It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Massive Union just voted to join the Occupy Wall Street protests!

page: 7
130
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenauddeMontauban
reply to post by Fitch303
 


Anything to back that up?


I can. for a couple years the company I worked for would threaten to move the plant to Mexico if union wages kept increasing. But this is really not the same thing so no need to reply. Just say'n




posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by SanguineDenial
 


Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as on of those Union lineman, i can tell you one thing in the last year i have left my home to travel to Missouri twice, Alabama, Mississippi, and Illinois. All in an effort to restore power that was time i spent away from my family i worked through holidays, family get together's, and many other events in my life. But my union has never helped this country out one lick, let me tell ya
. It's very easy to bash a union, I will admit that before i joined my union i was every bit as guilty of doing it myself. I am now Union for life and would have it no other way.






So on one side you are telling us that your union did nothing to help the country and you were a basher, then you turn around and tell us your "union all the way"?

1. Your message is totally skewed from your intent.
2. Your being very disingenuous. (I"m being polite)

You cant have it both ways.

I am very glad we are in the south and dont have the BS of pissed of mobsters in the unions trying to strong arm tax payers to give raises to trash pickup and then letting it sit for a month " to make a point".

While we're at it, how about the places where union comes in and people are given ultimatums to join or leave?

School unions. Teachers that are completely useless but cant be fired because of unions?

yeah. unions are good....comrade.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius
 



Do you have an actual argument to go with your opinion? I would love to engage you in articulated debate with facts and stuff. I do not consider linking extremist media sites to be palpable in an intellectual conversation. Perhaps if you could articulate your own thought rather than regurgitating what you read somewhere else?

You mentioned the USSR. You neglected to mention the USA which is a Union of States, or at least it used to be. Semantics is funny to play with isn't it?

In the early days the Bill of Rights / Constitution was good and necessary.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hmmm...tell me something everyone who thinks this is a great big wonderful thing....what are these people protesting about anyway?

Honestly, what is it they are wanting to do? What results are they trying to achieve, and are there any long term goals that they are trying to reach?

Forgive the ignorance on my part, and to all those who are going to call me names and think I'm a sellout or something, please keep your responses civil, thank you.

Just tell me what the whole point of these protests are about , thank you.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Unions have destroyed just as much of our industrial base as wall street has.



How old are you????

Unions Gave YOU the Weekend!!!!!! Without the Unions fighting for Workers rights in the beginning, You would be working for the big controlling corporations for TWO bucks an hour, STILL!!!!

WE stood up a long time ago and said, "Pay Us Fair Wages." You are raking in the "Big Cash" and giving us next to NOTHING!!!


If we would not have stood up for our rights 100+ years ago,,, YOU would have been a SLAVE to system long before now.


It is when people stopped standing up for their RIGHTS that got us in this SH*T STORM in the first place!!!


STAND UP FOR RIGHTS!!!! Why should "Big Corps" rake in BILLIONS when you make SH*T!!!!!


Luckily I won't live long enough to see the Barcodes on the foreheads of the Sheeple that serve the ELITE in the future!!! (I HOPE!!!)


Grow a F*cking Backbone!!!

Stand up for what you Deserve!!! Or stand in line for the Barcode to be stamped on your forehead!!!


Sadly, I feel you and your future family will be SLAVES!!!



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twisted1
Unions Gave YOU the Weekend!!!!!! Without the Unions fighting for Workers rights in the beginning, You would be working for the big controlling corporations for TWO bucks an hour, STILL!!!!

WE stood up a long time ago and said, "Pay Us Fair Wages." You are raking in the "Big Cash" and giving us next to NOTHING!!!

If we would not have stood up for our rights 100+ years ago,,, YOU would have been a SLAVE to system long before now.

It is when people stopped standing up for their RIGHTS that got us in this SH*T STORM in the first place!!!

STAND UP FOR RIGHTS!!!! Why should "Big Corps" rake in BILLIONS when you make SH*T!!!!!

Luckily I won't live long enough to see the Barcodes on the foreheads of the Sheeple that serve the ELITE in the future!!! (I HOPE!!!)

Grow a F*cking Backbone!!!

Stand up for what you Deserve!!! Or stand in line for the Barcode to be stamped on your forehead!!!

Sadly, I feel you and your future family will be SLAVES!!!

Let me translate.

"All hail Obama. All hail Obama!"

"Give me my entitlements!"



edit on 9/29/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SanguineDenial
reply to post by felonius
 



Do you have an actual argument to go with your opinion? I would love to engage you in articulated debate with facts and stuff. I do not consider linking extremist media sites to be palpable in an intellectual conversation. Perhaps if you could articulate your own thought rather than regurgitating what you read somewhere else?

You mentioned the USSR. You neglected to mention the USA which is a Union of States, or at least it used to be. Semantics is funny to play with isn't it?

In the early days the Bill of Rights / Constitution was good and necessary.


The link to the "extremest" site (now i can see the "real you"), was evidence of the people that are backing this crap.

Socialists and Anarchists.

If you sleep with dogs you get fleas.

Yeah. We are a United States....not a union. We are "on paper" a group of states that support each other and have the Federals as a mediator.

Yall talk a good game of "constitution" and such but when the people you are helping are against everything it stands for?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Make sure of who your allies are.....unless you are for the socialists.

Remember what Comrade Stalin said about "useful idiots".



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius
 


Sarcasm my friend sarcasm....


And yes before i joined the union i was very much a non supporter, i spoke vocally about the "evils" of unions such as it were. Then i joined my local and saw how much better i am treated then some people i know who work non-union in the same field.

So yes i can have it both ways, i believed one way now i believe another.

As far as unions coming in and forcing employees to join or leave, i cannot speculate i live in a right to work state, you have the option to work union or not. though i will say for a company to go union it is normally a worker lead campaign, so there most of been support for it by the working man.

just my .02

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius
 


Still waiting on an articulated thought from you.

You can continue with the Ad Hominem attacks though, I find the irony to be quite delightful.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
'Occupy Wall Street' will be used as a tool for class warfare by the Obama Administration and Democrats. Protester's main job is to bring in enough voters, so that Obama can win in the 2012 election.

Sheep just like the 'Tea Party' after the Conservative take over. Absolute sheep.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well see if tomorrow they keep their word
hope everyone join the protest in the street
200 000 union workers will certainly have an effect

Lets show the governement who control who
If we elect people we can also fire people with such pression



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Well see if tomorrow they keep their word
hope everyone join the protest in the street
200 000 union workers will certainly have an effect

Lets show the government who control who
If we elect people we can also fire people with such pression

You do realize that Unions are government sponsors?

Democrat party supporters specifically.

edit on 9/29/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
Communist isnt a dirty word anymore.


Yeah.

Right.

looks like I'm going to draw my last breath fighting them, same as I drew my first one. They're like zombies, man. They just won't stay dead.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SanguineDenial

Originally posted by CerBeRus666

As for the "Unions", or organized crime...
...everything they touch, they destroy...and "Guess who gets to pay the price?"

Pathetic!!!


The watts powering your machine were created in a powerhouse built by Union Craftsmen. The power was carried to you on lines built by Union Linemen. When a storm knocks down those lines at 3am it is Union Linemen that leave their families and risk their lives so that you can charge your cellphone while you sleep. The data network you use to share your opinion goes through data centers build by Union Wiremen. When you bought your computer, it was brought to you on Union freight along with your food and your panties. When hurricanes destroy our Oil refineries, it is Union Craftsmen that travel across the nation to rebuild them while living in tent cities. Sorry that we have done so much to "destroy" your comfort zone.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and you have built your own self sufficient power generating plant on your property. After which you built your own computer from parts at radio shack and somehow miracled your post onto ATS servers.



Gotta love a guy/girl who knows what he/she is talking about!!!! IBEW



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twisted1

Originally posted by Fitch303
Unions have destroyed just as much of our industrial base as wall street has.



How old are you????

Unions Gave YOU the Weekend!!!!!! Without the Unions fighting for Workers rights in the beginning, You would be working for the big controlling corporations for TWO bucks an hour, STILL!!!!

WE stood up a long time ago and said, "Pay Us Fair Wages." You are raking in the "Big Cash" and giving us next to NOTHING!!!


If we would not have stood up for our rights 100+ years ago,,, YOU would have been a SLAVE to system long before now.


It is when people stopped standing up for their RIGHTS that got us in this SH*T STORM in the first place!!!


STAND UP FOR RIGHTS!!!! Why should "Big Corps" rake in BILLIONS when you make SH*T!!!!!


Luckily I won't live long enough to see the Barcodes on the foreheads of the Sheeple that serve the ELITE in the future!!! (I HOPE!!!)


Grow a F*cking Backbone!!!

Stand up for what you Deserve!!! Or stand in line for the Barcode to be stamped on your forehead!!!


Sadly, I feel you and your future family will be SLAVES!!!


....and Hitler gave us the Autobahn.

Doesnt make him a good guy does it?



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

liberal, conservative, moderate? it does not matter at all. It's a moot point. This is for anyone and everyone who sees what is going on, who has lost their home, who cannot pay their student loans, those students who cant get jobs, the rest of the populace that cannot get jobs.



It matters.

I see what's going on, too, but I don't stop looking because someone says "s'ok, we're with the Union, we're here to help." I look at what THEY are doing, too, and damn well don't like it, any more than I like what Wall Street does. A thug is a thug.

When the unions go on the march, I lock and load, and start filling sandbags.

Looks like I'm gonna need more sandbags.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo
 


God bless Jimmy Hoffa Jr. and Sr. Love those Teamsters!



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SanguineDenial
reply to post by felonius
 


Still waiting on an articulated thought from you.

You can continue with the Ad Hominem attacks though, I find the irony to be quite delightful.


I really should have looked at your sign on date.

I have made points and given evidence.

I havent made attacks. If I had, I wouldnt have been so nice.

Your really not worth my time.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius
 


Just a question since when did sign in date, stars, flags or any of that stuff matter as to a persons Intelligence? This has always confused me, just because some one is new hear does not make there points and perspectives any less valid. Saying that some one is not worth your time due to these factors is moronic at the least. Respect given is Respect earned.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Twisted1
Unions Gave YOU the Weekend!!!!!! Without the Unions fighting for Workers rights in the beginning, You would be working for the big controlling corporations for TWO bucks an hour, STILL!!!!

WE stood up a long time ago and said, "Pay Us Fair Wages." You are raking in the "Big Cash" and giving us next to NOTHING!!!

If we would not have stood up for our rights 100+ years ago,,, YOU would have been a SLAVE to system long before now.

It is when people stopped standing up for their RIGHTS that got us in this SH*T STORM in the first place!!!

STAND UP FOR RIGHTS!!!! Why should "Big Corps" rake in BILLIONS when you make SH*T!!!!!

Luckily I won't live long enough to see the Barcodes on the foreheads of the Sheeple that serve the ELITE in the future!!! (I HOPE!!!)

Grow a F*cking Backbone!!!

Stand up for what you Deserve!!! Or stand in line for the Barcode to be stamped on your forehead!!!

Sadly, I feel you and your future family will be SLAVES!!!

Let me translate.

"All hail Obama. All hail Obama!"

"Give me my entitlements!"



edit on 9/29/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)



I am just guessing here but lets see if I get this right.

(You are 26 years old,,,You still live with your mom,,,,You have never had a job (other than your hand),,,, And your retirement plan is waiting for dear old mom to kick the bucket. So sad for you Section 8



new topics

top topics



 
130
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join