It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would NASA attempt to de-educate people using YouTube

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There have been claims that NASA attempts to spread disinformation using a variety of techniques from press releases, faked documents, faking the Moon missions, hiding evidence of potential hazards, and even making YouTube videos.

If NASA makes YouTube videos, what is the reason?
1. Is it to spread fear?
2. Is it a distraction?
3. Is it a way to garner attention?
4. Is it to make people stupid?

What do you think NASA would possibly want by creating YouTube videos that spread lies about things like:
1. Elenin and other comets
2. NEOs
3. IR telescopes
4. Brown dwarfs
5. Dark matter
6. Giant motherships around the Sun
7. Winged planets
8. Second suns

There must be a reason if and I am supposing for arguments sake that this rather unlikely claim is correct.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Remember that this is the 2012 forum and there must be something that connects this claim of YouTubes by NASA with some upcoming event.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
ya i have heard all of this that NASA is hiding. sort interesteing take on this.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The idea is that NASA is placing videos on YouTube that make fun of or deride their work for some ulterior purpose. I have no idea what that might be. Any suggestions would be helpful.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
you mean from here?

www.youtube.com...

its kind of pointless to prove a point about youtube without links no? of course, alot of people here have seen the "employee emergency safety" video by now, and the 'elenin isn't dangerous' one.

I still don't trust nasa after LCROSS though.

ed: I can't help but think half of nasa wants EVERYTHING to be open source, and the other half it thinking far too much about peer review, loosing interest from the public with their ungodly slow data handling skills, without begining to go into such things as the 'false' colour of mars photos for example of one controversial topic.
edit on 29/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

to quote battlefield 2 bad company, because its relevant. "sometimes people are just people."
edit on 29/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The idea is that the wacko videos that claim there are installations on the Moon and Mars and that Elenin is not a comet and that videos show a second Sun were really made at the behest of NASA.

That is the claim. That claim is even weirder than the videos themselves - or maybe I am missing something important where NASA has a positive gain from doing this.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The idea is that the wacko videos that claim there are installations on the Moon and Mars and that Elenin is not a comet and that videos show a second Sun were really made at the behest of NASA.

That is the claim. That claim is even weirder than the videos themselves - or maybe I am missing something important where NASA has a positive gain from doing this.

Well, NASA has said officially that Betelgeuse (one of the stars from Orion) has went supernova and we should expect to see 2 suns in the sky but, they don't know exactly when we will see it.
edit on 29-9-2011 by SunShineKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by adam76
ya i have heard all of this that NASA is hiding. sort interesteing take on this.
Mod Hey...
ICANN see your pyramid point
... BUT... Sometimes U must tear down the old temples of thinking by first making everything meaningless(Ecclesiastes MJ-12)... Then NOW... if I could RV accsees the future that is already in the present Ai Digi-heavenly-scroll storage systems(the computers are way ahead of themselves)... U would already know what way you are leading the Digi-Minded programed sheeple(notice how the smart phone is smarter then the sheeple & has become the new Digi Jehovah witness)... Not to mention that the forbidden UbOObtube fruit is so simple looking on the outside and eXtremely user friendly

Jesus(aka?)said/says/quantum now: Damn the Pharisees! 'THEY' are like a dog sleeping in the cattle manger: the dog/NASA(with no disrespect meant by association,just an currant mind of the time example) neither eats nor [let's] the cattle eat."

Mr X-ULTRA/ARTLU... L
King back at U in the house of mirrors... Any body have a cosmic master diamond planet to sell me... I'm getting engaged

edit on 29-9-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Instead of making ridiculous accusations I am trying to explore the nature of a number of claims that are used to fuel the 2012 debate. These claims are stated without evidence. In fact, it is unclear how evidence might be located. That leaves people free to state their opinions.

In the case of the videos, some of the video makers might become irate learning that they have been branded part of the government machinery.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Instead of making ridiculous accusations I am trying to explore the nature of a number of claims that are used to fuel the 2012 debate. These claims are stated without evidence. In fact, it is unclear how evidence might be located. That leaves people free to state their opinions.

In the case of the videos, some of the video makers might become irate learning that they have been branded part of the government machinery.
I understand that you are always needing fuel and batteries to debate... BUT!!!... The problem is the DEBATE... that creates weather machines eXcist or not... and as most earthlings do... It's the needing tangible ALL SEEING proof if Jesus could walk on water... this is why mother earth/Gaia can not move forward... U-ALL don't believe she can be smarter than U and at the same time see everything with a narcissistic view

Mr X-ULTRA/TOTAL/QUANTUM/GOD PARTICLE/SHIFT... Just saying that the future is just one big white place... Even with my L
King glasses on
... O'well... I just have to have blind faith and let go of the side of the milky way river

edit on 29-9-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: Forgot my Enoch key

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So are you suggesting that NASA is not involved int he YouTube videos?

Or, are you saying that it doesn't matter?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
NASA has more to do than addressing all of the tomfoolery that exists in the world. If someone addresses a nutty claim then the hoaxers posting the claim scream success since they say NASA lies. If NASA does nothing then the hoaxers claim success since NASA is hiding something. Regardless of the response from NASA the hoaxer claims success.

What is the easier response from NASA? It's obviously do nothing since the outcome is the same.

So why would NASA create videos on YouTube to increase the annoyance?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If NASA really wanted to mislead people they would just disclose something everyone wants to hear.

If a 10km diameter asteroid was on a collision course they could just tell us it is an Alien spaceship. Then we have disclosure, everyone is happy and ATS members buy it hook line and sinker.

For now though I would consider non disclosure a good sign, the minute they start giving out too many details I would consider this to be a change in behaviour. That is when I will start digging my bunker.

Most of what I am saying here is a stretch though, I don't plan on digging a bunker anytime in the near future.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
yes if you look at the 'intel merger' NASA signed with DHS,

its obvious they would have at least some niche dept whose responsibilities include counter-intelligence

www.securityinfowatch.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Thanks for the article. That was an interesting read.

The link you provided sounds more like they provide the technology to do the intelligence gathering rather than NASA doing the actual gathering. For example, they could provide rockets, satellites and image analysis software but not do more than the launch. Then DHS would be collecting the images and doing the intelligence gathering while NASA might be on hand to make sure that the satellite stays in a proper orbit.

I would think adding an intelligence department to NASA would simply increase the chance for leaks. No need to do that.
edit on 30-9-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunShineKid

Well, NASA has said officially that Betelgeuse (one of the stars from Orion) has went supernova and we should expect to see 2 suns in the sky but, they don't know exactly when we will see it.

Officially? Could you please provide a link from NASA on that one? I think what was said was that it probably will sometime, not that it has.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by SunShineKid

Officially? Could you please provide a link from NASA on that one? I think what was said was that it probably will sometime, not that it has.

from what i can remember last year it was all over the mainstream media and they were pointing out that it had already went supernova long time ago but, they are not certain when the light will arrive here for us to see it... they also said that one day in the very very near future we should see 2 suns in our sky
also they were comparing an image from star wars episode iv with luke skywalker standing in the desert on tatooine looking at the sky which had two suns... and that's what i remember.

so, people when you wake up "tomorrow" and see 2 suns in the sky... have no fear! it is not nibiru! it's only betelgeuse's light from the supernova finally arriving to our view!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

also, that was on mainstream media...

the op is talking about the crazy youtube vids which are 100% phony and wacko!

i think nasa would never do some crazy wacko youtube vids like that!

what do they have to gain?
just drop a small dirty snowball rolling down the hill till it becomes an avalanche?
it just doesn't make sense

never believe any youtube video!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

This is clearly supposition. There is no way for us to know if any star has gone supernova before we see it. The event sends out a light signal and we can't know that the event has happened until the signal arrives and that light signal is traveling as fast as information can be distributed.

What you might be remembering is some show in which they were speculating, not reporting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join