It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Pastor Faces Execution for Refusing to Recant Christian Faith

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
what a shame its always the sameo sameo

nope cant dont wanna discuss the topic of iran getting ready to kill a dude a christian dude.

no no ats readers that dont matter

its always the great satans the us and chrisitanity.

no no folks nothing to see here about a religious theocracy and islamic theocracy here.

its the same crap different day different thread.

nothing to see here folks

carry on

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ahhh the chest thumping US is big bad!!! I laugh at the lack of perspective amongst certain members. Despite belief to the contrary, the ME is about a century behind the rest of the world in matters of equality and religion. You have dirt poor farmers & laborers that are told what to do by their "betters". Those who can read tell the ones who can't what is what. Throw in the whole theocracy thing then you got laws that are what the high authorities want it to be. Remember who ended the discussion of the election in iran? The Mullahs!!! So does the idea of iran wanting to execute a man for changing faiths surprise me? Not one bit. For every evil the US and the west has done in their history, it is more then likely still condoned if not encouraged!
edit on 29-9-2011 by hangedman13 because: duh moment

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
the ME is about a century behind the rest of the world in matters of equality and religion.

That I agree with

We - here in the states - are geographically fortunate.

When you think of the affects of 911 on our financial stability - - not to mention mental/psych stability as a citizen.

Can you imagine if over the last 200 years we were land/ground accessible to many forces of opposition and conflicting belief systems.

We have not had to rebuild our infrastructures and economy - - - to the degree of countries who are constantly invaded by other governments/tribes/power/ideology challengers.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Annee

All of that has what to do with Iran considering putting somebody to death because of their Faith?

If this thread was about Racial prejudice and or Religious persecution by the Government of LA then maybe I can see where you are coming from.

I see it as the same thing.

I realize not everyone sees it in the same scope I do.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Not so much the invading but the nature of life in the ME. Life is viewed as cheap. Especially other peoples lives! Hence why we see young people willing to strap explosives to them selves. A lot of people in the west like to look at Islam like it is one big happy group of like minded individuals. The truth is their are a number of sects that all at the least dislike and distrust each other or at worst kill each other. But throw in a outsider and nothing gets them together faster. Now with the western world offering things like knowledge from things like the internet and you have a bunch of old farts trying to desperately hold on to power by throwing the masses at the outsiders who endanger their way of life.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Despite belief to the contrary, the ME is about a century behind the rest of the world in matters of equality and religion.

I've always looked at it in terms of Islam beign about 1400 years old....

And what was x-ianity like at 1400 CE??? Not so much different!

Fortunately (IMO) Islam exists in a "modern" world, with fast communications, lots of cultural mixing, information, trade, etc., so there is a lot of pressure on it to "get modern" that x-ianity didn't have circa 1400 CE.

I hope this means they will "come up to speed" a lot faster than x-ianity did........but even if they do I do not think it will be a peaceful transition.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Not so much the invading but the nature of life in the ME. Life is viewed as cheap.

Well Yeah! Cuz they are always fighting to survive. And fighting forces of control.

Peace and prosperity sets up the model to have value of oneself and humanity.

The USA has just about collapsed from one event.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Well Yeah! Cuz they are always fighting to survive. And fighting forces of control.

You left out those who wish to control how and who one worships under the penalty of death

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

In as much as the article states that a lesser sentence or maybe even an acquittal is possible. The fact remains that a Christian is being forced to deny his faith or forfeit his life.

The Christian pastor has stated that he never was a Muslim and was never a convert to Christianity but the Iranian ghost hunt for converts (the judge in question and the prosecutor) allege that due to his heritage he was Muslim, and therefore a convert! Hmm? Are they stating that because his family was formerly Muslim he therefore inherited the religion? Therefore any religion he has embraced from childhood is negated by this?

What would the Muslim community do if Christians decided to execute all Christian converts to Islam?
I have a funny feeling that they wouldn't just sit tight and say 'oh well, another one falls to the wayside'. A fatwa would be out within the hour against the perpetrators that's for sure. So why is it that us Christians are just idly standing by and saying nothing as this is going on?

Someone please clear this up for me......

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

We all know what serving Jesus Christ entails before we commit. I will pray for my brother that the Lord will change the minds of these madmen or grant him an acquittal. This is why Islam is the wrong faith, they enforce a "convert or kill" policy and are at war with any other religion, they defy God's laws of "thou shalt not murder" and "thou shalt not have any other gods before me" by worshipping their moon-god Satan in disquise while proclaiming he is the Lord.

What would the Muslim community do if Christians decided to execute all Christian converts to Islam?

Youre right they wouldn't just sit back and let it happen, they would commence with terrorist attacks because they are hypocrits. You don't see christians sawing off the heads of muslims with serrated knives and posting it on the internet to spread fear. You don't see christians threatening to murder muslims if they don't convert to christianity. Muhammad was a pedophile and a madman, who had no prophecies yet is called a "prophet" and he preaches against the tenets of God. There are 135 versus in the Quran specifically inciting muslims to murder and break the 6th commandment, yet they claim they serve "God", but which God? They do not serve YHWH, but Allah a moon-god and their symbol is the crescent moon with a star facing it, which just so happens to be a Satanic symbol.
edit on 29-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I find it highly amusing that the people we see on these forums consistently griping about christianity being "forced down their throats"

Seem to have no problems what so ever, with this being forced under potential penalty of DEATH....

Nono......because they are appologists its "we have no right to judge".........

Right..........

the hypocrisy is so thick you could cut it with a knife...........

P.s. in case you DIDNT know, there are still christians they are being held in imprisonment there since 1990........their only charge? Being Christian .........

As far as im concerned from here on out, all of you that condoned these actions and made excuses, have no argument in any religious thread anymore, youve lost all credibility.........

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Dont pay attention to these planetary games.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
How do you feel about the USA taking action against Iran? There are atrocities and injustices that happen every day, in every country, all around the world. You hear about certain ones for a reason. There has been an influx of "Iranian atrocity" news from the mainstream media. Where do you think TPTB are trying to lead your opinion?

If the USA had interest in taking military action against Zimbabwe in 2012, you'd be reading articles from "credible" news sources that little puppies are tortured in Zimbabwe. That way when the USA takes their military action, they'll have your support because the little puppies are being saved.

The point of this article is NOT the moral implications. We all know that killing someone for their beliefs and faith is an atrocity. The question you should ask yourself is "Why am I reading this NOW when worse thing happen every day, everywhere?"

Significant "news" in the media is often meant to shape your opinion. From many of the posts, I see how well it works.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Significant "news" in the media is often meant to shape your opinion. From many of the posts, I see how well it works.
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

shape my opinion? hmm well a gov imprisoning people because of their faith, and one man possibly being put to death because of it is pretty cut and dry.......

Just what other opinion am i suppose to have on that hmm?

There has been an influx of "Iranian atrocity" news from the mainstream media. Where do you think TPTB are trying to lead your opinion?

Irans policies have never been a secret, and the media had less to do lately then twitter and facebook with things getting out about their attrocities, that and cell phones.......you do remember the riots correct?

Iran has been pretty blatant for a long time about how they operate, these are not new developments........
edit on 29-9-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just another day at the office for Religion...its too bad.

Check this out for a humorous answer to a real question.
culturedsavages.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There is much persecution of Christians around the world but for some reason the news media refuses to report it in the west. I think it's because people think that because most people in the west are Christians there is no persecution.I suggest tat anyone interested google it.
edit on 29-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Wow, there's all this thread over fairy tales? All he had to do was play another game of pretend.

I visited an AA meeting with a "recovering alcoholic" who was forced to go by our government which is supposed to be separate from the church. After the end prayer, which I sat out of, a guy pointed at me and said, "Look at that atheist just sitting over there laughing at us." I wasn't laughing. If religion is being more than a non-event, then it's a sad affair. I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness. Just let it go people. It's really not conducive to a healthy planet.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Another person who doesn't know what the hell their talking about and expecting to make some sense.

AA is not a religious program or organization. it's a spiritual program. I should know I've been going since 2003. It is not aligned or affiliated with any sect, denomination, religion or church nor any political institution. Quite honestly I think you're lying about somebody pointed at you and saying that. As a matter of fact if you were there then you probably have an alcoholic mind and if that's the case then you probably sat there thinking everybody was thinking about you. It's not all about you.

Your "friend" was told to go get help because if he keeps drinking he'll probably kill himself in a car wreck or worse kill somebody else.

All of that has nothing to do with Iran possibly killing one of their people because he is different than the powers that be there want him to be.

edit on 30-9-2011 by MaximosPoena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

If this man is aquitted, it won't be before many hours of every day he's tortured. Through the grace of God I hope he pulls through and is back with his family.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaximosPoena
AA is not a religious program or organization. it's a spiritual program.

no difference.

Originally posted by MaximosPoena I should know I've been going since 2003.

I used to hang out at a halfway house just because that's where the best people are. I know about AA.

Quite honestly I think you're lying about somebody pointed at you and saying that.

Well, if you're going to think people on forums are posting lies, why are you here? How can you believe anything you read?

As a matter of fact if you were there then you probably have an alcoholic mind and if that's the case then you probably sat there thinking everybody was thinking about you. It's not all about you.

I was there because my friend had to go and I was hanging out with him. I didn't realize anyone was thinking about me until that guy pointed at me. I remember him well. He was a large and gentle natured black man. I'm pretty sure he was wearing green. He got a laugh from the crowd. I don't think any of that meant it was all about me.

Your "friend" was told to go get help because if he keeps drinking he'll probably kill himself in a car wreck or worse kill somebody else.

Yea, he needed help. Several us of tried. AA didn't help. He did tell me he thought of me as Jesus though. He even called me Jesus. I'm not sure what his interpretation of Jesus was, but I could get far into his abused mind without getting hit.

All of that has nothing to do with Iran possibly killing one of their people because he is different than the powers that be there want him to be.
Yea, we've already established that the 2 of us think differently.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What would you expect from people who follow the beliefs of a "prophet" who climbed out of a hole in the ground?

Faith is a living and unshakable confidence. a belief in God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake. -- Martin Luther

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, where unto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. -- Timothy 6:12

Faith leads us beyond ourselves. It leads us directly to God. -- Pope John Paul II

I am just an American of faith.
edit on 30-9-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join