It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Westerners being prepped (brainwashed?) for war with Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
US Hikers

Death Row Christian Pastor

With all that's come out in the news, the above examples only being a few, about Iran, are Westerners, specifically Americans and possibly Brits, being prepped for war with Iran?

It seems to me that headlining young hikers who say they were held because of their nationality and were treated rather brutally would stir the wrath of many. It also seems that headlining a Christian pastor, when much of the U.S. is Christian, would help stir anger amongst that demographic.

So, is this some kind of media showing to prep us for war with Iran, something that has been long speculated to be about to begin, anyhow?

I remember hearing that Israel is on the brink; could these articles be designed to pull the public sentiment towards anger and disgust at Iran, thus making it politically viable to go ahead and help Israel in their campaign?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Keep in mind one of the "hikers" dad is an Israeli citizen.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

not really because these events are happening. and there not lies and propaganda. If anybody becomes brainwashed from these 2 incidents it's Irans fault for doing it not the West.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Thetawave because: .

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
oh sure TPTB are going to use their winning strategy of demonizing a country ,saying they hate us and they "might have nukes" they support terrorism bla blah,if we fall for that again it's on us

and then after they start one of their TPTB lottery winning 'wars' all of a sudden they will be giving aid and support to the same people they told us we were fighting against,(which is exactly what they were doing before) gah! don't buy it folks it's all lies and smoke and mirrors

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Personally, I think that the US isn't interested in another war.

The people are tired of spending all this money in the Mideast with nothing to show for it.

Most people that I know want the troops home and stop wasting our money.

We cannot police the Mideast.

Spend the money on becoming energy independent and tell the oil nations of the Mideast to stick it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well if Iran really chop's that guys head off i would say it's a bit more than brainwashing would'nt you? I think in order for Americans to be mislead about Iran the news stories need to be false first.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Star for that reply...

On topic.

Iran is responsible for their own actions just LIKE the US is for ours. [Which we hear about 24/7] If people do not like what Iran is doing then it's all on Iran. Why point the fingers at others for their actions?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

But of course they are lieing to us. Exactly how many countries can one country try invade before the world leaders stop them? I'd say back when Rome fell their abuse of military power had most everything to do with it. I'm not happy Iran wants to face us off, but our government don't give a shtz what we citizens think or say, they will do as they please, afterall, humans are expendable.
Western actions will affect the entire world, one bomb goes off and every nuclear country will start lobbing them off at each other...peace, we need it
edit on 29-9-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

top topics

join