It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accurate Prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am curious what everyone's take is on prophecies in general. Take the older prophecies like say Cayce, etc.. not so much Nostradamous due to the cryptic/vague nature but the more specific ones. Now, if they said x was going to happen on yesterday's date and the prophecy was given say 20+ yrs ago then the day comes, it goes and nothing. Does this mean that the prophecy was wrong or is it that because the prophecy was put out there with enough of a time gap that the population's awareness changed the outcome?
I guess my question is how can we debunk a prophecy if we cannot be sure that it was wrong in the first place? Most of the "seers" have a little disclaimer that ultimately the future is maleable. Is this their "out" in case the prophecy fails or is it a challenge for all of us to make the prophecy change and avoid catastrophy?

On a side note, it seems that every week there is another doom prediction thrown out there. While I do believe that a major change/event is in the works, it seems that an incredible number of people seem to want a major earthquake, tsunami or some other disaster to strike. Do people in general really want suffering and devastation or are we as a society just so fed up with the status quo and feel the need for a drastic change so badly that we would welcome any large scale disaster?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Nobody can see the future. But a few good guesses in a billion will eventually be close to accurate.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kite74
I guess my question is how can we debunk a prophecy if we cannot be sure that it was wrong in the first place? Most of the "seers" have a little disclaimer that ultimately the future is maleable. Is this their "out" in case the prophecy fails or is it a challenge for all of us to make the prophecy change and avoid catastrophy?

This is what people have used and will continue to use to keep predicting after being wrong.

If they're right, "WOW I NAILED IT"

If they're wrong, "That's what it WOULD have been, but X changed it..."

In their mind, they literally cannot be wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have premonitions all the time about things about to happen in my own life. Usually just a few minutes to an hour into the future. Like I tend to know what items will be out of stock at a store before I get there. I will know a meeting has been canceled before I had any other way of knowing. I know which stop lights I will hit, etc. It almost feels like much of my life is Deja vu. But it is hardly useful information and due to me always second guessing I don't tend to use a lot of the premonitions. Now if only I could see lottery numbers or do SOMETHING useful besides seeing mundane things that will directly happen to me.

It could just be that I am able to see the big picture and my mind has a very accurate prediction ability based off of possible outcomes via given information and previous experiences. That is probably more plausible than psychic powers.

Or perhaps I am already dead and this is all just my life flashing before my eyes so it all is too familiar.
edit on 29-9-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kite74

I don't want the things to happen that I have seen that's for sure. Can they be changed? Possibly? I won't say that they can't be changed, I will say it's unlikely though.

I would rather be called a false prophet than to see war on U.S soil and other things I have seen...such as a Tsunami on the East Coast etc... it's in my sig if you interested.

-FG

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I can see the future but by the time it gets here I have forgotten what it was.
What was I about to say?
Oh never mind.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Mitar Tarabich.

Well, I like him because he mentions a country, that sounds like Australia, that will not be involved whatsoever in the next World War.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by cluckerspud

Mitar Tarabich.

Well, I like him because he mentions a country, that sounds like Australia, that will not be involved whatsoever in the next World War.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i made a thread about him a while ago, which was quite popular.. pretty damn accurate stuff.. although unfortunately it cannot be confirmed if he had written them before his death..

just to add.. what i meant by that statement is it cannot be confirmed they were written by him.. and not written after and attributed to him..

i have done alot of research into seers, prophets, psychics etc over the years.. and what i have found is although some have been pretty accurate in certain predictions.. not one person has been consistent in what they predict.
i.e one or two predictions are astounding but the rest are way of the mark.
mitar tarabich would be one of the better ones i have come across but as i said we cannot confirm there validity.

edit on 29/9/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't know, I think some are given a gift if you will. Like the other poster mentioned, I also get these flashes or feelings minutes in advance and believe it or not, it's saved me from a few speeding tickets, lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Yea, I'm sure you'd rather not see your visions come to fruition. I was talking about some of the other folks here and elsewhere that seem to be chomping at the bit for a disaster to occur for some reason.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kite74

The future is blind.

Hindsight however, is 20/20.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Nobody can see the future. But a few good guesses in a billion will eventually be close to accurate.

I killed someone with a prediction once. Office pool, super bowl game. Final score 24-21 Patriots vrs Eagles, I think it was. I gave the pick to one guy and he bet it and won. That night he had a party. Hard liquor, beer, lenos, triple decker pizza and probably some stroke mags, danced the cumbia all night I guess. His heart couldn't take it. Next day he was evaced out for a triple bypass.

He recovered a little and returned to work briefly then died. If my exact right pick would have lost he probably would just have gone home and had a bowl of bean slop. -------------

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
hahaha how is cayce an old prophet. lol that one got me going sorry.

i think they are seeing one possible future. if you start looking into multiple universes or dimensions. this is where things get tricky.

so they see the future, there are so many things that come into play after seeing something from the future and then making a prediction upon it.

one main thing is the farther out the prediction is the harder it is to come true. so many things can happen, what if someone was trying to make a prediction from 400 years ago about a nuclear event today. do you know how hard it would be to describe that event.

also things have to lead up to said prediction, what if the guy shooting the missle never recieved the key chemical or whatever to make it work and never received it. nuclear event dosnt happen.

so when people are peering into the future i think they are just seeing one possible outcome. heres the kicker man as a species is easy to assume behavior. if someone is agressive at 20 more than likely they will still be aggresive at 45. so if someone made a prediction about that man dying when he hits 45 in a horrific car accident he may scoff at you, but years later his 45 bday is here and he decides to go to the local bar for a drink to celebrate. on route to bar someone cuts him off badly and his rage kicks in. he dosnt want to hurt the guy but wants to scare him so he starts to chase the guy at high speeds on the hiway. he then looses control of the car and crashes it and dies.

well that was easy to predict because as a species we rarely or slowly change our behavior as a species to advert a prediction. however there are times when someone acts out of accordance of said prediction..and the prediction never happens.

so the double edge sword is make a prediction out far enough we have time to make changes to advert said prediction. because to me thats all what a prediction is for, to change said behavior in order to stop something bad from happening.

but if that happens and predictions never come true well then your a fraud. lol mulitiple universes are crazy. it blows my mind sometimes.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I can predict with a reasonable amount of accuracy, there will be several naysayers in this thread who believe if we would all just be reasonable, and see things their way, the world would be a beautiful place to live.

If one looks at the big picture in relationship to humanity, it becomes obvious all "prophecy" is tentative. It has to be. Because even if someone came from the future and told you what was to come, the very act of being here, and telling you has the potential to create a chain of events that changes the past, and therefore the future.

The human mind is an amazing bio-computer with the ability to project outcomes by reason using information from the past, present, and consciously unknown variables. I personally have come to believe there really is a collective consciousness that connects all people on the planet at a very unconscious level. This is one of the unknown variables.

My point being, enhanced psychic ability, intuition, and perception have less to do with the mystical, and more to do with tapping into the innate abilities in our own mind.

Unfortunately, we spend most of our lives filling our mind with garbage, and allowing ourselves to be programmed to do and believe like others want us to. Therefore, our abilities are there, but latent.

Bottom line. People know something big is on the horizon. And the closer we get to it, that many more will feel it. Especially those who are more in touch with their intuitive and perceptive side.

In my opinion. We have only seen the beginning of the craziness that ensues when people know something is terribly wrong, but they aren't sure what it is, they just know it's bad. So get ready, its only just begun.

I say don't try to prove or debunk those prophecies. Leave them be, and let it all run its course.
edit on 9/29/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kite74

You make an excellent point. I personally do not believe the future exists yet (and the past no longer exists, for that matter).

So anything predicted can be changed. In fact I think even Nostradamus said so.

However, that being said, with the complete understanding that the past affects whats happening today, as today will affect tomorrow - SOME things can be easily and accurately predicted.

For example, I predict I will have PMS in October

Based on past experience, and things I've done, this prediction has an accuracy of 99%
with 1% possibility that I get pregnant or have some other biological change (including death) that prevents it

I also have a good 50/50 chance of preventing it by taking advantage of that 1% in some way (be promiscuous? eat more chocolate a few days before?)

In the end, knowledge will have more power than we ever give it credit for.

P.S. Notice how I didn't predict any phenomenon occuring in nature (except my personal nature I guess) har!

Because it can't be changed, and in most cases, cant be predicted. As another example, where I live, the weather people have been threatening us with flash flooding and lightning storms for the last week. They have not arrived yet.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Forevever because: reason given

new topics

top topics

join