It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knesset to vote on annexing West Bank

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Awesome!

My brother claims an address that he has been living at for 15 years, but he does not own it.

Palestine has never been sovereign, and until they can get statehood, the land is up for grabs, because it is in a vacuum right now.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 10/1/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Not even close dude.

Check the first or second page for how "bad" they have it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by backinblack

Please. Come back to earth
Since time immemorial people have been claiming and owning land.
Now all of a sudden it does not matter?
Get real.

No mate, YOU GET REAL..

Even the US Government is coming out against the ILLEGAL SETTLEMENTS...

Are you really that ignorant that you believe Israel is a law unto themselves??

People are getting sick of their arrogance and biased view..

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

My brother claims an address that he has been living at for 15 years, but he does not own it.

As long as your brother did not lock up the original people living there behind cages in the backyard, its all good.

However in the case of Israel....

well, you get my point./

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Sorry, the second person in this is lemon. Only the last phrase is mine. Like I said, I'm new here.

Originally posted by davidboullata

Have you considered that at the time of Jesus there was already a sizeable population of Jews living in what was to become Europe, from Southern France and up through Germany specifically? And that it was the descendants of those Jews who 2-thousand years later, arrived on the shores of Palestine demanding "their" country back?

Agreed.

When the Romans renamed the land Philistine it was to spite the Jews who were living in The Holy Land after their failed rebellion and to rob them of their nationhood....where exactly do you think those people went? Really?? Where did they all go? Did all the Jews just get up and leave and the Romans trucked in a new population of non-Jewish Semites? No. They stayed there, they worked the land, they built their cities and re-built their cities endured invasion after invasion after invasion...they adopted the languages of their new masters...and indeed they adopted the religions of their new masters, too.

I agree.

It doesn't take an anthropologist to see that the Palestinians of today are the direct descendants of the ...whether you're looking at side-to-side photographs of European Jews and Palestinians...or looking down through a telescope at DNA.

Again, I agree.

I do believe that they are related.

Stop being naïve, Palestine is just a name...

Then why not drop the crap and become part of Israel?

They are not fighting for a name on a map...

Oh no?

they are fighting for their rights as human beings...they are fighting for their rights to be recognized...and who are we to deny them that?

Cool. Let them have their rights, by all means.

At this point in time though, they are in a limbo, and upset because a country is trying to fill that void. Only way to fix it is actual statehood or being annexed by a neighboring country.

To suggest that the Palestinians become Israelites is SOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculus !!!!!!! I want some of that stuff lemon ismoking.
edit on 1-10-2011 by MrEcho because: corrections

edit on 1-10-2011 by MrEcho because: point

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

how righ you are

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I waant you to tell me why you ignored all the NUMBERS thrown at you by Derek

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

I'm glad that you agree with the things I wrote...I do believe that we're getting somewhere. :0)

Then why not drop the crap and become part of Israel?

Here's where I think you still need some work.

Israel (for the most part) is a Jewish state. If you're not Jewish you can't live there, period. Israel was created in a region which was mostly Muslim. How can you have a Jewish exclusive state in a mostly Muslim place? You need to move that population. And they did through coercion and brutal force when they had to. See the 1948 "War of Independence"

Israel was created in Palestine as an exclusive place for the Jews of the World. The truth, is that it was the Wests way of getting rid of a "problem population" in their society...by ghettoizing them. Considering the way the West viewed the Middle East in those days it made sense I guess... (see Orientalism) I still don't understand how Jews have accepted this idea of ghettoization...but I digress.

The first Jews who arrived from Europe in the late 1800s, blended beautifully into Palestinian society. They took up farming or used their other skills in the cities. Under Ottoman occupation Palestinians all lived happily together: Jew, Christian and Muslim lining up for the movies together in the evening. Working together and visiting each others shops in the cities. It was understood that the Muslim kids would not be at school on Fridays, the Jews would be absent on Saturdays and the Christians would not be in on Sundays...it was understood and not questioned. They respected each others religious customs and were united as Palestinians. That was Palestinian society before WWI and the British Mandate.

Life was well balanced. And then Western powers decided that Palestine should be broken apart...one part for the growing population of Jewish immigrants and the rest for the non-Jewish "natives".

To answer your question, it's not that Palestinians need to become part of Israel (it's just not possible...the Jewish exclusivity rule) ...it's that Israel needs to return to being a part of Palestine.

Let them have their rights [Palestinians], by all means.

At this point in time though, they are in a limbo, and upset because a country is trying to fill that void [with bombs and home demolitions??]. Only way to fix it is actual statehood or being annexed by a neighboring country.

Once you understand the recent history of Palestine (the last 100 years), it is easy to see that the problem was created with the introduction of a Jewish state in Palestine.

I tell everybody who will listen that in order to move forward on the Palestinian question the region needs to be re-united.

In 1948 Palestine was shattered into 2 un-equal parts...in 2011 the solution is to create ONE nation that recognizes their differences and embraces them. The name doesn't matter...the PEOPLE matter.

"Make the Holy Land Whole!"

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

All this over a damned plot of dirt, i swear its like watching 5 year olds fight over toys, minus the rockets and bombs. Someone needs to set these 2 nations down and give them a proverbial "spanking", since thats what you do to children who refuse to behave and act a fool more often than not.

I find it strange that a christian refers to that land as "a plot of dirt".
Well if thats how you see things, fine. To the Arabs living there before there the modern state of Israel was forme, see it as their home.

If the jews suffered in Germany, make their country in Germany at the expense of Germany... not in that "plot of dirt" at the expense of people who had nothing to do with jewish suffering ijn WW2. After the defeat of the Nazis, the jews could have enjoyed protection and continued to live in Europe... but no... they are given that "plot of dirt", like you say and basically started all the problems in the middle east.

And conveniently, all problems in the middle-east involving jews are blamed on the muslims... who have been living there for a long, long time.

edit on 30-9-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

I am able to view that land as a "plot of dirt" because thats what it is. All land belongs to God, not just one specific piece of land. He made it all and it is His. Who am I to say he didn't give them that land starting in Abraham's time? Who are you to say he didn't? Neither of us were there so we have no right to dispute the validity of their beliefs.

Yes i am a christian, and i don't need a plot of dirt on earth, i'm going to lose it anyway when i die and i can't take it with me, I'd be happy at the feet of the Lord for all eternity if i could just be his footstool, because at his feet is where i will always will want to be.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

First, God is not a real estate broker. Has never been in that business...never will be.

Second, God doesn't have feet...so he wouldn't need a footstool...sorry to disappoint.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I am able to view that land as a "plot of dirt" because thats what it is. All land belongs to God, not just one specific piece of land. He made it all and it is His. Who am I to say he didn't give them that land starting in Abraham's time? Who are you to say he didn't? Neither of us were there so we have no right to dispute the validity of their beliefs.

Of course, God made it all and every inch of the universe belongs to Him.
That does NOT mean we turn a blind eye to injustices committed here on this world, involving "plots of dirt".
If the jews are guilty of taking over another mans home (which they are).... then you at the very least, should NOT excuse them with reasoning such as "All land belongs to God".

There was a good reason why laws such as "You shall not covet your neighbor’s house." exists in the first place. (Refer to: Exodus 20:17)

Yes i am a christian, and i don't need a plot of dirt on earth, i'm going to lose it anyway when i die and i can't take it with me, I'd be happy at the feet of the Lord for all eternity if i could just be his footstool, because at his feet is where i will always will want to be.

Very noble.
Yet you seem to be defending the jews/Israelis when it comes to them running that plot of "dirt", here on earth.
I would love to hear you preach this "plot of dirt" idea to the israelis and people who defend Israeli claim to that plot of "dirt".
Go on... tell your christian/ jewish friends that its better to have the muslims have that plot of "dirt" and make their homes on it.

I mean, when they all die, they cant take it with them, right??
edit on 1-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

so uare saying ZIONISTS and JEWS can live in the land but not arabs?? why??

ITS ARABS LAND WHY SHOULD THEY MOVE??
its better if coward ZIONISTS kill more babies and women and children right??

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

They were there before the Palestinians, over 4,000 years ago. Get over it, they aren't going anywhere, as they can finally defend themselves from the psychopath's of history who wish to extinguish them once more.

The question you returned on me is an easy one, ever heard of King David?

What else do you got?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyNailer

They were there before the Palestinians, over 4,000 years ago. Get over it, they aren't going anywhere, as they can finally defend themselves from the psychopath's of history who wish to extinguish them once more.

What else do you got?

HOW CAN U JUSTIFY THE MURDER OF BABIES CHILDREN WOMEN AND CIVILIAN ON AID SHIPS??? u cant!
stop trying to make ZIONISTS look like good ppl bcuz ur just making urself look uninformed and uneducated.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomForGaza

o_O

I am not saying that at all. Read my posts again.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

We made peace with the natives and had a formal end to hostilities. We gave them land separate from us and they are a protected class who still is reimbursed for it by the Federal Gov.

Tell me what country you're from and I'll tell you the people you stole that land from...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyNailer

What else do you got?

Ever heard of the Canaanites... you know, the folks who were living there BEFORE biblical Israel was formed?...
you know, the folks who the Israelites went all Nazi on?.... "killing everything that breathes" and all that?

Read the old testament again.

edit on 1-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomForGaza

Originally posted by RustyNailer

What else do you got?

HOW CAN U JUSTIFY THE MURDER OF BABIES CHILDREN WOMEN AND CIVILIAN ON AID SHIPS??? u cant!
stop trying to make ZIONISTS look like good ppl bcuz ur just making urself look uninformed and uneducated.

That aid ship script was written by Pallywood, thats exactly what they wanted to happen. How can you justify the killing of innocent Israelis by rockets and mortars fire at them daily?

Oh and BTW, Jordan is actually Palestine... Leave the poor Jews alone you racist bigot!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It funny how you're willing to quote the Bible when you think it serves you...In that same reference then, GOD gave this land to the Jews. If God said that, how can you challenge God?

I hope bigots will one day see the error of their ways..till then the Jews are there, get over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join