It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Child's Body Stolen from Pennsylvania Cemetery. Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The grave of a 12-year-old boy who was hit by a train in 100 years ago has been dug up in a Pennsylvania cemetery. What police in Butler, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh, can't figure out is who did it or why. They also don't know if there were any remains still in the grave a century later.

I do not have much information on the Occult.

What ritual would require a child's dead body?

The boy, Walter Roberts, was killed by a train as he was returning from picking blackberries in the woods on Aug. 3, 1911.

I wondered if the body being 100 years old has a connection?

Local Story

Then there was this last year...

Authorities in central Pennsylvania are trying to find out who stole from a grave the body of a 9-year-old girl who died almost half a century ago. Lancaster police are investigating the disappearance of the body of Paula Ream, who died in August 1962 and was buried in Riverview Cemetery.

This little girl died almost 50 years ago.

Family members say they were shocked when a police supervisor and a chaplain told them Friday evening that someone had dug up the grave sometime between 4 p.m. Thursday and about 1 p.m. Friday and made off with Paula’s child-sized casket and her remains.

I am curious what is the significance of a child's body?

I have never heard of this.

The Caretaker mentioned finding finding animal bones including puppy heads.

I am really curious why....

One More

Can anyone explain this bizarre behavior?

edit on 29-9-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm speaking specifically of people who practice the occult; I don't think there's such a thing as an "occult expert". I think there are people who think they're occult experts and really have zero idea of what they're doing or what they're dealing with.

What you can't see is infinitely smarter and infinitely more cunning than any Anton LaVey clone with their Harry Potter magic books.

Public Service Message: DON'T BE AN IDIOT !!

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This quite disturbing indeed. I am not sure about the significance of using childs remains in occult rituals, but there are some other incidents as well...

www.babble.com...
and here
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Im sure there are more than this, I just don't have the time right now to look them up. This is something very dark and disturbing, and I hope that whoever is responsible will be caught and dealt with accordingly.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Well to me this looks like it is probably some teenagers. Probably trying to follow some form of teeny bopper "black magic"

Children are a symbol of innocence, therefore to defile innocence would demonstrate power. That is why (IMO) child sacrifice is a more powerful form of ritual (albeit a misguided and evil one). But these children already being dead makes me lean towards the grave robbers attempting necromancy or black alchemy. Or they could be a psycho perv.

I dont like the "occult" word to be thrown around, due to the fact that most "magic" that is taught now days does not even fit into the category, it is packaged and sold as a product full half truths and out right lies. This is especially true of the "black magic" genres. The "Great Art" is neither black or white, it is gray as is knowledge in general.

I hope these people are caught and punished defiling a grave (especially a childs) is very disturbing.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am glad they were dead kids as some of the people involved in these things sacrifice newborns. My youngest two sisters were involved in a witchcraft group and ended up in a satanic group when they were in the late teens and early 20's. It seems it involved a lot of killing animals and making potions and stuff cursing enemies. I only have the information that they shared uneasily many years later. But I am guessing from what was NOT said there was some bad stuff.
The one sister got out, but her young son age 7 was hospitalized seemed like a possessed person like 2 people in one until he killed himself at 21. He once mentioned burying babies.
The other sister got out when she "saw" the Devil. She swears it was real and she was forever terrified. And forever changed.
I have not seen her for many years. With all the ugliness they didn't gain wealth, or riches, fame or happiness if that's what these people are after. They only had miserable lives full of sadness and fear.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sounds a little like the practices of ancient civilizations where they would take old bones of animals an old bones of humans and dance around them to perform some type of ritual. Maybe this will help books.google.com... E4PPA07HjyQv9BOs&hl=en&ei=zaGETq_CNafiiAK56v2iDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

I think the word for this may be skullduggery

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
How terrible!
I haven't had the opportunity to read through the articles and watch the videos, but I find it strange that the children who were dug up had both died in August. Coincidence? This might be a ritual requiring that the deceased had been dead for such and such time. Almost like a morbid anniversary of some kind in order for the ritual or black magic to be powerful enough for whatever it is they're attempting to conjure.

I just wanted to comment on this observation, but I'll be back to mention if I notice any further.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
People playing in the shadows is what it sounds like. Your typical ritual majick doesn't involve the remains of dead children. The only thing that comes close to this is necromancy, and even that doesn't involve physical remains. The opening of doors and lifting of veils involves conjuring up the spirits on the other side, and you don't do that with the remains of said deceased. There is NO conection between the physical self and the spiritual self on that plane of existence. Only in this plane do you see that.

Sounds like kids who are taking what they see in the movies, thinking it's reality, and going with it. Sounds also like they are desensitized by all the violence they see around them every day. whether it be in real life, movies, or video games. That desensitation allows them to do things like this that "normal" people are repulsed by. Chances are that the culprits don't think that they did anything overtly wrong anyway, so it's no big deal to them.

It's a shame.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

If this is just some teenagers playing around with a child corpse.

I find that very sad.

It is also deeply disturbing on so many levels.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Considering the 12 year old boy, there is some numerology I'd like to point out:
The dimensions of the hole that was dug to remove his casket:

It was two feet by five feet and four feet deep.

2+5+4=11
The boy died in 1911.
He died on August 3, which is 8/3
8+3=11

I know many people don't believe in numbers and think that it means nothing, but if there is some kind of satanic occult going on, they might be performing some kind of ritual where they believe in their minds that all of this is going to do something for them.
November 11th is approaching. Maybe they're wanting the skull for some kind of ritual fest where they'd drink out of it. The Skull & Boners, er, I mean, Bonesmen are known for doing this. If I'm remembering correctly, they were using Geronimo's skull for ritualistic drinks until they were forced to return it.
Here's an article about this:
articles.cnn.com...:US

"There's a Skull and Bones document that describes how Prescott Bush and other Bonesmen robbed the grave of Geronimo, and I spoke with several Bonesmen who told me that inside the tomb there's a glass display case containing [human remains] and the Bonesmen have always called it Geronimo," said Robbins, author of "Secrets of the Tomb," a book that delves into secretive societies at Yale, with special attention to Skull and Bones and its paths to power.

The robbing of Geronimo's remains fits into what Robbins calls "crooking" -- a competition among Bonesmen to steal valuable things, which were then hidden in the tomb, which has extremely limited access.

Another thing I noticed is that Yale (where the Skull & Bones society is) is in Connecticut where the 2 year old girl's remains were stolen (2nd video). They were then taken to the River of Death in Clifton, NJ.
This tells me that these are not kids doing this. It takes a lot of guts and nerves of steel to drive "70 miles" with a child's bones in your vehicle. This was well planned out.

The third video from Lancaster, PA is about a 9 year old girl who had died in 1962. There wasn't much info except that the police believe that her remains may have been dug up the day prior to or the morning of Friday the 13th. Just the fact that this crime was committed around Friday the 13th gives it a satanic/ritualistic feel to it.

It's difficult to say if these are related. Especially since all three crimes were not done in PA. I did find it interesting that the remains from the PA graves have not been discovered yet, while the Stamford, CT remains have been found in another state. It was also interesting that these remains were found in a plastic bag. What happened to the coffin? In the PA crimes, both coffins were taken.

Well, even if you don't believe in numerology or that bones are used in rituals is neither here not there. If someone gets it into their head that this combination is going to help them do something or harm their enemies, no amount of occult history will make them believe otherwise. Think of the person with OCD. Touching a door knob five times before turning it isn't going to keep them from getting sick or harmed, yet they do it anyways. It's what they have come to believe and it is repeated as a ritual every time with the same number of touches whenever they go to open a door.

Please keep us informed if you hear any more news about these crimes.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The strange thing is that I live in Butler and can see the cemetary from my kitchen window, nothing has been mentioned about it here. Nothing. Butler is a small town and something like this would be talked about, but, nothing.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
well lets see what I can remember...
the Navajo skin walkers would dig up dead bodies and grind their bones to make gray corpse powder, supposed to give them great power but i don't think there any Navajos up there...

the Voodoo people make zombies from... but I think they need a freshly dead...

I think it's more likely your dealing with grave robbers... it's lots more common that you think
edit on 29-9-2011 by GrandpaDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

I'm leaning towards the grinding of bones/using the skull thing.

I always thought that traditional grave robbers were looking for jewelery or other valuables. A child's grave would not likely have these types of items. Unless the robbers are looking for a rare teddy bear to take to the Antiques Roadshow for auction.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This was a fascinating read:

Human Thighbone Kangling

Indian Origins
In actuality, the kangling is part of an ensemble of sacred instruments that emerged from the tantric crucible of India some fifteen hundred years ago. There, both Shaviite and Buddhist yogins and yoginis lived as wandering ascetics, staying close to charnel grounds, wearing bone ornaments, and using a unique group of ritual implements, including the human skullcup. These same objects, worn by the deities described in tantric liturgies, also appeared in the great monasteries of the time, used for both their profound symbolic meaning, and as objects possessing inherent spiritual power.

Sources of the Kangling
Various texts and oral traditions describe the best source of kangling, which is the vehicle of our offerings. Accordingly, the most perfect specimen would be from a Brahmin child, male or female, free from worldly stains or faults. At the other end of the spectrum, it should not be from someone who died of tuberculosis, plague or other contagion, or some accident or misfortune. The right leg of someone who died in their youth, with clear mind, is considered a Daka kangling—possessing enlightened male energy. The left leg from a similar individual (male or female) is a Dakini kangling, possessing enlightened feminine energy. Other traditions say that a female bone should be from the left side, and a male bone from the right leg.

www.damaruworks.com...

I'm not saying that this is what the remains are being used for, but the above demonstrates that cultures do use children's bones for certain purposes and energies. You just never know what someone may believe this can do for them.

Edit to Add: Considering the fact that the boy died from an accident (hit by a train) makes sense when you read the above paragraphs. Purity, clear of mind, and innocense equals great and powerful spiritual energy, if you're into these types of rituals. I'd be interested to hear how the other children died.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

what's the going price for a 100 years old teddy bear on eBay?
or 100 year old children's clothes?

I'm just saying people have been killed for less

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

RIght you are! This teddy is about 100 years old and valued anywhere from $4000 to $7000!!!
www.collectorsweekly.com...

(Well, reading further down, someone says that it's only worth a couple hundred. But, still!)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I was looking into this a little more, and it appears that Paula Reams had cerebral palsey. I don't know if there is any significance to that or not.

lancasteronline.com...

from my understanding, cerebral palsy causes physical deformation. I really don't know if it would be a viable reason for this, but if it turns out that it was a case of them just wanting something as "cool" part of a collection, it would be a very mentally disturbed individual, or something much. much darker.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Good find! The robbers may be interested in unique skull/bone formations. This is what makes the Mutter Museum so popular.

On the other hand, she'd still be considered "pure" since she didn't die from a communicable disease.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I actually live in Lancaster, Pa. and found this particularly interesting. I can tell you that there is a history here regarding grave robbing and other sort of cemetery desecration.

Peculiar events have happened at other city cemeteries in the weeks leading up to and since a grave robbery in Lancaster. Someone tried to break into a sarcophagus at Lancaster Cemetery last weekend. The limestone, coffin-like grave covering, which held no remains or other items, was smashed and pieces were dragged into the nearby grass at the cemetery at Lemon and Lime streets.

Several months ago, Lancaster Cemetery groundskeepers found two severed chicken heads lying inside the historic burial ground, the final resting place for Major Gen. John F. Reynolds, a Union Army leader who died at the Battle at Gettysburg.

At Woodward Hill Cemetery, off South Queen Street, someone disabled the cemetery's motion detector lights earlier this month and tried to break into a small building near the grave of President James Buchanan.

In July at Woodward, someone smashed gravestones with crosses and other sacred symbols on them.

Regarding any sort of ritualistic reasons...

The robbery happened six months after a contractor found two chicken crates and a circle of candles in a small clearing, all in the woods across South Duke Street from Riverview, near the Conestoga Greenway Trail.

That activity could be evidence of ritualistic activity of practitioners of spiritualist religions, such as Palo Mayombe, an African-Cuban religion, an expert said.

The religion began when African slaves brought their traditions to Caribbean nations, disguising them behind Catholic-like practices.

Palo practitioners have been linked to, and prosecuted for, grave robberies in other states, said Dawn Perlmutter, a Bucks County resident, former college professor, author of "Investigating Religious Terrorism and Ritualistic Crime" and consultant to law enforcement on such cases.

Practitioners believe human bones hold special powers and collect them to bid them to carry out their wishes, Perlmutter said.

They also use sticks in their rituals. Palo means "wooden stick" or "branch" in Spanish.

Practitioners of spiritual or magical religions, including Santeria and Voodoo, purchase items for their practices at small stores called botanicas.

At least one botanica in Lancaster sells bundles of sticks and individual sticks labeled for Palo use, visible to two reporters who visited the shop Wednesday. Also for sale in the tiny shop were seashells, candles, a small preserved alligator head, a tiny wooden crutch, a floor wash advertised as promoting love and statues of the different magical faiths' "saints."

Source

top topics

<<   2 >>

join