It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Leader, "only property owners ahould be alowed to vote".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well if you want a good, overall demograhpic vote then everybody should be able to vote cause if you limit it to only "property" owners then you are also limiting opinions.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Oh noes! Our leader spoke! Well, I guess we have to march lockstep because our leader spoke.

Oh, wait-a-minute!!

He's not MY leader, and I'm not a progressive. So I guess I don't HAVE to do what my "leadership" tells me.

Indeed. I may poke fun at some Tea Party folks occasionally but it's not fair when they get blamed for the bad ones and get no credit for the good ones. It's like being blamed for something somebody does because they share your ethnicity.

If it ever becomes an official party then these sort of stories will hold some salt but for now I'll just take a grain of it when I read them.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
yeah well i say

to those who think that property should be voted to themselves

shouldnt have the right to vote

just wonder how many people will get that?

probably not too many.

and how many times the tea party has no leadership we are not a collective mind

nah WE ARE NOT THE BORG.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

to those who think that property should be voted to themselves

shouldnt have the right to vote

In other words, you agree with this idiot.

And who thinks that "property should be voted to themselves" more, the wealthy elites who commandeer the lions share of resources from the government or the middle class "moochers" (as Fox "news" calls them)?

Maybe you and Judson Phillips need remedial lessons in how everyone who can call themselves a citizen has the right to vote, and that the founding fathers created a representative government - not one representing only the "haves".

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Oh noes! Our leader spoke! Well, I guess we have to march lockstep because our leader spoke.

He is one of the major tea party leaders, and regardless of whether you insist the tea parties are not cohesive, there are drivers of the movement, namely individuals like this fella here, will speak over the movement of a whole and wear the tea party banner proudly.

Do you disagree with him? If you do, you have little say in the matter, but clearly you don't care.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

In other words, you agree with this idiot.

something i didnt say hence the "in other words" nice try to twist the post to suit your own agenda

And who thinks that "property should be voted to themselves" more, the wealthy elites who commandeer the lions share of resources from the government or the middle class "moochers" (as Fox "news" calls them)?

in this country WE HAVE PROPERTY RIGHTS which means the mob rule can not vote themselves someone elses property no matter how the feel.

read up on the constitution minority rights are protected in a myraid of ways tough luck.

and the simple fact why the less fortunate always vote democratic is because they vote themselves money

which is property.

and please come up with an original thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Do you disagree with him? If you do, you have little say in the matter, but clearly you don't care.

Of course I disagree with him
*scoff*
But why give this idiot even the presumption of leadership?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I’m so glad America will not vote these evil terrorist people into office, im just so glad America has become more smarter then ever when it comes to the whole picture of life.

The American people already understand the out come of a republican tea party minded president if one of those things became in office, more wars, and more money spent on building war machines, the elderly will be out on the streets, and the rich will get richer as usual in a republican america.

I wonder if the poor Spanish, black and white people stopped working all of the sudden, I wonder can the rich home owners stabilize the economy by them selves since they don’t mean sh@# to the tea party minded republicans.

I feel so sorry for God and his plan he once had for a good earth and good people, its sad that over 300million people have to put there one life into the hands of about hundred ungodly like human beings.

I dont understand why people in the unitedstates have to go though so much just to live life and be happy in life...i just dont understand.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Of course I disagree with him
*scoff*
But why give this idiot even the presumption of leadership?

He is one of the tea party leaders. There are tea party leaders in your movement are there not? He also sits up on one of the largest tea party factions, and his opinions represent those of members who consider themselves tea partiers.... so what do you expect? Really?

If other tea party leaders object, they'd come out and clarify their differences, but what's this? *silence*. Doesn't sound non-cohesive to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

in this country WE HAVE PROPERTY RIGHTS which means the mob rule can not vote themselves someone elses property no matter how the feel.

And how did you get to that??

This guy Phillips is saying that only people who own property should be allowed to vote.

No one here (except you) is saying that any mob is trying to "vote themselves someone else's property". Not even this lunatic Phillips is trying to suggest that. Congratulations for completely going off on a tangent.

This is why most people distance themselves from the TPM, because an idiot like Phillips christens himself a TPM leader and the GOP treats him like a leader because of all the money he brings in for them in the way of donations. Then he goes on to make extremist right-wing remarks like this that spits in the face of the constitution. Not one GOP candidate has refuted anything Phillips has said or done. Gingrich and Palin in particular love to hobnob with this guy.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I guess this means that if you don't own property you don't count.

I mean seriously, how many more items are they going to try and suggest that should be that in fact abridges and infringes upon people before the people finally get the message that they do not represent you or America.

The evidence is mounting yet people do not care. BTW, this is what they want, to disenfranchise millions of voters by denying this, and denying you that.

A vote for them is a vote against America, freedom and democracy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

There is no freedom under democracy.

The moron mass is a fearful, vengeful and cowardly lot. Democracy is the quickest way to complete tyranny. Allowing any mass to rule any individual is not freedom.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Praise be, Blackmarketeer. Praise be ye for showing me the Tea Party Nation and giving me infinite ammunition in all Tea Party threads. A million thank yous.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So property owners should be the only aloud voters…that makes a lot of sense, seeing there actually is no one who owns out right his/her property.

Stop paying the taxes and "YOUR" property is gone,

see we all are renters regardless.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
Property taxes make all of us renters, I'm afraid.
Just who are the "property owners" this guy is talking about?

and renters pay taxes, how does a landlord pay property, water, sewage taxes?
with the rent money.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Well, I'll tell you what, "no taxation without representation" comes to mind here. If I'm not allowed to vote, then I shouldn't have to pay taxes.

Correction: I'm not bloody well going to pay taxes - period.
edit on 29-9-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

that's cool, I hope you don't drive on any roads, send any kids to school, collect any benefits, or enjoy any other benefit gov't provide

then you would just be a common thief

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Then only the government could vote, you think you own your property?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

This is a plutocracy of "The Enterprise" not a government of the people, by the people, for the people.

Btw you forgot about all the foreign plutocrats.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

If true I think that's absurd. People are dismissive of my view that only US citizens born in this country should be allowed to vote or participate government of any kind as well though. I guess to each there own. I am not the only crackpot out there I suppose.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

can you get any closer to saying, only the rich may vote, poor people should not have the same rights.

it is well know this would be unlikely to effect the rich who own a property of some sort, whilst the not so rich only some will own property and the very poor none will own property. there may be one or two execptions but mainly that is how it is.

so they are saying poor people should not be allowed to vote. what next? only private jet owners should beable to vote?
edit on 29-9-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join