask yourself how on earth every single witness from all angles could have completely missed it. Instead some heard a shot coming from the knoll (even those on the side of the knoll) and some heard a shot coming from behind the limousine "towards the buildings" - this being where a sniper could be observed by multiple witnesses in the 6th floor window. Sorry but no, nothing will ever back up the Greer theory. It's a ridiculous theory that makes genuine, serious research become the target for mockery.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
while interesting, this footage probably shouldn't be used for any type of critical analysis due to 2 issues:

1) frame blending, meaning the computer has blended frames together to make a smoother slow motion playback. It's basically made up stuff that's not there in the original so it's not as jittery when played back.
2) noise removal artifacts. notice all the squiggly jagged artifacts, those are the noise removal algorithm freaking out which again, adds things to the frame that weren't originally there.

If you want to see a good example of the type of 'damage' done by using these two methods watch the tree in the upper left corner at the beginning, it's a mess.

Hence my disclaimer I posted in my opening post....no one should use thisto make a hard judgement .

This method doesn't use the traditional frame blending but intelligent motion vectors across multiple frames both before and after each frame as it caclulates through the footage frame by frame. While its far better than simple frame blending it isn't perfect by far, some areas such as the trees or areas that have large jumps between frames (for whatever reason) will confuse it and output the visual errors you see. It detects patterns of pixels and overlays multiple sections that overlap (think of overlapping onion slices) and tries to extrapolate the correct pixels from that. When it gets it wrong its very obvious.

Wayne...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What software are you using for the slowmo? It's not Twixtor is it?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
What software are you using for the slowmo? It's not Twixtor is it?

no... its something of my own outside of the public domain.

But to keep things above board what I did is to use both my app then ran it also through kronos in nuke as a check that mine isn't producing anything it shouldn't be. (The reaon I wrote mine is it does some things others like kronos and twitor dont. (..and no it wont be ever onsale as its one of my 'in house' app's)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by the secret web

I 've added it here incase its useful or interesting to anyone who knows vastly more about this subject than I probably do.

I don't mean to throw anyone under the bus. But Rising Against, is definetly, a go to fact man, for the Kennedy assassination, around here.
SnF

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
looks like he was hit from behind since the brain matter was ejected from the front of his skull. like a hollow point bullet would do possibly.....the bullet entered his skull from behind, expanded, and exited the front bringing with it all of the brain matter.....i watched the clip from the beginning and tried to see if there was anyone looking suspicious in the background, i didn't see anyone, but i saw that there were holes in the wall in the background that a shooter could've used.......

Have you ever seen extreme slow motion of a watermelon being shot? the entry point ejects matter FIRST in a rearward way, meaning as the bullet enters the mass, there is a mass ejection of matter. Displacement. Just because it "appears" that the shot came from the rear, it is more likely than not that it came from the front and if a small explosive round was used to make sure the job was done, then you would have the explosion and the brain matter and skull piece flying backwards toward the end of the sequence.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Must have something interesting about it because trying to get it on YouTube gives me:

502. That’s an error.
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds. That’s all we know.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mantic

Youtube was down today.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

As he is shot...From that direction there is somebody with a camera filming him. Could the shot have come from a Gun diguise to look like a camera, so nobody would even suspect to look there. One with a silencer maybe.

Considering where the head flaps open to it would actually work out.

The detail in this video is amazing btw.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by the secret web
But yet again this is not the be all and end all and be careful what judgement you make based on it, and it is put here simply for those who may find it interesting in their research. Nothing more.

It's interesting. Cleans it up a bit for casual viewing, but it doesn't really offer any more information than the original. Nice work, though.

top topics

join