It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you first suspect that the 9/11 official story was false.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I never trusted Bush and the look on his face looked as if he knew something ahead of time and was just thinking "There's no turning back now. It has begun."

I forgot about that - the look on Bush's face when Andrew Card supposedly delivered the news in that classroom.

Was this a man who looked surprised or shocked to you, boys and girls?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6

I forgot about that - the look on Bush's face when Andrew Card supposedly delivered the news in that classroom.

Was this a man who looked surprised or shocked to you, boys and girls?

George Bush has always been and always will be an idiot, If he was any dumber he would be a Truther.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The moment I saw the buildings collapse I thought it was very strange that they fell the way they did. For the building to come down at almost free fall speed seemed so odd. I'm no engineer, but I understand how basic physics work. I also know that flames go upward and not downward, so for the heat to cause the floors below to collapse just didn't seem right. And finally, when I saw the videos that showed what looked to be demolition blasts on the lower floors, it re-confirmed what I had already suspected.
edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
why did the empire state building not fall the same way when a plane hit it in I believe the 1940 s?
when the three of them fell the same way, also lack of evidence at the pentagon and the excuse for a plane crash with the small hole in a field is pathetic.
I saw what happened in Lockerbie when that plane was bombed out of the sky and these were no plane smashes in any shape or form...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The way the towers fell does not make sense. It split like a banana pill from the top.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have to admit that I bought into the official story in the beginning. Although I already knew all the dirt about the Bush family, I somehow had bought into the idea that he was a good Christian and would never do something like this. I was actually angry at people who questioned the official story and the Iraq invasion. Late in 2003, I started asking myself more questions about the war and 911. Bush's refusal to hold an independent investigation finally sealed it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I started thinking about it that afternoon, from what I can remember. I may be wrong, but I remember clearly seeing the news reports that afternoon describing the flight paths of the hijacked planes, and noting the lives spared because flight 77 had circled around the Pentagon to hit it in a section that was under construction and mostly empty. I remember thinking this was really weird, and I think that was the first thing that triggered that thought for me. I started to dig for facts right away, and found weird details everywhere I looked. I've been obsessed with digging for information ever since.

Also, I remember my girlfriend at the time telling me that she felt like she had a song constantly playing in her head for weeks following the attacks, and the only words to the song were "Osama bin Laden." We were watching the news a lot at the time. That got me thinking about MK Ultra and subliminal messaging (both of which I was already aware of), and it was off down the rabbit hole from there....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Days before I had learned on a network TV channel that the following Tuesday morning the exact count of the Florida vote that had been hijacked by the Bushes and their cronies was going to the exposed on TV.... I was tuned in to watch the exposure of the criminals and saw what everyone that was tuned in saw, A huge building said to be one of the World Trade Center Towers being imploded..... One of the local Dallas newscasters uttered something like " good God that building was imploded, just like I had said to my wife when we watched it...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by mayabong

Farenheit 911? Oh, you mean Michael Moore's mostly fictional movie?

Let me know which parts were fictional? I'm open to it.

In any event it didn't get into the meat an potatoes but it made me research further.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hmmm. Controlled demolitions go awry frequently (often enough) even with meticulous calculations and planning. What are the odds the two (oh wait THREE) buildings all crumble in the same manner from different sources hitting at different speeds, angles, points on the building etc,.

It's as if the steel infrastructure didn't exist in any of the buildings.

That and building 7.

Regards,

Followtheevidence.
edit on 29-9-2011 by followtheevidence because: Italics error

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The amazingly neat way buildings 1 and 2 fell into their own footprint (well mostly).
The incongruously small hole in the pentagon building with no visible aircraft debris but visible stacks of documents unburned sitting on an office desk in plain view in the wreckage.
Bush's expression, or more to the point, lack of appropriate reaction when told of the incident.
Alleged Saudi hijackers, subsequent invasion of Iraq and Afganistan, then no more mention of Saudi Arabia.
Bush Jr, Bush Snr, Cheney, Haliburton, Carlisle...oh my...none of this stinks...must be legit!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Symmetry. I know that is touted quite a bit, but I recall to the day observing later in the evening--on television--repeats of the towers collapsing & thinking "it oughtn't have occurred with such symmetry." That is to say I was uncertain from the beginning because both towers collapsed with a uniformity that matched one another too precisely. The symmetric collapse of the twin towers (and bldg. 7 as I would discover a few years later) simply stuck in the back of my mind thereafter.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I first suspected that the 9/11 official story was false when I saw a clipped video of building 7. Looked into it pretty deeply, and it took a while to get past my speculation, but my research has shown me that there is a reasonable possibility for it to have not been demolition. Same story with the towers. The only research that says that what happened is impossible seems to be filled with logical holes and incorrect facts.

I still think the government is completely at fault for 9/11. There was severe negligence and possibly aide given to the terrorists (stupid word in my opinion. Would be better to simply call them extremists). I just can't see demolition being likely, no matter how much I have tried, and trust me I have tried. The only way to believe in demolition, in my opinion, is to make a number of extreme assumptions about the way the buildings would behave. Assumptions and faith are not something I like to base my views on, so I cannot, in good conscience, subscribe to demolitions.

Either way, I do still think there is something extremely suspicious about the towers' destructions. If you pay attention, there is not a single video that exists (though if you find one, show me) which shows the base of the tower when/just before the collapse began. I have seen three clips which would show said location, and all three mysterious cut out a couple seconds, as if something is being deliberately hidden which was at the base of the towers.

Obviously, I have no evidence for this, but I can't shake the feeling that something is there, and there is that firefighter testimony about a ring of flashes around the base before the collapse. Maybe I read it out of context or something, but it is a driving force behind my skepticism. Only problem is I can't get anyone else to acknowledge this. It's as if the Truthers here have a veil that makes it so they don't see the anomalies I see, and just get sucked into a vortex of ego-driven ignorance.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It's quite simple really. 3 buildings came down in a way that looked like a controlled demolition but was supposedly a fire. There has never ever been another time in history when something that looked like a controlled demolition wasn't actually a controlled demolition. Now maybe if just one building collapsed that way I would find it perfectly believable, but 3?!? No f'ing way, especially when building 7 wasn't even hit with a plane. You have to be brain dead to believe such a long string of coincidences took place on 9/11.
edit on 30-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have a personal theory that TPTB had planned many more "spectacular events" on the lines of 9/11...but did not carry them all out because they saw that not everybody bought the official story. More false flag attacks, in the midst of doubt among so many people, would have only made it obvious that somethings not right.

The fact that so many AMERICANS (and others around the world) began questioning the official story, almost immediately after the attacks probably showed TPTB that their plan of fooling everybody didn't go too well...and so thereby, backed off for a while.

Imagine if everybody simply bought the official story without questioning anything... TPTB would have had everybody dancing to their tunes.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think."
-Adolf Hitler

Well, guess the 'rulers' weren't so lucky in the case of 9/11.

edit on 30-9-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What made you first suspect that the 9/11 official story was false?

When we landed on the moon!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

What did it for me was seeing the buildings come down like that. I had seen several planned demolitions in Illinois and Tennessee, and it was just too easy for them to come down like that. I also knew the story of the firestorm in Dresden when we tag-team bombed it with Britain in WWII. I mean, there was just no way! Two planes, three buildings, no demo charges placed with computer synchronization, just an open air kerosene flame, and we get a pyroclastic cloud?

I am a history buff, and was working contractually as an engineer at the time. I already knew of the indictment -which wasn't followed through - of Prescott Bush for handling money for Fritz Thyssen while we were at war with Germany, and his involvement with the attempted coup of Roosevelt. I also knew about George H. W. Bush buying United Fruit Company, the well known CIA front in South America, and being the head of the CIA before his stint as VP. So seeing the buildings fall was all I needed, even though i have learned so much more that stinks about the whole thing. Like the insider trading...
edit on 30-9-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by mayabong

Farenheit 911? Oh, you mean Michael Moore's mostly fictional movie?

Let me know which parts were fictional? I'm open to it.

How about Moore's claim that Bush gave $5 million to the Taliban "only" one month before the attack" and under "mysterious circumstances"? It was $5 million worth of FOOD, and he gave it to the World Food Program to distribute directly to the Afghan people via Pakistan specifically to keep it out of the hands of the Taliban. It was in the news left, right, up and down so the only reason why Moore intentionally portrayed a humanitarian act as something sinister sounding is because he's one of the very con artists behind those damned fool conspiracy web sites inventing these 9/11 "inside job" stories to begin with...and you've just admitted you're drinking their Kool aid.

The answer to the OP's question of "what made you first suspect the 9/11 official story was false" is pretty obvious, at this point.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
The way the towers fell does not make sense. It split like a banana pill from the top.

yeah thats when i thought that something was definitely not right....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For argument's sake let's say a plane actually hit the pentagon and everyone believed it. That's still 3 commercial airliners not getting intercepted.

That is a big deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join