It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF email alert list

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
here's a little scenario....

I'm at the beach having a good time and have NO IDEA that _______ just dropped nukes on _______. But then, I get an email from ATS staff saying I better wake the heck up and start packing! Obviously this would almost never be used (and of course you wouldn't share our emails with anyone), but I think it promotes the Deny Ignorance ideal on a bigger scale.

Add me to the list!

ETA: I get emails sent to my phone...

edit on 29-9-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That would be so fitting. The last communication I get at the end of the world....from ATS

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Yes how right you are....when seconds could help so.. Much....hopefully it could help me get my family off of this peninsula we live on..and being trapped.Excellent idea..worth considering... flag for the op
edit on 29-9-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I certainly like the idea...
Thumbs
from Sussex

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am already subscribed to ATS on Twitter. Although I do not have alerts turned on; though when I was subscribed to Wikileaks on Twitter I got the message direct to my cellphone without having to check.

I guess all people have to do is subscribe to ATS' Twitter and turn alerts on, as simple as that.

Seems like its up to the community, though a thread from SkepticOverlord regarding the matter would be good PR for bringing more ATS'ers onto the Twitter fan-base.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Twitter is nice but honestly I don't want updates all the time
I can do that when I get online. What I'm recommending is basically a one-time "ok, this is bad" kinda thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
An ATS 'Early Warning' system...Ya know I actually think this is a great idea

I've stopped checking the news websites as ATS always seems to get any breaking news about 10 minutes before the mainstream - and if that means also getting a heads up if things are goin down then it's all good in my book!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think you guys are putting to much trust in a website. Besides, we already have nation wide alert systems.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Our Privacy Policy would not allow this to happen in the specific way you propose, but...

Sign up for the extremely informative ATS Newsletter and you'll have the latest and greatest from ATS in your in box daily.

You can register here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Our Privacy Policy would not allow this to happen in the specific way you propose, but...

Sign up for the extremely informative ATS Newsletter and you'll have the latest and greatest from ATS in your in box daily.

You can register here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

Really? How self promoting of you.

Personally, I love this site, but when TSHTF, do you relly think the good peeps here will be relying on a news letter?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Springer,

Are you saying that in the case of a major, possibly life threatening, event happens then newsletters would be sent out early? Like an 'Early Breaking News" edition?

I guess problem would be detrmining what is considered a 'life threatening' event? Like, how many lives would trigger the immediate notification, or what areas of the world, or how to determine who gets what (like, do we need an emergency signal for a threat an ocean away?) How many notificatoins that don't have an immediate and direct effect on us, personally, before we start to just ignore the notifications and eventually turn off the forward filter?

NM Springer, on second thought, I believe you gave the best response. Daily newsletter subscription will inform members of breaking and current events that are most popular for the day. Anything further should be on a local level, one that is not the intention of ATS, nor should it be. Members need to subscribe to local emergency notificaatios. Search local sites, there are many different ER alert systems available (paid and unpaid, govm't and public).

I just remembered that I'm subscribed to my local police ER email/text/cell call notification system. I forgot because I've never received any alerts, but then that is how I requested to be notified: only for alerts that aren't weather-related (as we have many weather related ERs and those trigger the sirens, so I'm good with that).

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you for replying Springer. Maybe at some point things will change and allow it if it seems like a good idea to the owners, since it would be by member personal choice only to share the info and request an email.

cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
springer: would a mass u2u work? , I doubt there would be time to type any messages, it might go like this" the Cit" that would be all you get if that. Depending if it is a nuke war, in a bio war, you could get the hole message. Depending if the person typing is well or ill , a fio ar hs brken ut in the sa, high verre shills lurry vidson, no xure detyh sojn

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

hey we could just shrink it down with an abbreviation...

RFI - run for it
DNC - duck n cover
BNKY - been nice knowin' ya

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I find this premise extremely funny.

A nuke was just dropped and you think the folks at ATS are going to start sending texts? And all of you are dutifully checking your phones?

No thanks.
Leave me on the beach.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
In the interests of the ATS brand, I can see where ATS wouldn't want to become the sky is falling - pie in your face element, however I think that an APB alert protocol in the event something major - in truth - happened it would actually be something ATS could and should offer it's members, both current as well as old, to save lives.

Perhaps a government grant could help cover the costs of such a program, aka first responder alerts!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

well the one i would send is " BOKAGB" or "TSHTF!!!!" short sweet and to the point BOKAGB is bend over kiss @$$ good by, just in case you were wondering.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I find this premise extremely funny.

A nuke was just dropped and you think the folks at ATS are going to start sending texts? And all of you are dutifully checking your phones?

No thanks.
Leave me on the beach.

I see your pint but I think it depends on the context. If Iran (or CIA/Mossad agents in Iran) fired some nukes at a strategic point inside Israel it wouldn't immediately affect the entire globe, but it's a very big deal I'd want to know about right away.

How about we all msg Phage our email addresses and he can take care of it

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Do we really think that if Iran nukes Israel we wouldn't know by any of the following:

Emergency Broadcast Alert
Breaking News Interruption
Twitter
Facebook
Emergency Radio Broadcast
Etc.

Don't get me wrong, ATS gets the information first usually. However, even our government couldn't hide an actual nuke detonation in my opinion. Not the testing of one....we are talking actual nuclear weapon dropping.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Do we really think that if Iran nukes Israel we wouldn't know by any of the following:

Emergency Broadcast Alert
Breaking News Interruption
Twitter
Facebook
Emergency Radio Broadcast
Etc.

Don't get me wrong, ATS gets the information first usually. However, even our government couldn't hide an actual nuke detonation in my opinion. Not the testing of one....we are talking actual nuclear weapon dropping.

... I don't get any of those things while sitting on the beach, hence the email announcement requested in the OP

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join