It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Union just voted to join the Occupy Wall Street protests!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+92 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hell yeah!

A Massive Union Just Voted To Side With The Wall Street Protesters

According to Daily Kos, The New York Transit Workers Union (TWU) voted to support the Wall Street Protestors at their meeting last night.

A member of TWU Local 100 told a reporter that they would join the protest Friday at 4PM.

Here's more about them from their website:

The TWU has four main divisions: Railroad; Gaming; Airline; Transit; and Utility, University and Service. The Union has 114 autonomous locals representing over 200,000 members and retirees in 22 states around the country.

Occupy Wall Street has been picking up some decent support from unions in the past few days. Yesterday we reported that the Teamsters Union declared their support for protestors, and we also found out that the United Pilots Union had members at the protest demonstrating in uniform.

Today we learned the Industrial Workers of the World put a message of support on their website as well.

Sweet! Let the American Spring begin!

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It begins.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
At last...brains are shifting into gear. Americans standing up for their Constitutional Rights.

Woo Hoo

+82 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Unions have destroyed just as much of our industrial base as wall street has.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

woo hoo indeed.
i am in labor union and just waiting for the word.
maybe the lady who took the mace will be the
catalyst.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It has started.
United states. Europe. Canada. Africa.
And more to come as it spreads.
History in the making!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am honestly very surprised to hear this news. I thought that they would muscle the protesters out just like they had done in the past. Maybe this will actually gain some traction, and get some much needed attention drawn to it now.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Anything to back that up?

+41 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Unions have destroyed just as much of our industrial base as wall street has.

Listen, the leadership of unions has become corrupted because it has grown too powerful.

But most people in the unions just want to keep their rights and get more rights at work. They are good people.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

SWEET! Great news! Maby ....just Maby we might get more MSM. or as i like to say "CIN" "Corpriate Industry News" may actually be forced to actual report on Real news...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of hearing about who got kicked off DWTS and snookie/jersy shore ##SNIP##..( no caps on names as i have no respect for people of that mentality so i refuse to reconise them as actual people, mostly cuz they are so fake )

edit on Thu Sep 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

+22 more 
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Actually, Unions have won a lot of labor victories regarding wages, hours, benefits, etc.

+15 more 
link   
What? Wait a cotton pickin' minute...

You mean to say Americans are starting to put aside our differences and becoming one to fight against a common goal?

Surely, you jest.

Seriously, great to see.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
woohoo the train has started and once it gets up to speed and chugging along it'll be hard to stop! watch out congress and wall st S is about to hit the fan all over you guys...may god be with you...as you always claim

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
S is not going to HTF for us.

Its going to HTF for them.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

edit on Thu Sep 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

Now, we just need to find that modern day Boston Tea Party.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm not in the Union anymore because I don't feel I have to pay dues to insure my occupation and so far so good. But unions aren't bad things, they have helped many people including myself learn on the job without taking huge school loans. It excited me to read that people are joining in to support the protest!! I live in California but I would be there if it were possible, hopefully they will have a supporting protest somewhere local to where I am. I can't think of a place in The Bay Area to protest that would have any effect like the wall street protest. Does anybody know if the TransNational Bank in San Francisco has anything to do with Wall Street?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hell yeah indeed. I also support the Wall Street Protestors. Keep the ball rolling.

edit on 29-9-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
It begins.

They need more support. Everyone in america needs to be out there in the damn streets protesting. Everyone needs to drop their jobs and lock this system up and bring this ride to a screetching halt. This is exactly the way to galvanize americans to wake up out of their self medicated delusory worlds.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
reply to post by Destinyone

woo hoo indeed.
i am in labor union and just waiting for the word.
maybe the lady who took the mace will be the
catalyst.

I saw that happen, i was horrifed and pissed off at the same time. This police brutality either needs to come to a halt or we need to make some major changes and fire all of their asses and create a new policing institution that isnt rotten to the core with corruption.
edit on 29-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join