It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States of North America (US, Canada, and Mexico to integrate into one country?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is not as far fetched as it sounds. Im sure there have been many posts about this but it seems as if all the pieces are coming together now. I'm sure everyone is familiar with NAFTA, if not here is a link about that so you may educate yourself on it....
www.ustr.gov...

here is another linking to the topic:

www.prisonplanet.com...

I realize this is not a new topic, but with worlds current events, I believe that it is something truly to be monitored and prepared for. Im not saying that it would necessarily be a bad thing, but if there was a coalition of all these countries forming into one, what would set the precedent for laws governing this country? Would we use the current US legal system, laws, and regulations, or would it be a compilation of all countries laws an regulations? How would the political system work ( my money would be on an antichrist type figure, but thats an entirely different thread altogether).

With the current idea of globalization, I would suppose it would be feasible to do this, and was wondering what all the implications, changes, and problems this would entail.

also, I have heard there is a plan to decrease the number of other countries and bringing them down so that the world only has a small number of countries. Please forgive my ignorance, I am researching the matter, and not sure what to search for on this.
I also found this, and I will admit if its a credible source or not.
fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com...

It would stand to reason that this is the why the United States is not doing anything to control the border situation and keep the illegals out, and possibly even more things that would be involved in this.

Here is a link concerning the US-Canada relation
www.truthwinds.com...

I realize there was already a thread about this subject here-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but I wanted to bring this up and back into the limelight because it is certainly something to keep a watch for.
Thank you, and peace be to you all.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yep..It's coming !!! One economy for the Americas !! Amexicana as a nation and the a new name for the currency that will be based on a ratio of all nations international dollar value !!! The Euro of America !!!

Not a bad thing really, well economically speaking !

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
North America will cannibalize itself ... all it takes is an event... its over Johnny, its OVER!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Bad for Canada. We would lose our privacy laws. They are very protective of the people here.
We're doing good economically right now, and we have had medical coverage for decades - what would happen to it?
Our banking systems are totally different, ours is well regulated.
Our judicial system is totally different, we abolished capital punishment in the 90s.
We have kilometers, the US has miles. Why would we have to go backwards?

We have good relations with China and Russia, the US does not. We have traded hockey players often, many Russian hockey players are here, many Cdn players in Russia.

We have allowed gay people in the military for years, without problems. They can also get married up here legally.

Then there's Cuba. Canadians travel there often. US people cannot. Which is really stupid, IMO.

Our elections take 5 weeks to do, from start to finish. Done by trackable accountable paper ballots. The US elections take 2 years, and are not even real elections, done in hackable machines, with no accountability. We don't register as a party affiliation, our votes are considered private. We are all independents until we make our final vote.

Even our food labeling is different. We have French included in everything. Does the US really want to deal with Quebec, a distinct society? Or do they become their own country?

We are a very liberal society up here, the US doesn't seem to like that. The only reason we have a conservative government, is because Harper was an economist before he was a politician. That's why our economy is good.
The US has an ex lawyer running things.

We also are NOT as a rule, very religious up here. We don't wear our politics and religion on our sleeves like in the US.

We're also a commonwealth country, we're closer to the UK in that way.

So many problems with this idea. :shk:
edit on 29-9-2011 by snowspirit because: added

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I'm not in favour of a NAU, as an US citizen either

Actually, I have many relatives living in the Great White, and I would be amongst if it weren't for the weather.

Time for you to call the Queenie!

edit on 29-9-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
While I don't really see Canada joining the U.S. I can definitely see Mexico becoming a territory of the U.S.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This has been being developed for decades; and by it's very nature a BAD thing for everyone concerned. Do you think there will be voting by us to put the leaders in office? Does sovereignty not mean any thing to you? It'll basically be a control grid, to round up and control whoever is left after the war it will have caused. Resist Tyranny...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

I agree, America is supposed to be a sovereign nation, and it seems like is slipping away. I knew this was in the works, but with the failing economic system and political division, I can see how it is all shaping up. The thing that bothers me the most is that most likely we let this happen. I remember this qoute by Abraham Lincoln -"A house divided cannot stand." I doesn't bode well for any of the countries except for mexico perhaps.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This has been the 'rumor' for close to 20 years now....I still remember talking about this as a teenager.

As a Canadian, there are definite advantages to becoming one with the US - we would finally pay less for many items, have access to so much more stuff. etc. However, there are many, many more disadvantages to such a merger. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting down the US in any way) Our two countries have far too many differences in how things are handled and run that it would take years to sort things out. For example, our tax system, employment laws, medical system, social assistance program system, etc. are completely different in Canada. Who would decide how things are merged together? I don't know enough about Mexico to compare either way.

I wouldn't be surprised if one day we were one north american country rather than the current set up. Maybe this would give our nations a clean slate to do things right this time......

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I remember rumours circulating around this a few years ago. I really hope this doesn't happen. I'm Canadian, not American and I want it to stay that way (no offense).

Canada and America are so different, I don't think this would happen. I hope... :\

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yea I think they may be rethinking this now though. After watching the European Union starting to crumble apart economically. The whole union thing isn't working out they way they thought me thinks.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Viva la Mexico..... USA is now part of Mexico
Soon USA will be burrito land.yep a pathetic fascist banana republik of amerika
edit on 29-9-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KayEs

Actually you are American. If you are born in the USA, Canada or Mexico. you are American. America is a continent not a country. The United States of America is a country, Canada is a country. The Americas is ...(you see)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

Viva la Mexico..... USA is now part of Mexico
Soon USA will be burrito land.yep a pathetic fascist banana republik of amerika
edit on 29-9-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

Yea keep telling yourself that as the drug cartels rule your country and behead you guys for even speaking out against them on Facebook. Right we are the fascist ones.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I am not mexican. I am serbian patriot who fled my nation when your beloved USA decided to carry out depleted uranium mass murder in Serbia.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

I am not mexican. I am serbian patriot who fled my nation when your beloved USA decided to carry out depleted uranium mass murder in Serbia.

As opposed to the ritual genocide you guys were carrying out right.
You didn't flee then. Hmmm suspect.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
People can be so possesive of that which does NOT belong to him/her. Borders??? Who made that rule? We live on PLANET EARTH...be ye black, white, brown, yellow, or red. I wonder, do animals have border restrictions, or are they free to move about this planet, freely...WITHOUT restrictions?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

ritual genocide ? well thats a western elite and Rothschild specialty. Check Dutroux affair. check your war dates .All ritual sacrifice to your beloved God Moloch .....

USA is a genocidal nation.The faster The Great Russia puts this mad beast to death the better it is for the poor world which is in constant american threat of invasion and genocide.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
reply to post by KayEs

Actually you are American. If you are born in the USA, Canada or Mexico. you are American. America is a continent not a country. The United States of America is a country, Canada is a country. The Americas is ...(you see)

Taken in that context, Venezuelans are also American. Try telling the US government that Hugo Chavez is an American.

He is a South American, just like Cdns are North Americans. But NOT citizens of America (the US.)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
when Mexican citizens demand help/protection from the US against the drug cartels...it could happen.

remember the 'amero'?
en.wikipedia.org...

"Implementation would involve the three countries giving up their current currency units (U.S. dollar, Canadian dollar, and Mexican peso) and adopting a new one, created specifically for this purpose. (Some versions of the theory, particularly those circulating in Canada, assume only the United States and Canada would be included.) The hypothetical currency for the union is most often referred to as the amero.[1][2] The concept is modeled on the common European Union currency (the euro), and it is argued to be a natural extension of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP)."

edit on 29-9-2011 by works4dhs because: add pic

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join