It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian pastor faces execution in Iran for Apostasy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A man who converted from Islam to Christianity is facing the death penalty in Iran for refusing to return to his former religion. Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani, 34, of the Church of Iran, faces hanging after refusing a court order to renounce his Christian faith. He was arrested in 2009 for apostasy and given the death sentance , first time i've heard of him though.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last, that missionaries and Christian native in other countries have been killed for the differences in beliefs. Plenty of stories out there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thats a bit extreme isnt it?

Belive in my god or i will send you to yours?

Nothing really supprises me these days though

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
stuff like this makes it easy to know who the bad guys are.

religion with power, scary huh.
edit on 29-9-2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Reports suggest that an Iranian court gave Pastor Nadarkhani a third chance to avoid hanging, but he replied: "I am resolute in my faith and Christianity and have no wish to recant."

Seems all he has to do is recant Christianity and he lives. Strong faith. God Bless Him.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No, this can't be. I am constantly told Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance and love.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Reply to post by jjkenobi

And don't forget that Iran is the bastion of peace and tolerance in the Middle East.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Actually, according to the pastor himself, he was never a muslim. The judge, however, doesn't believe him...or maybe he does, but he says "You have to return to the religion of your ancestors".

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's a set of..... on one side the good guy, the christian, and on the other side the bad guys, the muslims. Ofcourse here presented from a christian perspective, where the black and white already are predetermined.

From the 'extremist-religion-is-all-bleep'-perspective it's just two bad-guy systems fighting each other.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thetawave

A man who converted from Islam to Christianity is facing the death penalty in Iran for refusing to return to his former religion. Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani, 34, of the Church of Iran, faces hanging after refusing a court order to renounce his Christian faith. He was arrested in 2009 for apostasy and given the death sentance , first time i've heard of him though.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

In another article on this situation the accused pastor said he never practiced Islam. Therefore he cannot be tried as an apostate.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just another case of Christians being killed by cults. He will be added to a list of over 120 million Christian martyrs or more through out history.

Wonder if there will be a Jihadist book of martyrs like there is a Foxes book of martyrs ?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
Just another case of Christians being killed by cults. He will be added to a list of over 120 million Christian martyrs or more through out history.

Wonder if there will be a Jihadist book of martyrs like there is a Foxes book of martyrs ?

100,000 per year. We can only pray for him.

"Then a strong angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, "So will Babylon, the great city, be thrown down with violence, and will not be found any longer. 22 "And the sound of harpists and musicians and flute-players and trumpeters will not be heard in you any longer ; and no craftsman of any craft will be found in you any longer ; and the sound of a mill will not be heard in you any longer ; 23 and the light of a lamp will not shine in you any longer ; and the voice of the bridegroom and bride will not be heard in you any longer ; for your merchants were the great men of the earth, because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery. 24 "And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth." ~ Revelation 18:21-24

Martyrs

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
May God forgive them all for their ignorance. It's been happening for long. God will help all believers

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
What an extremely brave man - please be with him, Jesus.

As for the rulers in a country that does this - start praying fast.

new topics

top topics

join