It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted all of my System of a Down MP3's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Anyone see the video for their new song? Disgusting

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah I saw the video. So what? Don't tell me you're offended? Its just a music video. Grow up.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If I wanted dopey rock stars giving me thier political opinions I would love it.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
which song off the album are we talking about bubbles? If so who cares, its opinion you have yours they have theirs.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jms88
Anyone see the video for their new song? Disgusting

So is it safe to say that you are now boycotting System of a Down by no longer downloading their music for free???

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I believe he is referring to the video from the song Boom. Haven't seen the video but I heard about it. I have the song and it is speaking truth.

System Of A Down
Album - Steal This Album
Song - Boom

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I like their music. And I think that's all that matters really? After 9/11 they boycotted them from the radio station back home and alot of people were PO'd about it. I thought it was kind of lame too actually. Oh well...
Magestica

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well Lie Detector I wish I knew what this "Truth" was.

Is it more "Get out of Iraq" "it's all about the oil" crap?

Or is it "Down with Saddam" "finally america is taking out the trash" Good stuff?

Truth is relative, especially in this matter.

But I don't think the Media should be so vociferous about anything. Look at the Garbage Madonna is putting out.

It's time to take a stand, for decency, for patriotism.

America is the best country on earth, but those Rock Stars wouldn't have you think that. Neither would France.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   
i find it quite appaling that you have such a simple mind in america's innocence.

"What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime." - Adlai Stevenson:

"When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and the purity of its heart." - Ralph Waldo Emerson:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Not sure what you mean?

It wasn't us who killed 11million "undesireables".

It wasn't us who enslaved men under an Iron-fist of Communism.

No we brought all those things down. And somehow we still are made out to be the bad guy.

And the arrows they sling are "You had slavery" (The south had slavery, USA is made up of DIFFERENT STATES).

They throw the "you killed indians" well they killed us too.

Take battle at wounded knee for instance.

Total Cavalry kick butt, they didn't have a chance. So they gave up and went to their reservation.

Yeah well what you'll only find in the old records at the town library, not the history books. Is that those same indians, for years before, had been killing travelers in the country side.

So 300+ Virginia City men went out and decided to go and stop these Indians from their raids. And those Indians slaughtered 300 of them without hesitation (no land was taken from them at all, until of course after this event).

America has done virtually NO ill in ALL of its history.

Yet everyone, even other Americans, would have you think we have the Sin of the ages upon us.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
yeh look i think america is a great country but to say it is the best??

CIA Atrocities - www.serendipity.li...
~The CIA's Drug-Trafficking Activities
~The CIA, Cocaine Smuggling at Mena and the Train Deaths
~Mind Control and the CIA's Use of '___'
~Ralph McGehee and CIABASE
~More about the CIA
~Links to Further Documents Concerning the CIA

U.S. President ANDREW JACKSON whose life was saved by the Cherokee at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend, sent 4,000 Cherokee children, women and men
to their deaths.

The amount of cinpiracys covered up is enourmous, every country is probably guilty of things like this, but no country deserves to be called the best after actions like these,
but in saying that how are we defining 'best'?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
jms88, if you were a teen in the sixties I could see you standing round a big fire with a bowl cut and starched polyester shirt burning Beatles records.

Only joking.
If you don't like the music or their views. Dont listen to it. It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Imagine that, I agree with kegs. Bottom line is, if people don't like their crap don't buy it, don't go to their concerts, and don't wear their t shirts. Celebrities can only be shut up by punching them right in the pocketbook.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
CIA Atrocities - www.serendipity.li...
~The CIA's Drug-Trafficking Activities
~The CIA, Cocaine Smuggling at Mena and the Train Deaths
~Mind Control and the CIA's Use of '___'
~Ralph McGehee and CIABASE
~More about the CIA
~Links to Further Documents Concerning the CIA

yeah, I agree that the CIA, FBI, and ATF have really been screwed up over the last decade. I think thats why 9-11 happened for the most part. All these organizations had been tasked to taking out political enemies of the administartion here in the U.S. We were weakened but now maybe things with these orgs will change.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Good for you JMS. You wasted your time downloading good music only to delete it because of a music video. Im sure that had a big impact on the record label and band. You deleting music you didnt purchase.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good song, good message.
Me, having served in the military like many regulars here, am not of a more moral or more patriotic stance on what's right or wrong. Peformers shouldn't be held to the same standard either, they're people with opinions, some very well researched, others, not at all. The only ones I hold to a critical standard are those that send out the doctrine that our military marches to, and that our citizens are liable for abroad.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
Good for you JMS. You wasted your time downloading good music only to delete it because of a music video. Im sure that had a big impact on the record label and band. You deleting music you didnt purchase.

Well, at least time was the only thing I lost, I hate losing money. I only had a couple of their songs downloaded anyhow.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I like Bout Time's view. The only people who should be critiqued about their political views and opinions and stuff like that are the people who's job it is, who impact international affairs. If some dipstick actor or singer whines about something turn around, say "who cares" and move on with your life. The more you pay attention to it, the more it'll annoy you. Who the hell cares?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lakini
which song off the album are we talking about bubbles? If so who cares, its opinion you have yours they have theirs.

exactaly and he didn't like their opinion and he chose to not listen to their music anymore, which also happens to be freedom of speech. if i don't like what someone says i have just as much right to boycott their music, movies, television shows, what have you. when you are in the public eye and voice your opinion you have to realize that their will be people who don't agree and should be prepared for any fall out from said opinion.

top topics

join