It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did I "See" Last Night?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So last night around 11pm, I took my dog outside before going to sleep... just like every other day. Normally, I have no fear of the dark. I'll walk my dog around the entire block in the middle of the night without any worries or trepidations whatsoever. But last night was.... different.

It was dark (obviously), wet from the earlier rain, and a little hazy with fog. For some reason, the second I stepped outside, I was afraid. It didn't make sense to me until I looked towards the street.

I don't really know how to describe the experience well. It was like I could "see" the presence of something. Physically, there was nothing there. But I "felt" like I could "see" it anyway. Standing in the middle of the road was a creature about 8 feet tall, standing very rigidly upright, staring at me. It almost reminded me of a cross between Sebulba (the head and texture, not the body or the silly helmet) and an arakkoa (the body, not the feathers or beak). It never moved; it just stood completely still, watching me. It was a very intimidating pose and just seemed to be intently observing me. It was not naked. Though I wasn't able to make out the exact clothing, it was wearing some kind of dark, thin robe, possibly slightly tattered.

I walked my dog down the block, let him do his business, then took him back towards the house. It still hadn't moved; I could still "see" it, even though I could also see that there was nothing there at all. Now that I think of it, there was a strange type of howling, like a sick or hurt dog or something, way off in the distance, though I don't believe it was related. All that I could feel was an intense fear and the desire to get back inside.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Can anyone tell me what I seem to have "seen" without seeing? I don't really believe in the supernatural and it seems illogical for any type of being to just be standing in the middle of a road like that, but if anyone has any input, I'd greatly appreciate it...

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
People will likely say "lay off the alcohol" or something like that.

My response is that you probably saw some sort of amalgamation of weird things like a tree in front of a smallish pole with some sort of weird light on it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Hah. I only had a single beer a few hours before, so I highly doubt it was that

And I don't think it was funny lighting or shadows... I should see that it was an empty street with no objects in it, especially not a towering form... But even as I saw nothing with my eyes, I could "see" and feel that something was indeed there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Possibly you saw a Mothman ???

It was the first thing that came to mind , from your description .

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
How far away were you from this "thing"? I am surprised you didn't try to get a closer look, after you had gone inside maybe come at it from another direction....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

If the description in the Wikipedia article is what is generally accepted, then I don't think this is what I saw either. It had dark/black eyes, no discernible wings, and more of a dark (brownish maybe?) leathery skin.

reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

It was in the middle of the road and I was on the sidewalk, so maybe 20 feet away? As far as getting a closer look... it's hard to explain. I felt afraid to be near it and there was nothing "there" to see, per se. It was more like feeling its presence and then "seeing" what I felt, if that makes any sense at all...

---

Thanks for the replies so far... maybe I'm just going crazy

edit on 29-9-2011 by TurkeyTots because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
dick cheiny going for his walk?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed ATS is being over-run by immature kids? The comment board has become useless, 1 out of 5 comments is actually incite-full the rest are irrelevant and useless.

I'm only 20 but I'm not dull and broken like 70 percent of kids today. Go back to ebaumsworld and comment with the rest of the trolls! I'm ashamed to be part of today's youth...the youth is the future right? Well, consider yourselves in screwed!

Today's youth is uneducated, vicious, malicious, violent and careless for their fellow human. I cant count how many time I've seen a horrible video depicting violence, greed, poverty and/or oppression and 60 percent of things people have to say are essentially inhuman and and they're even condoning the actions taken by the types of people ruining this world, instead of protesting them.

I've grown cold and heartless toward the people here in this over populated city of Phoenix, AZ. However, i love each and every one of them as a brother or sister and i hate to see my brothers and sisters of our world suffer on such a large scale all throughout their lives...why does it seem like only i feel this way? Why do so few people want a truly peaceful and complete world.

If the human race continues its course we will destroy ourselves in my life time. Thats what i think atleast

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by douglas82391

Wooooah, easy there tiger! I only said it as a light hearted joke! (Yes I know it wasn't funny as Cheiny is comparable to Satan). Your "reaction" was a mass over exaggeration! Not ALL youth is uneducated, just the ones with, bad parents, from the southern states of america, lives in poor countries, live in wore torn countries, gypsies,special needs and abused ones.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
from your sebulba and arakkoa reference I would say you probably have as good as an idea about what it could have been as anyone

a little glimpse between dimensions? who knows?
edit on 9/29/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

How do you mean?

The hardest part I have believing the inter-dimensional stuff is that there is no reason for anything to be sitting motionless, observing, from the middle of some random suburban street in the middle of the night. I just can't wrap my head around it, which is why I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
i'm not saying you didn't see anything....

but....if there was a presence there, surely your dog would have sensed it?
i myself have a dog, and have had them as pets for years.....they can definitely detect most kinds of presences...

whether it be visible or not, and human or not....

did your dog register this presence?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

Because it didnt seem solid or all there one could guess you may have been seeing into another dimension and it could have had every reason for standing still there, maybe thats what they do

now if it was some hapless being that was transported into your dimension what would you do. run? freeze? hard to say

just guessing you know?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Hm, that's a really good point. He's a small dog and not very good at walking on a leash on the sidewalk (always wants to pull off into the grass). He did seem to keep pulling in that general direction, though I can't say whether it was any more than usual.

reply to post by iforget

That's a fair assessment, too... If I found myself all of a sudden in a strange place, I would think I would tend to either hide or remain motionless in hopes of nothing noticing me. I got a "sinister" vibe from it, but that could have been from my fear and not from anything that this presence was exuding.
edit on 29-9-2011 by TurkeyTots because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots
I don't really know how to describe the experience well. It was like I could "see" the presence of something. Physically, there was nothing there. But I "felt" like I could "see" it anyway.

I have had this happen before. It is almost like your mind is trying to get you to pay attention to something your eyes do not see. I always say I "perceived" it. The image is in my mind, but it's like my eyes never saw it.

I have no idea what you saw. There is a huge rabbit hole to go down when it come to other dimensions, paranormal and thinning veils. It could be that it was just seeing if it could get a reaction out of you. Or testing the limits between here and there, where ever "there" is.

If you believe is such stuff, you might want to think about if you've made someone mad recently. Or if you have purchased anything the is old or antique. Some items can come with baggage.

If you don't believe is such stuff, then I would just write it off and not dwell on it. I see no harm in that.

OiO

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Yeah, that's a good way to explain it. I could perceive what it was even though I was unable to see it in the physical world. I can't think of any reason that I would be being singled out or anything like that, so maybe I'll take your advice and just move it to the back of my mind for a bit and see if anything else comes of it. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots
reply to post by iforget

How do you mean?

The hardest part I have believing the inter-dimensional stuff is that there is no reason for anything to be sitting motionless, observing, from the middle of some random suburban street in the middle of the night. I just can't wrap my head around it, which is why I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience.

This is interesting, and I'm curious about two parts to your story. First, when you say you saw without seeing, I'm wondering how'd you'd describe that experience. Did you see it intuitively, as we sometimes can feel things intuitively, such as someone staring at us? Or was it more in your mind's eye, as we might experience seeing a memory flash before us? How would you describe "seeing" it?

Aside from fear, were there any other feelings that accompanied the phenomenon? Did you hear or smell anything out of the ordinary? Aside from humid, did the air have any unusual qualities, such as the feeling it was mildly charged, as static would feel?

As to your difficulty believing the inter-dimensional stuff: An inter-dimensional being, finding themself on your street, and then seen, may freeze like a deer in headlights, particularly if the "trip" wasn't intended. Were it inter-dimensional, it may explain your dog's failure to react.

It took me a while, and some strange experiences, to get a handle on this interdimensional fluff, so I can feel for you in that regard. But turn it around in your mind a bit - it really isn't as "out there" as it sounds, and its existence is supported by science. The Elegant Universe helped me to understand. This book was also made into a PBS series .

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

As OneisOne mentioned, it's more of a visualization of something that's not physically there. It definitely wasn't just the feeling of being watched, but more of a "mind's eye" deal. It wasn't really a "flash" of an image either; it was something that persisted the whole time.

As far as my other senses go, there wasn't much else... It was a little foggy/hazy, there was a dog or other animal howling far away, and Jupiter (I'm assuming, I believe that's the bright "star" in the sky these nights) was shining in the sky. Another coincidence that probably isn't related is that no cars drove by last night. Usually, at least one or two vehicles pass by us, but last night was calm.

I guess I can see how the "deer in the headlights" effect would cause it to freeze up and remain completely still like that... And it's also totally possible that the fear I was experiencing and sinister feeling I got from it were due to the shock of the situation, its intimidating size/appearance, and it's silent, motionless observation.

Thanks for the links! Those look pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The veil grows ever thinner, I beg you all learn to love. I mean really, love. Things will soon change in a way many of you will not believe. Make the best of the time we have left, the end of this world is near. I'm not talking about death, a fools way out of the ordeal ahead of us. Go with light, and best of luck brother.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by douglas82391

I have noticed this myself,not that I am an all-knowing,wise old man
only 29 myself.
not that every post has to be full of mind altering & expanding insight but if someone is really trying to contribute to the thread,I think using more discretion should be used.
(I am generalizing,not pointing anyone out in particular) incite

On topic: OP wow,if what you say truly happened,not trying to judge or call you a liar or anything, then that is wild,maybe some kind of astral wildlife manifested in your conscious or a inter-dimensional being perhaps? your third picking up on what your physical eyes could not.

ETA
ersonally,I believe a veil is thinning between our world and who knows where/what exactly.
interesting,thanks for posting.

edit on 30-9-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join