It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D-Day is here - 70 unions protest against the Hungarian goverment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Over 70 labor unions will protest against the Hungarian goverment this Saturday including teachers, doctors, policeman, fireman, military personel, bus, train and truck drivers, workers from mining and energy producing sectors, workers of tv and radio stations, workers from food industry, chemical workers, engineers, post workers and tourism related unions.

First time in our history a party ( Fidesz ) won 2/3rd of the votes. Its a very important majorty because here you need 2/3rd of the votes to change existing or pass new laws. After 1 year of Fidesz's rule our country is collapsing. Fidesz's biggest promise was to decrease taxes but they created a new system where poor have to pay more and rich have to pay less.

They voted the highest sales tax in europe on all food and important items. They create new laws within 2-3 days. One day they hold a press conference next day the party votes the law in the parlaiment. They refuse any kind of dialogue with the people. Literally no one knows what next day brings.

The goverment was criticized by international organizations because they changed our constitution so it will be easier for them to win the next elections. They also try to bann all media who speak against them.
They borrowed (stole) all hungarians pension money to fix the budget gap.

Last week a Wikileaks article showed that our prime minister told american businessmen and embassy officials that he lies during the elections and they dont need to worry when he says down with banks and bankers.

The main protest will be on Saturday but the event has just started in the hungarian capitol. On D(emocracy)-day we start protest at the Clark Adam Square.

The protest was banned by the goverment but court finally allowed.

Around 15:00 o'clock 1000 people showed up

The protest is fully organized by civil organizations and all political parties were told to stay away. Spokesman Peter Konya

Our prime Minister Viktor Orbán is showed as MAthias Rakosi who was the most unpopular Hungarian communist leader who used to be called the best Hungarian pupil of Stalin.

Leaders of the biggest hungarian minorty party MSZP came as civilians.

My english is not the best but i think its important and i will update this thread in the following hours / days.

I was running from work to get here but to tell the truth im a bit disappointed. I expected more people. And young people. I cant believe that almost no one from my age (25-30).

Picture

But today is a work day and it was told that Saturday will be the main event. I hope for the best.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here's wishing you and and our fellow human brothers and sisters in Hungary good luck. Freedom can only be won, and cannot be bestowed upon by others. May you all stand in solidarity as your forefathers did against the russians, and demand for the impeachments of your leaders, or it will be enslavement yet again

Thanks for the update. Cheers!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by belsoember
Fidesz's biggest promise was to decrease taxes but they created a new system where poor have to pay more and rich have to pay less.

They voted the highest sales tax in europe on all food and important items. They create new laws within 2-3 days. One day they hold a press conference next day the party votes the law in the parlaiment. They refuse any kind of dialogue with the people. Literally no one knows what next day brings.

AMERICAN PEOPLE WAKE UP. THIS IS COMING HERE TO US, AND YOU REPUBLICANS ARE HELPING MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Does this party Fidesz sound exactly like Republican party ideology? Here is a real world example of what will happen. Corporate facism is here WHY ARE YOU REPUBLICANS HELPING THEM????

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by belsoember

I was running from work to get here but to tell the truth im a bit disappointed. I expected more people. And young people. I cant believe that almost no one from my age (25-30).

Because this was the plan all along. They knew what they wanted to do, and for the past 35 years have been brainwashing the kids into pro-military, anti-tax, anti-social program Nazis. And now it is starting to pay dividends.

Line up slaves.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

AMERICAN PEOPLE WAKE UP. THIS IS COMING HERE TO US, AND YOU REPUBLICANS ARE HELPING MAKE IT HAPPEN.

What?

In 2008 that's EXACTLY what happened with the Democratic Party .. took control of the House and the Senate as well as the Presidency. What did they do? Shove as much as they could down our throats, like the god awful fascist monstrosity Obamacare.

Anyways, good like Hungarians, it looks like you'll need it. Kind of weird a protest organized by so many unions and so few showed up?

edit on 30-9-2011 by alien because: ...needless personal commentary removed...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Saturday will be the big one. I expecting tens of thousands there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In every totalitarian regime, UNIONS are a JOKE. It is often state controlled, and filled with the political party's bootlickers whom will toe the party line or else... And no sane human will willingly forgo a fat pay check or get ostracised by the POWERFUL. Only facts of life.

However, there will come a point and time when the TRUE human spirit will eventually triumph, as it had done for centuries. No human will want to be a slave, or sleep peacefully knowing he had withheld freedom to another. Not many, but a few is all that is required for change to happen. Martin Luther was one, Mandela Nelson another. Many more that had illuminated our civilisation, alleviated sufferings and elevated mankind's evolution.

Today, that task had fallen upon Hungary citizens, regardless if it is the union leader or just a nobody like me. No human enjoys enslavement. And at the same time, NO human wants war, bloodshed and confrontations. Human lives are precious, for every human means someone special to another, even if the frontline troops such as us are willing to sacrifice ourselves for the greater good.

The only way evil can succeed in this world is for good men to stand aside and be blind, so said a famous literary figure.

Thus, in order to gain freedom peacefully, one must seek ancient knowledge on how it can be done.

Sun Tzi, a much revered Chinese ancient wise man had written a treatise on the art of war, and is relevant to our world today and even into the future, for he was an austere observer of human traits, which do not change even for centuries. 'Know yourself, know your enemies, a thousand battles fought, a thousand won'. is a relevant wisdom that can be applied for attaining freedom peacefully.

Know your limitations and strengths, know your enemies strengths and weakness, and you will win - is an adaption of this theory. Your belong to a sovereign people, a society, and has more members and strength in numbers than any political party.

Your weaknesss are gov PROPAGANDA ( lies) , APATHY and FEAR. Thus, in order to overcome them, you and others like you MUST REACH OUT to each your families and social circle, to discuss, debate and come out with solutions to dispel lies, apathy and fear, for truth, if not for oneself, but for future innocent generations, on their own free will, to make a stand to end tyranny and enslavement.

Your enemies are the bastard leaders that cared not a fig for the sovereign people. Their strength lies in the military, police, secret home security agents - authorities. BUT THEIR WEAKNESS lays in money.

Without money, they can never afford to pay their minions and bootlickers. Not many will sacrifice for their bosses, if they cant pay, espacially for doing socially and morally repugnacious projects. Your bastard leaders DO NOT have that kind of money to pay out to everyone, nor the bullets to kill all dissidents, or feed every citizen held in jails.

The solution is to DOWN TOOLS. Refuse to work. Wreck the economy. The sovereign people had been treated as slaves anyway, and is only an ECONOMIC resource. Stop being an economic resource and they will have to sit up and listen seriously. Should the economy be wrecked, they will have no funds to fuel their power. The military, police and security appartus will desert them. They too, are only humans, have families to feed and needs to be served.. Loans from other foreign powers can only keep them for a while but not forever.

Thus, for Hungary, or any nation that their leaders are showing the middle finger to the sovereign people, DOWN YOUR TOOLS, and they will crumble. DO NOT down the tools on weekends, for it will only be a joke. DOWN TOOLS for months if need be and let the economy crumble. Share whatever you have with each other, and MUST NOT be selfish. BUT NOT share with the bastard leaders and their bootlickers. LET THEM STARVE. Human capital and resources can be regain or restarted again, but freedom if once lost, is forever.

Should the bastard leaders attempt to use violence upon unarmed innocents, always remember civilisation's rule - It is a crime to hurt or harm another human being, for every human life is precious. But if a human life is harmed by another, it is no crime to destroy the murderer, for the murderer had remorselessly forsaken civilised rules, and had reverted to being an animal, just as it is no crime to kill a chicken meant for us for food to sustain ourselves, or to kill a marauding tiger that had maul and killed innocent lives.

Good luck!
edit on 29-9-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by aching_knuckles

What? Are you dense?

In 2008 that's EXACTLY what happened with the Democratic Party .. took control of the House and the Senate as well as the Presidency. What did they do? Shove as much as they could down our throats, like the god awful fascist monstrosity Obamacare.

Anyways, good like Hungarians, it looks like you'll need it. Kind of weird a protest organized by so many unions and so few showed up?

I see. So can you explain how the democrats gave the ultra wealthy the tax cuts during bush's term? Can you explain why the republicans were blocking unemployment legislation last year until obama extended the bush era tax cuts for the wealthiest americans?

Stop with the blatant lies and revisionist history.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ecellent thread mate
all the best wishes for you and the Hungarian peoples. "Like leaves, so too will the fascists hang from trees"

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Demonstration started. Yesterday goverment threatened workers to loose their job if they participate. Morale is good, demonstration is peaceful. But again very very few young people here. Im a bit jealous of your Wall Street protesters. We need more conscious people here. Anyway, Good Luck with the WS movement!

I go back to the street. More pictures and text later.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hello

In my humble opinion it is not of importance that this is 'unions', it is the people!

People are not turning a blind eye to these types of injustices any longer. We see them done in plain daylight. The culprits are not even trying to be secretive.

We will continue to stand!

Power to Hungry!
Peace to Us ALL

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well, im back. Not so happy.

Im not good in guessing but i think around 15 000 came and raised their voice. Which isn't much. I expected at least 100 000. I dont understand what other people waiting for. 2 days ago gov intrudeced the new budget. Their promise to create jobs looks this:

If you dont have a job you will be forced to work on contruction sites and building dams or 2 hand work in agroculture, 8 hour a day for half of the minimal wage.

And people do nothing. I spent the night on the street where we held a sitting demonstration. Nothing bad happened, everything peacefull we were just protesting, talking to each other. And when i came home in the morning i almost cried.

A multinational company - Spar - holds a foot race in Budapest today. Participants in prevoius races were 13000-15000. Day is sunny and from what i saw there will be 15 000 runners today aswell. FACK. Hungary is the next slave country like China and everyone #s on our future. But running in the middle of the city, inhaling smoke and promoting coca cola and nike. Thats it. Thats what makes us to go forward.

They announced the next demonstration which will be on the 23rd of October. I will be there. And i try not to loose my faith until.
edit on 2-10-2011 by belsoember because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by belsoember

Welcome back and thanks for the update.

Do not be frustrated over the seemingly low turnout. Those who turnout had already made a remarkable progress by itself, for there is still very much fear in the repressions authored by the State, unlike other true democratic nations that had real freedom and is institutionalised.

That these few brave souls had made a stand to show their leaders errors had already made those complacent despots sit up with fear. And with such fear, they will only make more mistakes and suffer more hatred by the massess for the wrongdoings, enough to grow the protests humongously later.

Demostrations and protests are seldom spontaneous. The spontaneous ones are rare. Even the awesome Egyptian protests took time, over several weeks. They too had a low turnout initially, but gradually, as more were made aware of it, the demostration crowd grew and shook their leaders to the core, and into prisons.

Thus, it only needs more awareness, and that can only happen when you and I reach out to others beginning with our families and social network that makes up our society, to discuss and debate, to calm fears, if not for their own sake, it will be for their own next generations. No one is born out of a stone or readily be blind to watch their loved ones economically enchained and voices silenced.

Even if the powers shut down communications, they still cannot and can never shut down the best and ultimate form of communication - our far reaching voices through social connections. The 17th century French revolution had no internet. The founding fathers of USA had no twitters. It's the will one one that matters most to affect rightful change. And where there's a will, there are ways.

Good luck! :-)

edit on 2-10-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A cousin of mine in Vas County had sent me an email about this, he said the Fidesz government is absolutely horrible and is ruling with an iron fist. But unfortunately most people do not recognize it because even as polls show, Fidesz is still at almost 60% support in Hungary. My family there absolutely hates MSZP and now they hate Fidesz. They have called MSZP a den of crooks, liars, and communist internationalists but also call Fidesz the party of globalists, big business egomaniacs, and traitors to the Republic.

I know they all vote for Jobbik, a party they have told me a lot about and which I have researched. Apparently according to polling it is now the second largest party ahead of MSZP, I just wonder if Jobbik is participating in these union protests as well. Hungary definitely needs a serious change, two Prime Ministers in a row who are admitted liars to the public. This is the reason why Hungary had the large 2006 protests which occurred after Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany gave a speech where he admitted the party lied to win the election, now we are having a repeat in 2011 with the other party in Hungary.

Neither MSZP or Fidesz can be trusted, vote for someone else Jobbik, LMP, MDF, etc… just do not vote for the two parasite parties.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In reality, what happens in Hungary stays in Hungary. I think what belsoember tried to describe with the Rakosi image is a parallel between the two political persons. In Hungary there are different types of winds are about to be forming to those we could experience during the communist monopol party system. This involves anti nationalism and racism. I think these grounds are more dangerous even those of the communist ideology itself. This is a type of a new radical right.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

What your cousin says about Fidesz and Mszp is right. However the tape which came to light about Gyurcsany's lie ( previous mszp prime minister ) was took out of context. Im not defending Mszp because they have a big responsibility that our country is on the edge right now but in the previous 8 years Fidesz done everything to slow down development and vetoed every important law changes.

You mentioned 3 other parties. Jobbik, LMP, and MDF.

MDF doesnt exist anymore they arent in the parlaiment.

LMP ( their name means ~ "Politics Can Be Different" ) is a new party. They got into the parlaiment with 5% of the votes which is the absolute minimum. It was a big surprise but people thought a new party can bring some new blood into the system. But since the elections they havent done anything. Big Zero. I dont see why would anyone vote on them next time.

Jobbik. Jobbik is basicly a Nazi party. Their political ideology is to get rid of gipsies and take back lands which Hungary lost after the First World War. ( During the peace negotiations Hungary lost more then 60% of her original territories and 50% of her inhabitants. As far as i know there isnt any other country in the history who was punished such a way. )

But people are very desperate here. A big percentage of the gipsies does nothing and living from social aid and small crimes ( steals ) The population of hungary is 10 million and about 10% are the gipsies. As you see its not hard to tell people that thir life is bad because we have to feed 1 million people who dont even try to adapt the european lifestyle but they take our money and pull us down. Im not a Jobbik voter and i will never be. But i understand your cousin. My grandparents live in the country too and i know how life goes there.

The gipsy question is really hard. We spent tons of money on educating them but only a small fragment was used in the proper way. Gipsies own representatives ( including their white helpers ) embezzled this money.

The truth is we dont have a party to vote. Beating Fidesz would be a piece of cake at this point. A few man with balls could easily do that. But i think parties, politicians really enjoy sucking out our blood and money. They have very big salaries, full cost reimbursement and immunity from laws. No motivation to change anything

And this is the worst thing. When Fidesz steps down the country will be inruins in the middle of the next great financial depression and controlled by an ultra extremist nazi party or a bunch of old farts.

This country was found in the year 1000. We survived tatarian invasions, marauding crusader armies, hundreds of years fighting and occupation of Turkish-islamic armies then hundreds of years fighting and occupation of Habsburg-austrian armies, 2 world wars on the bad side and 45 years of soviet occupation and now because of some wannabe politicians who acts like local bad boys with "no-one-can-say-no-to-me" attitude our 1000 years old history will land in the trash. They changed and formed our constitution on their political likenes. The most important paper in a nations life is now a worthless piece of paper which is only good for one thing.

Fortunatelly there is a site that teaches me how to do it properly.

howtowipeyourbutt.com...

new topics

top topics

join