It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would NASA attempt to de-educate people using YouTube

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

What if the idea was to discredit someone or to spread disinfo or to cover up a real event with fake videos?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Discovery News: Betelguese

but 640 light-years is still quite a distance, and although when it does blow astronomers think we'll be able to see the explosion for some weeks during the day -- still a very impressive and historic event -- that's a far cry from thinking a sun-supernova combo could resemble any binary star system.

Well damn. I was hoping to get double blinded on my way to work in the morning!

Sorry a bit off topic. I do not think Nasa is behind all of these DOOM videos. It's a cop out in my opinion. They say things like "oh Nasa tricked me into believe this." I don't think so. Nasa has been there from the start, denying all the absurdity. It's lose-lose for Nasa. No matter what they do, they will always be nefarious monsters. Poor guys and gals.

edit on 9/30/2011 by CapnSnazz because: making it not so off topic

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I commend NASA for at least trying to provide people with accurate information, since so many Americans are scientifically illiterate and highly credulous when it comes to pseudoscientific nonsense. You know, the kinds of things the ignorant suckers on this site are prone to believe. And what happens when those ignorant suckers encounter accurate information? They believe it's a conspiracy of lies. Really now. What went wrong in the brains of so many of you?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think it is interesting that people makes these claims in other threads where they want to shore up some story, yet here where the question is asked outright there is little support for the idea.

Maybe it seems more reasonable to use this approach when the alternative is to throw in the towel and admit error.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by EmilNomel

What if the idea was to discredit someone or to spread disinfo or to cover up a real event with fake videos?

i see your point now...
yes, it's quite possible that not they directly...
but, rather other government paid agents deliberately started the whole thing by planting the wrong ideas about elenin/nibiru etc... all it takes is just a few similar and different dissinfomation posts across the youtube and forums at the very beginning of the hype and from there on just sit back and watch the dirty snow bow roll itself down the hill picking up the wild imaginations of the wackos getting bigger and bigger by itself and thus making the whole 2012 scenarios seem as 100% crap when in reality there might be 2-3% of real truth somewhere out there.... hmmm

the problem is that you cannot prove this wild theory... can you??

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel
from what i can remember last year it was all over the mainstream media and they were pointing out that it had already went supernova long time ago but, they are not certain when the light will arrive here for us to see it... they also said that one day in the very very near future we should see 2 suns in our sky
also they were comparing an image from star wars episode iv with luke skywalker standing in the desert on tatooine looking at the sky which had two suns... and that's what i remember.

so, people when you wake up "tomorrow" and see 2 suns in the sky... have no fear! it is not nibiru! it's only betelgeuse's light from the supernova finally arriving to our view!

It was in the media, but it wasn't NASA and quite a bit of it got blown out of proportion.
news.discovery.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

yes it was confirmed by nasa too!
the star is about 625 light years away from us...
so what we are seeing today through our telescopes has happened over 600 years ago...
and that's why nasa said it has already become supernova hundreds of years ago...

if the star blows up "right now" we will see it in 600 years from now... the time it will take for the light to get to us!
you get it?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

yes it was confirmed by nasa too!
the star is about 625 light years away from us...
so what we are seeing today through our telescopes has happened over 600 years ago...
and that's why nasa said it has already become supernova hundreds of years ago...

if the star blows up "right now" we will see it in 600 years from now... the time it will take for the light to get to us!
you get it?

Ok. The you shouldn't have a problem with providing a link to where NASA said that it has already become supernova hundreds of years ago
Thanks

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

i spend over 5 hours searching the original article(s) from november last year... but, i cannot find anything!
the earliest one i could find was from january 19th 2011 but it does not have nasa's conformation nor refusal:
Tatooine's twin suns - coming to a planet near you just as soon as Betelgeuse explodes
i could have been wrong... in that case i'm sorry

but, it seems to me that nasa has changed their mind for some reason and are now refusing it!
because i find it very strange that i cannot find any articles from november last year where i think that nasa scientists had confirmed the observations and study of Dr Brad Carter, Senior Lecturer of Physics at the University of Southern Queensland.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

i spend over 5 hours searching the original article(s) from november last year... but, i cannot find anything!
the earliest one i could find was from january 19th 2011 but it does not have nasa's conformation nor refusal:
Tatooine's twin suns - coming to a planet near you just as soon as Betelgeuse explodes
i could have been wrong... in that case i'm sorry

but, it seems to me that nasa has changed their mind for some reason and are now refusing it!
because i find it very strange that i cannot find any articles from november last year where i think that nasa scientists had confirmed the observations and study of Dr Brad Carter, Senior Lecturer of Physics at the University of Southern Queensland.

It’s ok and I’m sorry I made you waste 5 hours. I wasn’t picking on you in particular, but trying to make a point that goes with what stereologist was saying in the original post.

Things get twisted. The original article from www.news.com.au... 09247
is the one that said “Tatooine's twin suns==coming to a planet near you just as soon as Betelgeuse explodes”
Then

The Huffington Post is reporting the same story, but they've made the mistake of attributing some of the News.com.au article's conclusions to Dr Brad Carter, Senior Lecturer of Physics at the University of Southern Queensland.”

news.discovery.com...’t-panic-betelgeuse-wont-explode-in-2012.html

But even then, Carter never said it had already exploded. So while NASA may have confirmed the observations, they never said it had already exploded either. I didn’t find where they had said anything bout Carter, but I didn’t look for 5 hours either.

GPL threw NASA into the mix with a headline that said “NASA has told the world Betelgeuse is expected to go supernova before 2012, and that this will produce a "second sun" and linked to the news.com article, which never even mentioned NASA.

So you were right in what you said have about

all it takes is just a few similar and different dissinfomation posts across the youtube and forums at the very beginning of the hype and from there on just sit back and watch the dirty snow bow roll itself down the hill picking up the wild imaginations of the wackos getting bigger and bigger by itself and thus making the whole 2012 scenarios seem as 100% crap when in reality there might be 2-3% of real truth somewhere out there.

Question is, is it “government paid agents,” really bad reporting or sometimes just idiots on the internet?

See also www.2012hoax.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
S&F for you, OP, for a thought provoking thread! Have to say that, like NASA, "every whore was a virgin once" and first impressions are always killer but by the same token it only takes one night to destroy a reputation built on decades. Why is it such a stretch to believe that heavenly sights heralding the concept that the number 2012, the end times, embodies, could be manufactured in a video for the purpose of debunking and the wider purpose of casting doubt on the already existing true depictions of anomalies?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join