It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knesset to vote on annexing West Bank

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I am glad to see this topic being discussed. It is disturbing to see how many people on this website are willing to speak about the people of Israel and Palestine as if they are pieces in a board game. This type of attitude is the same attitue their leaders share.

I will try to keep this as neutral as possible. The thing is, it is difficult to remain neutral when their clearly is a guitly aggressor. The guilty aggressor is Israel, hands down. This is undisputable. Recent events prove this.

This bill that they put forward is proof that Israel is using provocations to further their agenda. I'ts a win-win situation for them either way. They can't lose considering the support they get from other rich nations.

The Israel/Palestine conflict reminds me of David and Goliath. Israel is Goliath. I hope David is victorious.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by real_one

They can't lose considering the support they get from other rich nations.

IMO, the leaders of those nations that blindly support Israel are finding it harder and harder to make excuses for Israeli actions..
They know the people that elect them are not stupid and are waking up..

I believe it's coming to a head very soon..
Even the US is finding it difficult not to condemn current Israeli actions although they do it in the mildest possible terms..

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

To derail some more. I worked in Amman and Tel-Aviv two years ago, one month in each place, and I can only relate my experience. The warmth of the arab people was a contrast to the jewish people's arrogance. It was mostly evident in the markets where in one place customers were welcomed while in the other you felt like a nuisance. Main stream media definitely does not portray the real picture of these people.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrEcho

Mate, you should have been around in the early days of Acland st, St Kilda..

If looks could kill I would have died hundreds of times in the eyes of the Jews that owned most of the street..

Luckily I had many Jewish friends in school and just considered those shop owners as abnormal..

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
To Mr Echo a Backinblack.

I have spoken to many people who I know to be truthful who have confirmed what you have both mentioned. This arrogance will only get worse if the West Bank gets annexed. I shudder to think that a large portion of the Settlers share the same mentality of that YouTube video showing the drunken Israli settlers harassing the Christian who happened to have a camera with him.

As long as the Israelis allow this type of attitude to flourish, their judgement shall be flawed.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
How can anyone defend Israels actions as of late? How can they sit with a straight face and say things like "Israel has a right to exist" while denying Palestinians right to exist?

They use the excuse of Hamas firing rockets to justify their actions. They, as always, exaggerate the number of rockets fired in the past. If Hamas fires off say 2 rockets, suddenly you will get the Israeli apologists saying "oh Hamas fired thousands of rockets into Israel". Meanwhile, have we forgotten the fact that Israel has hundreds of nuclear weapons?!?! Last time I checked, Palestinians didn't poses F-16's, F-16s or AH-1W Super Cobras to flex their muscles with. Israel does. So who is really being oppressed?

Did you know that every time Israel takes over a Palestinians home, a buffer zone immediately goes up around that home? No Palestinians are allowed within a certain distance of that home once it is taken over. So every single time Israel brings in their "teddy bears" (a name they call their giant bulldozers) and destroyed a Palestinian home, Palestinians are (under Israeli law) immediately banned from even so much as walking through the area.

Listen facts are facts. There will NEVER be peace between the two so long as Palestine doesn't even have their OWN RIGHT to exist. Israel and their blind-faith followers seem to have this impression that if Palestine is recognized, it will immediately turn into war. Why? Because they know if land is returned, the Israelis will not give it up? Why do you think they are going for this annexation of the West Bank now? They are trying to snatch up as much land as they can. While they can. So that once Israel and its slaves go against this bid in the UN, Israel will just be left with even more land, while even more Palestinians will become homeless.

And lets get one thing very clear right now. God didn't give any land to Israel. Israelis are not "entitled" to that land. Jews are not "the chosen people". There is no divine right of any Israeli to live where they do. Religious viewpoints have absolutely NOTHING to do with this situation. If you want to sit home and believe that your "god" chose people over others for land rights, so be it. But your religious views do not trump others. And that is why religion has no bearing here.

As a side note, perhaps I will write a book. I will claim that god chose me and claims that all of the United States belongs to my friends. I guess that would give them the right then to bulldoze homes, steal, and murder everyone living in the US. Hey.... a book said "god" said so.

Here is a lovely Israeli woman.. calling for all of Gaza to be wiped out. Where is the outrage here?

Wow.. such a peace loving bunch of people here. Right? Doesn't Israel hold as much "religious" value to Christians as it does Jews? I guess that doesn't matter.

God GAVE THEM this land

Yup.. God gave it to em...

edit on 30-9-2011 by DerekJR321 because: typo and added videos because im really sick of certain members of Israel

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have'nt heard anything about this in the news. Does anyone have an update as to whether or not the vote was a success?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Did you know that every time Israel takes over a Palestinians home, a buffer zone immediately goes up around that home? No Palestinians are allowed within a certain distance of that home once it is taken over. So every single time Israel brings in their "teddy bears" (a name they call their giant bulldozers) and destroyed a Palestinian home, Palestinians are (under Israeli law) immediately banned from even so much as walking through the area.

I was not aware of the buffer zone. I thank you for sharing that information.

I wonder what life will be like for the Arabs that remain if the West Bank is annexed. It's bad enough as it is. The sad thing is they will have no where to go other than refugee camps in Lebanon or Jordan. Gaza is full and the Arab land size is constanly shrinking in the West Bank so there is nowhere else for them to relocate.

Surely this will lead to yet another humanitarian crisis. All in the god shameful name of Zionism. Anyone who can support these actions must be less than human.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

The vote isn't supposed to happen until late October. I will make sure to update this thread and maybe start a new one once the vote is done, if no one beats me to it.

I also have not heard anything about this in the news other than the source I linked to in my OP. This is the second contraversial announcement from Israel this week. Israel also announced 1600 new homes to be built in East Jerusalem.

Israel okay's 1,600 settler homes

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by MrEcho

Please show me where I am dishonest.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by hdutton

I can't help but wonder if there is not something "a little on the wrong side" of annexing a part of an established state into another country.

I have a feeling such actions may be frowned upon by others in the international community.

Would this not be much like the U S annexing a part, or all, of Canada into the U S ?

Since the other guy could not answer the question, I will propose it to you.

What country does the land belong to?

It doesn't appear this ever received the answer it deserves (apologies if it has my search didnt uncover it)....

Well it certainly doesn't belong to Israel! Israel isn't even a country. It's a state.

By a fair appropriation of history, the land belongs to the Palestinian people (a people who fairly shouldn't even be called Palestinian as it was only a name coined for them by colonialist pen pushers and land grabbers). But those tribes living there throughout Turkish rule are the ones who should be entitled to the land as it is there generations who have survived off of it. Not those who claim a link to it through historical and religious tomes.

If we are to view the recent events in the past few generations (those generations who still realistically can claim an emotional connection to the events and thus the land) then it would appear the Palestinian inhabitants and not the Jewish immigrants, had first been promised the land as part of the McMahon agreement which preceeded the Balfour declaration.

The land is the Palestinian's home which they were systematically removed from.

on the other hand...

The land Is Israel's grail (or perceived home) which they believe is there's.

In all sensible logic, losing ones dreams can never amount to the same as losing ones home.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Surely Isreal can see that building more homes on contested land will make a two state solution impossible. I honestly can't fathom why they are doing that, 1600 more homes i'm floored i really am just speachless now.

Thanks for sharing that 1600 more homes "i guess". That's another story i had not heard about, i swear there is a media blackout in the USA when it comes to these mideast issues.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

What a joke.
You try to refute the 1000's of rocket and mortar attacks claim by saying: “ In fact THIS YEAR ONLY 173 rockets have been fired and 195 mortars which is a total of 368 “ ? As if it sums up the 1000's attacks carried out by the Palestinians since early 2000.
you arrogantly add “ONLY”, as if it's firecrackers were dealing with here, or as if 368 attacks is a negligible number. And lastly “only one dead”. Yes, Israel should apologize for protecting its own people.
You make me sick.
Put your money where your mouth is, go live in Israel for awhile and tell us how it feels to be under constant terror attacks. What it's like to feel the fragments and shock wave of “ only 173 rockets and 195 mortars” .

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

The 1600 homes in E J were announced last year but were put on hold due to pressure from Obama and Biden.
My opinion is that Abass's bid for UN membership angered the hardliners in Israel and now they are retaliating out of greed induced induced temper tantrums like a child would do.

I also think the bill to annex the West Bank is another tactic they are using to retaliate. Netanyahu did threaten unspecific unilateral actions if Palestine proceeded to seek UN membership. I believe this was first mentioned earlier this year.

Israel threatens unilateral steps if UN recognizes Palestinian state

Israel informed the 15 members of the United Nations Security Council last week, as well as several other prominent European Union countries, that if the Palestinian Authority persists in its efforts to gain recognition in September as a state within the 1967 borders, Israel would respond with a series of unilateral steps of its own.

I personally believe annexing the West Bank is one of these steps. I also believe that this may have been planned for a while now.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Oh geez, not you again.

Please show me where I am dishonest.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Either show me directly where I have lied, or you are getting reported.

Okay, here are a couple of them.

One and a half million Arabs live in Israel, constituting about 20 percent of that country's population. They have the same rights as all other Israeli citizens.

Lie number 1: Arabs do not have the same rights as Israelis. You already admitted the checkpoints exist. They are also restricted from having family members visit them. That is just a couple examples. Do you not admit this is true?

Arabs in Israel live freer lives than Arabs living anywhere in the Arab world. No Arab in any Arab country has the civil rights and personal liberty that Arabs in Israel enjoy.

Lie number 2: Arabs in other countries can usually travel as they please. It is easier for an Egyptian, Jordanian, or even people from the United Arab Emirates to travel abroad and return without incident, compared to a Palestinian. If you don't believe me check with their embassies. The source you provided is once again laughable. If you call white phosphorus shelling and apartheid civil rights and personal liberty you can have it.

I could probably sit here all day and pick your posts apart, but I don't have time to debate Israeli apertheid.

You still going to report me?

Does any of that refresh your memory? If not perhaps you should read the thread again.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

“If you want to play the quote game I can do the same:”

no you can't. You just proved you can act like a parrot.
You actually went to an Anti Semite web sites, copy paste , word for word without even knowing what you are talking about and without even verifying those quotes.
You need to do some reading:
www.israelforum.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just so people know the West Bank is realy Judea.The muslims took it over in reality.But both Palestinians and Israelis should both live together peacefully.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

What a joke.
You try to refute the 1000's of rocket and mortar attacks claim by saying: “ In fact THIS YEAR ONLY 173 rockets have been fired and 195 mortars which is a total of 368 “ ? As if it sums up the 1000's attacks carried out by the Palestinians since early 2000.
you arrogantly add “ONLY”, as if it's firecrackers were dealing with here, or as if 368 attacks is a negligible number. And lastly “only one dead”. Yes, Israel should apologize for protecting its own people.
You make me sick.
Put your money where your mouth is, go live in Israel for awhile and tell us how it feels to be under constant terror attacks. What it's like to feel the fragments and shock wave of “ only 173 rockets and 195 mortars” .

Unreal man how ridiculous the arguements these people try to come up with.Israel could have wiped out Palestine by now.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Unreal man how ridiculous the arguements these people try to come up with.Israel could have wiped out Palestine by now.

BREAKING NEWS!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Israel has been systematically wiping out the Palestinians for over 60 years now. Annexing the West Bank is just another step in the process. Where have you been Joby?

Ridiculous argument indeed...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You're being dishonest to yourself if you do not see what Israel really is.
edit on 30-9-2011 by MrEcho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join