It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did I "See" Last Night?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's been a few days now and I've yet to experience any similar occurrences.... I had been starting meditation and listening to binaural beats for a few days beforehand, so maybe I "overdid" it or something. I'll keep an eye on this topic and will be sure to update with anything new that I experience.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

could this be what you saw?
masterchief must be near by!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Very interesting OP. I think you're being honest, but I do have some questions though:

>Have you ever had any experience like this before?
>Have you ever attempted to call on entities to get them to manifest?
>When you got the impression of this creature what did you feel?
>Have you ever seen or heard of anything that could influence a sighting like this?
>How did you feel after the sighting?
>Where you tired when this occurred?
>Do you think anything more mundane could have caused this?

Again, I'm not just being a skeptic. I honestly would like to know, because frankly I don't have an answer for it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

I have no idea what you really saw.
But there is always the possibility that you saw something extraordinary.

thanks for sharing it with us.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loligag
Very interesting OP. I think you're being honest, but I do have some questions though:

1) Have you ever had any experience like this before?
2) Have you ever attempted to call on entities to get them to manifest?
3) When you got the impression of this creature what did you feel?
4) Have you ever seen or heard of anything that could influence a sighting like this?
5) How did you feel after the sighting?
6) Where you tired when this occurred?
7) Do you think anything more mundane could have caused this?

Again, I'm not just being a skeptic. I honestly would like to know, because frankly I don't have an answer for it.

1) Nope, nothing like it. I don't particularly believe in the supernatural (ghosts, etc), but I am tempted to believe in other intelligent life somewhere in the universe.

2) Never. Not for any religious reason (I'm atheist) or any other reason at all.

3) I felt afraid and intimidated. Again, I don't know if it was just from the shock of it, but I felt a strong urge to just get away from it.

4) I really don't know... I can't think of anything in the short-term that would have inspired it. I've been on this site for a long time (before officially joining), so I'm pretty immune to all the out-there stuff that gets posted.

5) Relieved to be away from it... curious about what it was... anxious about future "encounters"

6) Not particularly. It was around 11pm and I'd been up since around 6am, but that's all normal for me. I don't generally start feeling "tired" until after midnight.

7) I would think so, but I have no idea what it would be. There was nothing physically there and I have yet to experience any similar feelings or "sightings" since then.

Thanks for the interest... hopefully one day I'll understand it better.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots

1) Nope, nothing like it. I don't particularly believe in the supernatural (ghosts, etc), but I am tempted to believe in other intelligent life somewhere in the universe.

2) Never. Not for any religious reason (I'm atheist) or any other reason at all.

3) I felt afraid and intimidated. Again, I don't know if it was just from the shock of it, but I felt a strong urge to just get away from it.

4) I really don't know... I can't think of anything in the short-term that would have inspired it. I've been on this site for a long time (before officially joining), so I'm pretty immune to all the out-there stuff that gets posted.

5) Relieved to be away from it... curious about what it was... anxious about future "encounters"

6) Not particularly. It was around 11pm and I'd been up since around 6am, but that's all normal for me. I don't generally start feeling "tired" until after midnight.

7) I would think so, but I have no idea what it would be. There was nothing physically there and I have yet to experience any similar feelings or "sightings" since then.

Thanks for the interest... hopefully one day I'll understand it better.

Thanks for answering my questions

All I can tell you, that I believe you genuinely saw something out of the ordinary. What you saw, I have no idea, but I'm thinking it could have been some thing from another dimension. Have other people in your neighborhood seen things that they couldn't explain? Do you live somewhere with a lot of paranormal activity?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'm trying to imagine what you seen but I just can't.

Did you have a vehicle ready? that's the first thing I would've done if I seen something supernatural like that.

Get on the road with the lights on full and get a good look.

I live out in the country and I have a small dog who I take outside everynight before I go to bed and I know what you mean about that feeling, I consider myself overly brave when it comes to darkness outdoors but there's been 1 or 2 nights this year where as soon as I opened the backdoor to go outside something just didn't feel right, so I just stood at the door while my dog goes out and does his business, I didn't notice anything strange with him so maybe it was just me?

I'll just have to man up and go out next time I get that feeling.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've posted about this on ATS many times, usually in discussions about Shadow People, but I'll repeat it since it is a somewhat similar experience to yours, though there are clear differences. One night, several months ago, may have been last winter but I'm lousy at recalling precisely when, I had to walk my dog in the very late night. She is a big dog who needs a lot of walks throughout the day and night or she does not settle well and we get no peace. So I or my husband are out with her at odd hours. I often pull the late shift, anywhere between 1 am to 4 am with this beast. Normally the scariest thing I ever see is aggressive and overly curios deer, and the occasional fox. We have no raccoons or other beasties about. I always put on the backyard floodlights and go out, and the front yard and street are well lit, too. So that is the background. On this night, I took my dog through the back yard, and as we were getting close to the side yard, a shadow aboutnthe size and shape of an American badger, meaning low to the ground, glided really fast between me and my leashed dog. I saw it was NOT an animal and appeared to have no substance at all, but existed as a shadowy blob. I was not the only one who saw it. My dog jumped and looked startled and tried to follow but the thing had passed so quickly and left no scent for her to track so she merely pulled me further to the side yard.

From the back part of the side yard, I looked up toward the street. My house is at the end of the street, so when I look up I will see houses to the left and right of mine, facing each other across the street. I saw a man sized shadow, though much taller than average, possibly close to seven feet tall, with a bit of a hunched over aspect, and it paused maybe a second, maybe not, hard for me to say and seemed to see me, then continued to cross the street, going from my left ton the right, finally disappearing into a neighbor's yard.

There are some odd things that did happen to that family in that house, but it is kind of wild speculation on my part to think it's related to my sighting, so I will leave that out for now and just stick to what I know for sure.

Anyway, while I could see these creatures, I could not focus on them at all. They seemed to manage to track just one step ahead of my eye's ability to target precisely on them. So I was left with the feeling I could only look to the immediate side of them but not exactly ON them, if that makes any sense.

I don't know the terminology you used to describe your sighting, so that is something I will need to look up. So I don't know if the creatures we saw are similar. I do know what you mean though by feeling you were looking at something not really there and seeing it more in your mind. In my case though, at least I had the reaction of my dog to assure me it was not a product of my imagination. And I assure you she jumped not due to any reaction on my part. My reaction to seeing the first entity was simply to stand there quite still. I was not afraid of it, just surprised and curious. When you are used to walking late at night in creepy foggy weather with deer occasionally rushing out past you, you don't startle easily. The only thing that freaks me out at night is blundering into a spider web, because I am as arachnophobic as they get!

I did get a nasty feeling from the second larger shadow thing, though. I'd say my feelings about it were similar to yours. I am glad it had moved along and if it would have stopped and stared at me I probably would have lost my cool and awakened my neighbors!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

I don't really have a good way to describe it... It's like seeing something in your head and knowing it's there even though you can see that nothing is physically there with your eyes. I knew that driving around or searching with lights wouldn't have made a bit of difference because there was simply nothing to see in that sense.

reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Wow, interesting!

Like you said, your experience and mine don't totally correlate, but it was a good read nonetheless... Like you, I've become somewhat "hardened" to the darkness from taking the dog out so late so many times, so it was strange to have that feeling of discomfort and fear come out of nowhere. Also, the "thing" I "saw" made no movements whatsoever, whereas yours did. I would probably try to chalk yours up to being tired or just having the light cast a weird shadow on something, but that's just because I'm a skeptic by nature and am basically trying to debunk my own experience because I can't explain it either

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

First of all if you saw this your dog should of had a response to it..Pulling you away from it,barking are trembling..Second this sounds like a demon...Not some computer model picture or your brain taking you to weird places..If this is really what you saw..Now you came up this these pictures do you get into or like these kind of things..Meaning you gave 2 links of what you saw..If you are into these kind of things it could be just your brain or maybe spiritually evil has been watching and decided to show you something..At any rate i would let it go and no longer think about it..cause the more you do the more you might see....Evil is not cool ok....And evil can and will play with your head about things...Be careful

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Trust me, I tried debunking it myself. There is no way anything could have caused a shadow of that size and shape to pass where it did that night, the little one I mean. I'll keep an open mind about the larger one because that one was at a decent distance that I'm willing to be open to the possibility of observational error.

My dog reacted to the smaller one so I know there was something there to react to. I don't think she saw the larger one. These things seem to give off no scent, so I'm not sure a dog would know how to react or sense one other than by sight or by some hypothetical psychic means.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I once saw a shadow apparently without the projecting object.
It was late at night outside a friend's house near the woods.
We were talking normally while sitting on her porch.
Now, the only light source was her porch light and her window, therefore emanating from behind us.
All of a sudden I see a black shadow moving fast on the ground. It started from around 12 meters out in the garden and at high speed moved in a matter of 2-4 seconds all the way behind his house.
At first I thought it was a black cat but he moved much faster and I inquired him about cats nearby and he said he never saw one.
Also, it was pitch black , even when directly under the light (for a split second).
If it was an actual shadow, given the position of the light, it would mean he would have ran through the walls of the house.
Nobody else saw it though.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You should know that you just scared the h* out of me. I know exactly what you mean by seeing it with your minds eye. I've been haunted by something under similar conditions for some years now. Its not the same creature but I'm not sure if I want to describe it publicly just yet. My creature goes so far as to show what it would like to do to me but cannot for some reason. Until now I've put this down to an overactive imagination or tried to dismiss it otherwise. But now I have no idea

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AurelioMaghe

Dude that's freaky.

That sounds exactly like what my mate seen, when we were young teens we were devoted to biking, hitting and building jumps all over the place
We came accross an old deserted set of jumps and a bike track in a rough bit of forest behind our local hospital. We thought it was pretty cool but it could do with an upgrade. The more time we spent there the more I noticed the strange/yuck feelings I got from being there. Yeah anyway my mate told me he went there looking for someone one weekend, and turns out no one was there. Don't know how long he was there but he told me he seen a black shadow on the ground that moved about 5-10 metres away, that moved about 20 metres along the ground at reasonable speed, he was outta there!
It was also a reasonably shaded forest with many large trees so it couldn't have been the shadow of a plane or bird. Plus the fact that was behind the scary part of the hospital didn't help! I wonder if that's why the builders of the track deserted the place because they seen stuff?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join