It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Union just voted to join the Occupy Wall Street protests!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
It begins.

Yes, I too would say this. The Revolution has began. Bring down the Banking Cartel and Federal Reserve, seize their vast assets, and give them to the United States Treasury. Let Freedom Ring!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i am feeling hope for this, but not too much. yet.

i know i did this right. where is my vid?
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Sep 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: embed help

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

“There's a time when the
operation of the machine becomes
so odious—makes you so sick at
heart—that you can't take part.
You can't even passively take
part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon
the wheels, upon the levers, upon
all the apparatus, and you've
got to make it stop. And you've
got to indicate to the people who
run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the
machine will be prevented from
working at all”
― Mario Savio

edit on Thu Sep 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Unions have destroyed just as much of our industrial base as wall street has.

One-liners like this are not constructive. A bunch of strictly partisan tards probably blindly starred this in their unmovable allegiance to the political right and then left the thread entirely because talking about the issue would prove them insanely wrong.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i was watching on t.v. and its a pretty sad protest. everyone is dead silent and they all look lost. if you're going to occupy wallstreet, put a little fear into them.

right now the protests are entertainment for the executives on the 45th floor.

i can picture them laughing and making fun of the protesters, before they take the private elevator to the garage and go home to their wooded mansions in a chauffeured lincoln town car.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
i am feeling hope for this, but not too much. yet.

i know i did this right. where is my vid?
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

You didn't do it right actually. Don't paste the entire URL, just the part of the URL that comes after the "v="

The youtube video number for this would be "OYGMM_JMyco":

edit on 29-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Vitchilo

200,000 PEOPLE?! This is gonna be awesome to watch!

Wrong, it is just 114 local people who voted commie, it has nothing to do with 200,000 people.
People need to learn how to read.

And you need to learn how to not be so rude. They represent 200,000 people. I still think this will be awesome to watch.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sometimes I'm for this protest and sometimes I'm not. This protest is a really good idea but something seems REALLY fishy here.

The protest was organized by the group Anonymous, a group that never seems to get in much trouble or be taken down no matter who they mess with, a group that always has their promo videos played on the MSM before the events, a group that has a very strange Orwellian kinda feel to it...
A group that I personally believe is tied to TPTB.

I believe that Anonymous is a false prophet set up by TPTB so that can create a new government and line of trust through the use of a pretend revolution that is nothing more than another trap.. the biggest trap ever!

This protest and the global movement that it is creating may be nothing more than a way to enforce martial law on the people when the time is right.

Pay attention to the way this group talks and the type of artistic style they use in their promos, its very much like what we know of the illuminati.
Pay attention to the signs, lack of enforcement, lack of retaliation such as in other protests, lack of attention, etc... something is VERY strange here.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Fishticon84 because: spelling error.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Vitchilo

200,000 PEOPLE?! This is gonna be awesome to watch!

They will have to call in the Tea Party to clean up the mess like they did in Wisconsin....

Hey, if that's how they want to lend a hand, great.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i was watching on t.v. and its a pretty sad protest. everyone is dead silent and they all look lost. if you're going to occupy wallstreet, put a little fear into them.

right now the protests are entertainment for the executives on the 45th floor.

i can picture them laughing and making fun of the protesters, before they take the private elevator to the garage and go home to their wooded mansions in a chauffeured lincoln town car.

some of them have been sleeping on the street for a week or so...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
photos.denverpost.com...

not sure if u guys heard but airline pilots protested on wall street as well. here are the links with some stunning pics

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.forbes.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Wish I wasn't tied down by this job of mine. I'd LOVE to be out there protesting those fools on Wallstreet!!! Is there anything I can do all the way from Arizona to help??

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
what is the goal ? what can be accomplished ?

what a waste of time

they need to get on a bus and go to DC

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

Food for thought. Interesting idea. They have a web site don't they? Only I read somewhere that it is a bad place to visit, if you get my meaning!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

If everyone takes to the street it doesnt matter where you are....their system comes to a halt. Keep helping eachother out. A couple non-violent citizens arrests on these prick cops abusing their authority and that would really set a precedent.

That's all just my humble opinion btw.

Keep it going guys POWER TO THE SHEEPLE!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420
reply to post by syrinx high priest

If everyone takes to the street it doesnt matter where you are....their system comes to a halt. Keep helping eachother out. A couple non-violent citizens arrests on these prick cops abusing their authority and that would really set a precedent.

That's all just my humble opinion btw.

Keep it going guys POWER TO THE SHEEPLE!!

you guys realize the whole union isn't showing up, right ?

so really, what is the goal here ?

I'm for demonstrations, I think they can work, but they really need to get on a bus and go to DC

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I can Only hope this is the beginning of the change everyone was hoping Obama would bring.
Guess it proves if you want something done well we gotta get off our asses and do it ourselves.

I was down at the protest the first Sunday and there was not that great of a turn out.. I was also there again on Tuesday morning and it had grown drastically...

I am also a member of a laborers union and wish my union and it's members would be a part of this.
I got a few of my brothers to come down with me after work but most are to busy with work and family and don't believe that protest can be the catalyst for change...let's hope they are wrong

Viva la revolution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Some people say that 2012 is going to be a year of awakening. And 2011 has been the base for that theory, if you look around. The world as we know is in fact changing very rapidly. I would had never imagined that people at NYC will be protesting. I'm a new yorker myself, and trust me people in NYC are all about their money and are very selfish.

I guess that everyone of us who trough the years have been awakening minds and making people look to the real reality instead of the BS that is broadcasted every day, have been a very important factor in the equation. So props to each and every single one of us for making a difference!

I'm very proud of the 99% and by 2012 if all this movements continue and dont loose steam (which seems unlikely). 2012 will be the end of the world as we know it. When finally the human race will agree on something as a whole.

I hope we execute that 1%. And make laws that prohibit practices like the ones that got us into this problem.

I cant wait when we all agree to make massive withdraws of money and burn it outside, that will be the ultimate goal. LIVE WITHOUT MONEY. Were every single human being is obligated to collaborate. Therefore, each and every single one of us has the same opportunities and at some point become a sustainable race.

It will happen, if that doesn't happen we are seriously doomed. If we continue we will end up nuking the planet and living underground.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What year is this and people are still scared of commies?
I grew up during the Cold War, with the doomsday clock, and I was afraid of commies then about as much as I'm afraid of terrorists now, which on a scale of 1 to 10 would be about zero.
Isn't this supposed to be the home of the brave?
As far as Unions go I've worked union and I've worked non-union and I can tell you which one I got a better deal out of.
The club that owns this country, that your not a part of, and that your never going to be a part of sure has some of you pretty well trained.
I support everyone at Occupy Wall Street and I don't care what their politics are, or who they work for.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join