It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you first suspect that the 9/11 official story was false.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Speaking for myself...the part about the terrorists passport flying out of his pocket, surviving the fireball/blazing wreckage of the plane and landed out in the open to be found.

I remember hearing that in the news and figuring the whole official story was not only fake, but also meant that something serious was in the works. Yet, this is the official story that is repeated everywhere.

That was also when I realized that 9/11 did not just trigger a war on "terror" but also the war on SANITY.

edit on 29-9-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yeah, that about did it for me too.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
For me it was the passport, coupled with the fact that the black boxes of the planes did not survive. It made me think that whatever material the Saudis use to make passports should be used also to make flight data recorders.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The obvious lack of evidence a huge passenger jet hitting the Pentagon and the field in Pennsylvania.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I think the fact that they knew too much too fast and tried to brush it under the rug gave it away. For one there is no way in hell anyone can just fly a plane over DC w/o getting shot down... Not to mention 2 over the greater metropolitan area of NYC. All these planes were off course for a matter of minutes and nothing had been done. I never trusted Bush and the look on his face looked as if he knew something ahead of time and was just thinking "There's no turning back now. It has begun."

Once the evidence came out I think the cut beams sealed it for me...
edit on 29-9-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: No it doesn't...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The Sears Tower was being constructed when I was in college. We could see it from campus. It was almost impossible to walk to class and not at least glance at it. My pledge father was an architect. So there was lots of talk in the frat about skyscrapers.

The mass of such a structure and the way the STEEL HAD TO BE DISTRIBUTED makes the idea of a measly airliner impact and fire from the fuel totally ridiculous as a cause for the TOTAL DESTRUCTION of those building.

I asked Richard Gage point blank about the distribution of steel and concrete. He looked at me like I had grown a second head and then gave me the LAME excuse of the NIST not releasing accurate blue prints.

It is the physics of gravity that determines how the steel has to be distributed in structures like that. It is like the Truth Movement is half of an endless charade to get people bored and dropping out of the useless blather. Where does AE911Truth just explain how the mass had to be distributed and why that makes collapse impossible? It is like they make the subject complicated so we NEED EXPERTS.

Where is all of the Physics Profession on this? Why do so many physicists say NOTHING? Why should we care about neutrinos going 1/400th of 1% faster than light and allow the government to finance their research if they won't settle problems this simple?

psik
edit on 29-9-2011 by psikeyhackr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Speaking for myself...the part about the terrorists passport flying out of his pocket, surviving the fireball/blazing wreckage of the plane and landed out in the open to be found.

I remember hearing that in the news and figuring the whole official story was not only fake, but also meant that something serious was in the works. Yet, this is the official story that is repeated everywhere.

Nahhh, you came to that conclusion becuase you were wallowing in conspiracy speculation long before the 9/11 attack. As for me, when I heard they supposedly found an intact passport, I instictively presumed the FBI got it from some illegal means (I.E. raiding Mohammed Atta's apartment without a warrant after the attack and siezing the passport) and came up with this cover story so they could still legally use the passport as evidence. Pure J. Edgar Hoover.

Technically, this is a conspiracy too, but you're siding in with your conspiracy instead of mine because my conspiracy sounds boring.
edit on 29-9-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

When I found out the official version of events was so obviously a pack of lies. also, when George Bush said "there will be no investigation", this rang alarm bells for me.

Also the 16 Foot missile hole in the pentagon where there is no way on earth a commerical airliner could fit in that tiny hole.

these criminals want to kill us all, time for them to be arrested and tried for war crimes and genocide.
edit on 29-9-2011 by TheMindWar because: typo

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I knew something was up when i heard a plane hit the pentagon so precisely and somehow they found the guys credentials.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is an easy one for me. Within 15 minutes after the first plane hitting the first tower the radio media in which i was listening too claimed it was Bin Laden? I was like hmm, everyone is in a state of animosity, and disconnect, and how in the hell do they know this?

Then when the Saudi Arabia jet departing with the laden family that was the only one to leave the U.S. air space when all other airports had been closed, another hmm!

Then my 5th grade education kicked in and I new it was a black-op by our hidden-secret government.

All i was waiting for was the next legislation that would be passed by this shock and awe, bull####.

Yes, indeed we the American people received the "Patriot Act" pulled directly out of the Nazi germany handbook of old.

The old words of the oligarchy hold so true today, "ORDER OUT OF CHAOS."

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
When I found out the BBC (Note: Main media source of news for this whole country) reported the event BEFORE it happened..

After asking loads of people, the best answer has been, "Well you know what its like in these situations, sometimes they got it wrong." I don't and never will ever buy that, from that day.. I stopped trusting the BBC, I found out more and realized just how much bull # this whole event was.

WHY has someone not hired some kind of hit man to take out these stupid idiots controlling and killing the rest of us? Why has justice not been served? Its all good and well talking about it on an internet forum but why isnt anything ACTUALLY happening about this?..... because were all afraid of being laughed at, or imprisoned for free thinking in countries which are meant to honor freedom.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hmmm, as soon as I saw Bush`s lips moving.

It`s also how we knew Tony Blair was lying as well.

There again, that probably accounts for about 99.9% of all of the worlds "leaders".

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Actually for me it began way before 9/11 when Daddy Bush admitted his disappointment that he had not finished the job in Iraq. I've noticed a time pattern in term of how long after being elected a POTUS will initiate a serious sqirmish or war, so 2+2 on election night of junior, = another war in Iraq. But they needed an excuse. scenario.

A relative and I watched a documentary on skyscrapers. Essentially it painted the towers as real white elephants, full of asbestos, very difficult to rent, a sitting duck for bombs, etc. At the same time, the US was really pushing incredulity in its foreign policy and being nasty in its speeches, etc, so much so that the people I worked with had bets on when the war in Iraq would be declared. We were bang on, by the way.

Anyhow on the morning in question we were online and working from home in front of the tv. We both thought it was cgi. Although we had not heard of the New Century document, we believed this was an insurance fraud scheme that was developed further. The anthrax attacks brought home the idea of a conspiracy designed to create panic and fear, we felt and that clinched it. After that, there was absolutely no way we could believe the highjacker story, even if they had physically been passengers on those planes. We wondered if the CIA had not just bought them tickets and invited them to a meeting or job opportunity somewhere. We felt they could have been scapegoats from the beginning, used in creating an excuse for war. Sorry if this upsets anyone, but that's really how we saw it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Building 7, it's all about building 7 for me. One building "pulled" all buildings pulled.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
As for myself it was the short amount of time as in approximately 1 hour before the towers had totally collapsed.

This raised my suspicions as well as the following media blitz .....fingering the hijackers with what evidence or proof ?

And not to forget Mohammed Atta's fireproof passport which not only survived the impact but also the ensuing carnage of the collapse of the entire WTC structure.

And then the mention that we were going to war pretty much sealed it for me....Bush's Dad and the Carlyle Group are investors in the defense industry.....war means much more money for them....the same with Cheney and Halliburton who got tons of contracts supplying the wars....

This pretty much sealed it for me...even before reading the Silverstein connection back to Israel and the massive amounts of money involved....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
fahrenheit 911..after watching that I started to question things...and don't hate on me for saying it..I wasn't into the whole ATS stuff back then.. I had no clue about all the stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

That was also when I realized that 9/11 did not just trigger a war on "terror" but also the war on SANITY.

edit on 29-9-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

I realized something was not right when I was watching it all live and building seven went down. I remember looking at my cousin, who was with me that day, and saying "that building was just demolitioned." There was no way that the building went down naturally, no way. I saw it with my own eyes and I know it was not a natural collapse. Then not even a week later Bush is on TV saying that there will be crazy conspiracy theories but not to beleive them, come on, that is fifth grader game and we are all "above" it

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I was sitting at a friends house watching the news live, only an hour or so after the first plane hit the WTC, the news cut to the lawn of the Pentagon, no wings, no fuselage, no cockpit... I said to my friends who had gathered at the flat "am I the only one who thinks this wasn't a plane?" Turns out I wasn't. I started looking into the official story immediately. I have been close to the fence a lot of the time, refusing to believe the American government wouldn't do such a thing, then you look into the missing trillions and the fact that the records for this were stored right where the Pentagon was hit. I wonder how many trillion it would cost to pull off 9/11 anyway?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
On that day i was working so had no access to any t.v so i turned on the radio on head phones. on the Radio they were talking about Explosions on the Ground floor. when i watched T.V later that evening they did not talk about those explosion. also the whole idea that terrorist took over a plane with box cutters...plz

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by psikeyhackr
So there was lots of talk in the frat about skyscrapers.

The mass of such a structure and the way the STEEL HAD TO BE DISTRIBUTED makes the idea of a measly airliner impact and fire from the fuel totally ridiculous as a cause for the TOTAL DESTRUCTION of those building.

Wow. Well if this conspiracy was talked about in a frat house, that certainly gives it legitimacy
Seriously though, I am an architect and I have no idea what you're trying to say about "the way the steel had to be distributed". The design of the twin towers was such that they did not have "field" columns, all the columns were located in the core area. The "core" is kept to the center of the building and is where you locate vertical transportation, restrooms, exit corridors, mechanical & electrical rooms, vertical shafts, etc. Placing all the columns in the core as was done at the twin towers allows more lease space flexibility (it's a huge bonus when you can offer a client lease space that is free of columns). The "measly" airliner impact was not what brought the structures down, that's obvious from the videos. But you are greatly underestimating the power of fire. These buildings did not have sprinkler systems, so they were susceptible to serious damage by any kind of a fire if it wasn't put out before burning through the steel's fireproofing. Offices are chock full of flammable material, not just all the paper but even the fabrics and woods in the furniture are highly flammable. Douse all that in aviation fuel and you've got a serious fire that will burn extremely hot for hours. I'm not sure if the column fireproofing in those buildings was 1 hour or 2 hour rated, but regardless, once it's burned through there's nothing protecting the steel. If the fires had been near the top there would have been no problem, but because they were so far down there was a tremendous load bearing down on those columns and once they started deforming from the fire they would have failed and all the upper floors would have collapsed just like you see in the videos. The problem here is there was no sprinkler system and there was no quick and easy way for firefighters to get to the upper floors to battle the fires once the elevators were shut down. So the fire just raged out of control while the firefighters tried to make their way slowly up the stairwells (while people were egressing). It was a perfect storm of bad mojo.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join