It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Union just voted to join the Occupy Wall Street protests!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Unions represent a microcasm of the very organizations they seek to supplant. Be very careful with this one. It will, undoubtedly, amount to a coup. We must seek to dismantle ALL organizations that intend to control our lives if we seek true, political change. mafie, wall street, unions..... all the same, just semantic. I say use their muscle, then turn on them when they present the true face of the coup.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by Fitch303

Unions have destroyed just as much of our industrial base as wall street has.

That's only true if you believe that American Corporations should be able to lobby the snot out of (bribe) the Congress and Executive Branches of our government

I think lobbying should be illegal, period. Punishable by hanging, as treason.

However, since it isn't, then if the unions have access, then it';s only fair that the corporations do, too. If the corporations don't have access, then neither should the unions. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, and fair is fair.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanndy
reply to post by CerBeRus666

"independant man?"
Who is trying to kid who with that? I do not read those words on my screen because you are independant. You actually depend on the work of thousands of people before you, many of them Union in order for anyone but you to read what you just wrote.

Please refrain from using your communist tactics by taking words out of their context. Or, maybe you just don't understand the concept of context...

I have no reference to any sort of "independent Man".
I was just stating that, if I wanted, and was willing to pay the price, my house could fully function independently from the grid.
As for who does what work, I sincerely don't care if they are Union, non-Union, Martians, Borg, commies, Nazis, Fascists, or whatever...as long as the job gets done...
- I own $0 to the Unions
- I own $0 to the Banks
As far as I am concerned both of these Mafia Families could go and freeze their royal asses in Siberia.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutstomper

,Hey guys good news,dow it's up 240'people see traders running out with monitors and computers screaming it's mine,it's mine! ha ha ha

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is a pivotal step in the right direction. If the solidarity of the unions finally commits to this one event, nationwide, The message and the impact will be phenominal.

Cities might shut down over the impact.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
so! the Unions are going to take it all over.
and it will be them running the show?
they have kept it non violent so far...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by macman

I will be taking my kids as well.

This will probably be the best learning experience they have had in their short lives.

It is a chance for them to learn what the public school systems have failed to teach.
This is the sort of thing that the schools do not teach, they do not want the kids to know they can protest and publically make known their complaints. The schools have taught them to just be quiet and do what they are told, now we as parents can un-learn what they have been taught.

Also, if we target the government first then we still have the banks nipping at our heals creating obstacles and other scenarios to get in our way. Remove the bank problem, then we will not have them getting in our way.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Schools teach the kids to become complacent and just "take it"? Not sure where you get this from, care to elaborate?

Id like to suggest the parents are dropping the ball in expecting such things from schools. Schools should teach general knowledge and problem solving skills, never political ideology or civil disobedience.

I'm glad your at least trying to instill a sense of political responsibility in your child, but please don't ever advocated schools should do such things.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

It was a Union front from the start. Only a few blogs carried the story, but SEIU is back of it, and Soros.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

It was a Union front from the start. Only a few blogs carried the story, but SEIU is back of it, and Soros.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
Unions represent a microcasm of the very organizations they seek to supplant. Be very careful with this one. It will, undoubtedly, amount to a coup. We must seek to dismantle ALL organizations that intend to control our lives if we seek true, political change. mafie, wall street, unions..... all the same, just semantic. I say use their muscle, then turn on them when they present the true face of the coup.

Well said.
The leaders of the unions seeks power just as much as the people on Wall Street.
edit on 30-9-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Wisconsin.

Egypt.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Man i hope the numbers continue to grow and grow. the last thing i would want to see is this all end is violence, marital law or some #. keep up the fight!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
It begins.

Nothing is beginning.

The protesters will eventual stop, and the people working at Wall Street will go home to their overpriced houses, as the common man starves.

The masses will continue to vote for the same two corrupt plutocratic ran parties. Our countries will continue to be sold out to international capitalist. Our morality and sense of unity will continue to be eroded, as foreigners flood our streets, and the masses keep asking for more freedoms, and shunning duty. "Let’s legalize drugs and prostitution! Who cares if my countrymen are dying in ditch, riddled with cancer, unable to afford healthcare? It's not my problem! Freedom! It’s okay for two men to marry each other! Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others! to hell with authority, and tradition! Peace, love, tolerance! herp derp derpity derp!" they’ll continue to shout, as the country crumbles around them.

We continue to give the capitalist tax breaks, and they'll continue use the money they saved to build factories in India and China.

The West’s current obsession with liberty, capitalism, Internationalism, pacifism, and democracy is the reason it’s dying a slow and pathetic death, a hollow shell of its former self.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Evola because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CerBeRus666

Sure a little touchy, you made a very broad statement claiming that: " As for the "Unions"everything they touch, they destroy."

I spend my waking hours in hellish conditions that most of society is unable or unwilling to endure. So forgive me for countering your accusation with a lengthy rebuttal.

I gave you a laundry list of all the things that are built by Unions. That is in stark contrast to your claims of annihilation by proximity. You seem to believe that where ever Unions exist they destroy society yet you say that you choose your primary home to be on Long Island, one of the most pro-Union areas in the Nation. Surely if Organized labor is as destructive as you claim then Long Island would be an uninhabitable hell hole.

You claim that my tools and clothing are made by slave labor which is wrong. Every tool I use in my craft is made in the USA. My clothing is Union made in the US, even my pair of Danner boots which are the best money can buy IMHO.

Good on you for paying better than standard to your employees but you are the exception. My Union exists in a Right to Work state which means we have almost no power what so ever. The only reason we are able to exist is by providing a superior level of workmanship than our unorganized competition. The things we collectively bargain for are not menacing or vile, they are the things many Industrial bases would rather not provide, Clean cool drinking (not ice cold, just not warmed in the sun all day) water and sanitary restrooms.

I cannot speak for all Unions but the one I am a member of first and foremost is Democratic. Every member has equal voice. There is no tyranny. I swore an oath upon becoming a member to oppose Fascism, Communism and all subversive isms. This organization was founded to stop the deaths of working men due to a total lack of formal training in the field. Before the creation of our apprenticeship the mortality rate of electrical workers was disgusting. To this day passing the knowledge to preserve life while doing superior workmanship is the foremost reason for our existence.

This is not about labels and despite what you think it is about self worth, self respect and self awareness. Doing everything in our power to make sure that every man and woman goes home uninjured to their loved ones is the very definition of such to me.

Perhaps you find that standing in solidarity with other humans is disgusting, such is your right to believe. I do not hold this to be true. Working together with those around you to create a better world is a goal I believe in and work to with my entire being. This is why I wake up each morning to sweat and bleed building a more comfortable world for the very people that will spit on me for engaging in physical labor. The same people that do not wish to have us in the same dining rooms, restrooms or share water fountains.

Our cause is the cause of human justice, human rights, human security.

We refuse, and will always refuse, to condone or tolerate dictatorship or oppression of any kind.

We will find and expel from our midst any who might attempt to destroy, by subversion, all that we stand for.

This Brotherhood will continue to oppose communism, Nazism or any other subversive "ism." We will support our God, our Nations, our Union.

Good day sir.
edit on 30-9-2011 by SanguineDenial because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I totally understand the sentiment behind this protest but I have said and maintain they are focused on the wrong enemy. The REAL enemy to the Republic is the Federal Reserve. The FED feeds the corporations, inflates the price of goods, bribes the government to legislate laws that force business to go to other countries to make a profit, and devalues the dollar. I am not saying the corporations or the banks are blameless, but they AND the Unions all answer to the same Daddy --> FED

If all The People would rise up and choke the FED you would see the corruption level in Wall Street, Government and Unions take a huge downward plunge!

How many Americans even knew or currently know the FED is NOT a government agency????

Quit fighting the smoke screens that the creeps in the shadows hide behind

My 2 cents

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

This is exactly what I am saying, they have yet to install and embed an Agent Provocateur but the Wall Street group is already on the lookout for them and will expel them from the group.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Here is the next protest coming up, and I clicked on a bunch of the links to see who was coming to dinner..

october2011.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Do you think it'll be ok if I just sit that one out? It looks like they'll already have enough people there, and those appear to be the sort of people that momma warned me about...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
I totally understand the sentiment behind this protest but I have said and maintain they are focused on the wrong enemy. The REAL enemy to the Republic is the Federal Reserve. The FED feeds the corporations, inflates the price of goods, bribes the government to legislate laws that force business to go to other countries to make a profit, and devalues the dollar. I am not saying the corporations or the banks are blameless, but they AND the Unions all answer to the same Daddy --> FED

If all The People would rise up and choke the FED you would see the corruption level in Wall Street, Government and Unions take a huge downward plunge!

How many Americans even knew or currently know the FED is NOT a government agency????

Quit fighting the smoke screens that the creeps in the shadows hide behind
My 2 cents

The CFR basically took over government, industry, finance and banking, over the last 100 years. Many of the members of CFR came from Skull and Bones. They are Democrat and Republican. I've read that every Sec of Defense since Eisenhower has been CFR, and he warned us of the military-industrial complex.

edit on 1-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Do you think it'll be ok if I just sit that one out? It looks like they'll already have enough people there, and those appear to be the sort of people that momma warned me about...

Sure! We can have our own party instead.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join