It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Million dollar test of psychics - Starts next tuesday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
We have this local TV gameshow in Australia called 'Deal or no Deal'. There are 24 closed suitcases containing amounts of 50c to $2000000, numbered 1-24. The aim being to pick the 2 million dollar one. Usually the top amount is $200000. Anyway for a week they've bumped the prizemoney up and are going to bring psychics on to see how they go.

I'll update you after I've seen the show and tell you how they went.

Here's the Channel 7 link :

www.seven.com.au...

[edit on 1-9-2004 by mad scientist]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That's fantastic!

Please do keep us up to speed on how the psychics do. Could be a disaster if they're all a little psychic and real lucky.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
That's fantastic!

Please do keep us up to speed on how the psychics do. Could be a disaster if they're all a little psychic and real lucky.

Spiderj

For the show maybe, but if they all won ( which has only been done once on 12 months ) then some sceptics maybe scratching their heads
Unfortunately it probably wouldn't be accepted as proof.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
how much do people usually win on the show?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sorry I should have made that more clear, that I meant a disaster for the show.

It'd be great television though.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Heh

If ya were actualy physic (or just lucky) then they gonna be rich

Sounds like its gonna be a great show

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Also please (if they fail) tell us some of the excuses the physics use

I remember when the physic who bends spoons in the U.K said david beckham missed his football penalty in the world cup because he accidently got his energy's allinement wrong heh

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
how much do people usually win on the show?

The top highest suitcase is normally $200000 but they have multiplied the money in all the suitcases by 10 (for the psychics ). So if they can pick the top case they would win $2miliion.

Normally people if they go well would win 30-40 000.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I wonder how they screen for being psychic for the show. I bet anyone would love a 1 in 24 chance of getting 2000000 dollars. I suddenly feel psychic. How do I sign up?

[edit on 28-8-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I wonder how they screen for being psychic for the show. I bet anyone would love a 1 in 24 chance of getting 2000000 dollars. I suddenly feel psychic. How do I sign up?

Telephone book
No, they have vetted them, I don't know what the criteria is.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Sounds like fun, I wish there was a show like that here I could laugh at all the people who guess wrong

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's only a 4.17% chance. Personally i'd make the chances even more slim, like 30 suitcases would give them a 3.3% chance. hrm.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
how many attempts do they have?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi
That's only a 4.17% chance. Personally i'd make the chances even more slim, like 30 suitcases would give them a 3.3% chance. hrm.

I'll try and find a link which explains how the show works, but the chances of winning $2million is extremely low.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
They had the first episode yesterday, it was a dismal failure. They even let her hold a red scarf which had only touched the case with $2million. Lets just say that she wasn't even close. An absolute farce; well this episode anyway - 4 to go.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Which suitcase did she pick? What was the dollar value of that? If it was zero that's just funny. What was the "Psychics" name.

Spiderj

top topics

join