It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who predicted the market collapse TO THE DAY in 2008 predicts October 24, 2011 as a collapse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Remember this guy anyone? A seemingly random guy shows up on a Google finance message board on July 18, 2008 and predicts the stock market will crash on September 15th, 2008, and id did! Dropped 505 points on September 15th! He researched how an organization called Legatus potentially moves the stock market in big ways to fund the Vatican and the Catholic church.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

finance.google.com...

www.legatus.org...

Legatus is an organization of wealthy and influential Catholic businessmen, and big stock market moves have occurred when they hold influential meetings, most notably their yearly pilgrimage. They will hold another Pilgrimage on October 12th through the 23rd, 2011. Will the market collapse as a result of these men potentially financing the Vatican through massive selling in the US stock market, most notably through the use of put options? Put options, if you don't know, allow an investor to sell a security at a predetermined price. So if you think (or you know) big market players will sell off bigtime, if you buy a put option and lets say a stock or an index goes from 10 dollars to 5 dollars, you can buy the stock at 5 dollars and sell it to the option writer for 10 dollars instantly and make a 100% profit. The people who sold at 5 are the sheep, most notably people with 401Ks, mutual funds, IRAs, and what's left of the public and private pensions.

tickergrail.blogspot.com...

seekingalpha.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

As you can see, put options for the month of October are usually around 10,000. They're now hovering close to 1 million, a 9,900% increase from normal.

The guy who found this correlation between Legatus and large stock market moves goes by Reinhardt. Here is his website. I recommend scrolling to the bottom to see his current charts and events.

www.enterprisecorruption.com...

We shall see!

edit on 29-9-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2011 by Drew99GT because: To make my argument more sound and reasonable.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Drew99GT because: engrish and gramer skills FTW

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to light, it's interesting information. I did always have a feeling something would go down in October, just a strange feeling. There is a general feeling of normalcy in the U.S.A. and here in Canada, among most folks who disregard 'signs' that there will be a major economic downturn. Who knows what it must be like in eastern Europe right now.

Everything is so interconnected these days, that when one country has a serious problem they all indirectly have a problem right away.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Oh you mean scroll down to where you have to pay out the a$$ for a subscription? The only thing that's going to happen in October is me pigging out on candy and having to visit the dentist in shame November.

I can't even count how many people 'predicted' the 2008 disaster. Frankly, you'd have to be an idiot to have not seen it coming.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Oh you mean scroll down to where you have to pay out the a$$ for a subscription? The only thing that's going to happen in October is me pigging out on candy and having to visit the dentist in shame November.

I can't even count how many people 'predicted' the 2008 disaster. Frankly, you'd have to be an idiot to have not seen it coming.

You don't have to pay him to see what he predicted! He reported it initially on a random Google finance message board! (and was subsequently banned).

How many of the people you cite predicted a 500 point collapse 3 months in advance TO THE DAY?

I'm not trying to tout this as some end all be all prediction like many ATS members are notorious for. that's why I ended my post with "we shall see". It's one more piece to the puzzle and to me, it's FASCINATING.

The 9,900% increase in October puts from 10,000 to roughly 1 million is news enough absent the information about Legatus.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiritron9000
Thank you for bringing this to light, it's interesting information. I did always have a feeling something would go down in October, just a strange feeling. There is a general feeling of normalcy in the U.S.A. and here in Canada, among most folks who disregard 'signs' that there will be a major economic downturn. Who knows what it must be like in eastern Europe right now.

Everything is so interconnected these days, that when one country has a serious problem they all indirectly have a problem right away.

Hence, the fight against globalism! Now we no longer need to isolate concern to what's happening in our goverment and economy. We now worry about the entire world's economy. All liabilities have increased exponentially - just the way some want it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thats a lot of people suddenly betting against the market. That along with the insiders slowdown of buying stocks seems pretty fishy.

There is some good info in your links. I think if you add some external text to your OP, this would get the attention it deserves. A lot people won't bother clicking on all of the links.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I'm sure I could cite many with the claim but I'm not buying there book to do so. So what if he got the numbers right, it's a number game anyway. It's not if but when. So is it really a prediction when you guess the inevitable? Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Look, I'm just saying I didn't need anyone to tell me it was bad then, and not, nor ever.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It wouldn't be the first time a major financial event happened on such a date:

Today is the Feast of Trumpets, or Rosh Hashanah. And the German parliament has approved the new massive bail-out fund, the ESFS (European Financial Stability Facility), trying to fool the markets into believing that this the panacea for all current financial ills.

The dates for this Legatus school outing to see the Pope coincide with the Feast of Tabernacles or Succoth.

I don't believe in coincidence any more.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'm sure I could cite many with the claim

Please do.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The same guy has made the same prediction every year for as long as I can remember. And the markets didn't "crash" on Sep 15th 2008 .. in fact, it wasn't even the worst day of the year, nor was it the largest ever single session decline. Just a bad day in bad times..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

You don't have to pay him to see what he predicted! He reported it initially on a random Google finance message board! (and was subsequently banned).

How many of the people you cite predicted a 500 point collapse 3 months in advance TO THE DAY?

I'm not trying to tout this as some end all be all prediction like many ATS members are notorious for. that's why I ended my post with "we shall see". It's one more piece to the puzzle and to me, it's FASCINATING.

The 9,900% increase in October puts from 10,000 to roughly 1 million is news enough absent the information about Legatus.

Cheers

Oh BOY... This is the indicator I was looking for. It means that economic doomsday will occur late October or early November.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The 500 point drop was an effect, not the cause. I'm not going to waste my time looking stuff up. There were lot's of economist that knew the housing and automotive bubbles were going to burst. Better yet, cite me where he said anything about a "500 point collapse 3 months in advance TO THE DAY?," Other than,

19/10/1987 (October 19 1987) Market Crash; market falls more than 500 points; related to stocks

15/03/2008 Start of 2nd worst market crash of 21st century

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The 500 point drop was an effect, not the cause. I'm not going to waste my time looking stuff up. There were lot's of economist that knew the housing and automotive bubbles were going to burst. Better yet, cite me where he said anything about a "500 point collapse 3 months in advance TO THE DAY?," Other than,

19/10/1987 (October 19 1987) Market Crash; market falls more than 500 points; related to stocks

15/03/2008 Start of 2nd worst market crash of 21st century

OK, it's obvious you didn't even read ANY of the information provided.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Source?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I did read, he posted in July 2008 that there would be a crash September 15 2008. Whoopee-do.
He found a correlation with October and Legatus. Whoopee-do. He circled every spike and links the dates to meetings. He's banking on this October to do the same.

So did they pause summits 2009-2010?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Bar none, Reinhardt is the best historian on the planet. And you don't have to pay him anything. I don't (because I can't afford to for now) but I do visit his site regularly. Too bad I don't have capital to play the markets.
If you think he's a fraud, then that's your decision. And your loss.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooBetty
It wouldn't be the first time a major financial event happened on such a date:

Today is the Feast of Trumpets, or Rosh Hashanah.

The dates for this Legatus school outing to see the Pope coincide with the Feast of Tabernacles or Succoth.

So the economy is ruled by Druidic ceremonial days?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why I would not short the market, or buy puts, or sell calls:

With the exception of the premiums collected on the front end, if the market DID collapse, with whom would you cash in your profits?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i posted this info on another thread...

shtf.com is a host to a raft of people/economists/ trends specialiats and the 50-50 accurated guy Celante has a blurb which is titled that October is when the great 'unwinding' begins... but still in the text he backpeddles and says that is just a guestimate...

a lot of posts have already laid down the treacherous path that Legatus & Rhinehart have... both are fanciful constructs based on flimsy & nostradamus 'cloudy' info...

i would trust the contemporary and less sullied guy called Celente

just my 2 ¢ .... thank you

besides the MSM early this week sent out the message that shorting the S&P500 was major octaves or major magnitudes above normal... the OP news was likely copied and then fancified by the two 'credible' sources in the OP...
i say

edit on 29-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm sure I could cite many with the claim but I'm not buying there book to do so. So what if he got the numbers right, it's a number game anyway. It's not if but when. So is it really a prediction when you guess the inevitable? Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Look, I'm just saying I didn't need anyone to tell me it was bad then, and not, nor ever.

Have you any idea what his book is about?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join