It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its HOT! Summer seems to be back

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Is this due to the alignment? Or even perhaps the solar flare activity over the weekend? Or even something completely different, perhaps we are just having a nice spell of sunshine?
I am not going to pretend to know the answer, even though personally I think we are in BIG trouble but that is just my feeling on things....
So far this 'heatwave' has been here in the UK for 2-3 days, not long at all and it is Autumn. The Met. Office seems very confident that it is going to be here all week, then I see on Sky News a report explaining the 4 warning levels (there is a link below to the clip). I accept we are treated like idiots by the media but showing the warning proceedure after 2-3 days of sunshine seems a bit extreme and suggests to me that they know something.
Autumn in this part of the world has the sun lower in the sky, now couple a low sun with summer heat...That doesn't seem like a picnic to me.....Be careful out there folks.....Here's the link...Oh and...Hello everyone, just joined today although I've been reading posts for a while now.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I am ROASTING in South Wales, its bizarrely hot, yet i believe theyve forcast snow for October, its crazy.

The only snow we'll get in October will be over the Scottish hills - as we do every year. 'They' are not proper weather forecasters.

Edit: it was ironic that when this cold, snowy October nonsense was in the papers last week, it was already clear that we're were going to get record breaking temperatures this week!

And the reason it's hot is simply down to the ....... weather. We have a plume of warm air from southern Europe over us - it'll sink away south again by next week.

Looks like there'll be a offical high of around 29c today. Still no certainty that Saturday will beat the 29.4c recorded on 1st Oct 1995 though.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
From Unity99's post

By the way, our solar system is going through an interstellar cloud of millions of degrees, nicknamed Fluffy. There are magnetic ribbons associated with this, so it could be a super nova, those ribbons are something stars have. And could have penetrated the solar system and be the strip of magnetism a scientist saw Elenin on, in which we would get some consequences. We're also getting X class and other types of CME's. In the end, I believe the sun will expand but not sue how many years all of this going to take.

Here's a link to it. I've also often wondered how outside forces affect us.

io9.com...

Thirty-two years into its mission and 8.4 million miles from Earth, Voyager 2 will soon enter the Local Fluff, an interstellar cloud of hydrogen and helium measuring thirty lightyears across. And, according to Voyager's measurements, the fluff is surprisingly magnetic.

The potentially serious effect of a decrease in the heliosphere's size is an increase in bombardment by cosmic rays. A particularly magnetized cloud might allow an unusual amount of cosmic rays to enter the inner solar systems. This could affect the Earth's atmosphere, and it could greatly increase the risk of space exploration to astronauts who would be unprotected from the bombardment of these rays.

They're still learning about this fluff stuff. It's interesting. Google "interstellar fluff".

And up here in central Saskatchewan, we had temperatures in the 30s for the last few days. It's slowly starting to cool off now, and here it cools down so fast we might be in snow temperatures in a week or two.
Maybe.
We're expecting an especially bad winter, which I'm not sure what that means, we get temperatures of -40 every winter - without the wind chill.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Thanks for the link, going to check it out

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The Granada regions weather forecaster told us last week that we would see a mini heatwave this week. Looks like he was right for once. It looks like your weatherman never passed on the info. When i told the office guys last week, they all laughed and said it was just another conspiracy. Well whos laughin (sweatin) now. This is in for the next few days at least. Saturday will be BBQ at mine.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hi im in Robin Hood land (Nottingham) I just mowed my lawns so tomorrow we are having a BBQ and see off the summer with a smile for we know its another 6 months of gloom, cold and darkness for us, it sucks to be English really as we spend so much time inside because of bad weather, i know 1 thing though i cant be old here and will be moving to sunnier climes to see out my days, i really envy you guys who have sun all year. I'm going to try and save for a fortnight in the canary islands in Jan/Feb to break up the winter for my little family. Anyway where ever you are enjoy and make the most of it, time to crack open a cold one!
edit on 29-9-2011 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm baking here!

I really didn't expect this at the end of september. I hate hot weather, I absolutely detest it and cannot function at all, I would love to up and move to somewhere that's cold all year round! now that would make me happy, I swear I have S.A.D but just flipped around to summer instead!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

You need to move to Alaska!
If Canadian, to Yellowknife. I've heard there's always lots of work up there, although the cost of living is high up there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
South Brum here and it's Bubbling Hot. Don't care what anyone says I'm loving it.. Sat on decking, glass of wine and lighting the barbie at 6. shame it gets dark at 7, but the garden lights look fab. Will watch the bats flying around at 7 30. Oh happy days

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Temperatures here in northern Florida (USA) has been around 91/33*C day and 73/23*C night for about a week now but with the cold front coming our temperature October 1 will be 49/9*C which is incredibly early for that weather but you will not hear me complain. I love the cold weather, so the cooler the temperature equals a happier me.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I'd love to live in Alaska, or just about anywhere cold enough to be honest!

I'm in England though, my partner lives in Texas, so that dream is on hold for awhile unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
30 Degrees C today in london

This weather is truly bizarre,

www.telegraph.co.uk... her/8801027/Record-UK-temperature-as-October-heatwave-continues.html

Forecasters say temperatures are still rising and may even top 86F (30C) or higher in some parts of the country. The forecast comes as the country entered its fourth day of an unprecedented Indian summer which has seen it experience temperatures higher than the Bahamas and Hawaii.

More please

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Too bloody warm if you ask me. Bring on the fog, hail and torrential rain.

Cannot cope in this heat.

But, on the flip-side all the ladies are dressed all summery and people seem to be happy

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Too bloody warm if you ask me. Bring on the fog, hail and torrential rain.

Cannot cope in this heat.

But, on the flip-side all the ladies are dressed all summery and people seem to be happy

HAHA

Yeah just when we was looking forward to our winter, cold weather fog, frost, and getting in some new winter clothing people are rush buying some new shorts & sun tan lotion

Really felt odd today October... Really ? never had a BBQ in October before so this is a first for me i'm sweating my [snips] off

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
here in north Florida its been almost as normal as it gets maybe a little dryer then usal but with Florida that just meens we miss a few t storms .Well not accutly misss them lol but water the grass once in a wile .
I have lived in this area for almost 30 years the biggest change I have seen is the afternoon t storms we use to get every day in june july and aug dont come every day like 20 years back.
we do gets droughts but compaired to say a texas drought we are still having floods lol
oo its a nice 77% to day about right for this time of year and it will get back to 85 next week which is also normal .
untill jan we will have a few days of nice 60% to 75% weather then a week of 75% to 85% weather.
unless we get the week long rain in November taht happens alot.
then in jan feb march it will be 45 to 60% in the day and nights can get as low as 20& but rarly a week or two or 35% or less .
a hint of snow maybe no possible no again well maybe the next 20 years .
aa yes Florida cool enough to be sud tropic warm enough to ignore the few cold days .
only nicer place in the world is the islands
edit on 1-10-2011 by xxcalbier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
In the great US MidWest up North awayze, over here by Ioway, I saw on the Weather Channel, that come next week, it's lower 70s, then mid 70s, then upper 70's near 80.

So I better keep the glass windows closed over the screens from those wasps/hornets who want to get in and attack my fresh buns.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
So its reading 28 degrees outside which lets be honest is way above normal for this time of year, don't think its ever been this hot in well lets call it October... here in the UK

Not that im complaining tho the BBQ is back out

But im just guessing this has alot to do with recent solar activity ?

Where are you and whats the weather like ?

The hottest day recorded for October was in 1885 at 29.4oC so yeah it has been hotter...

Its just the weather! It'll be back to normal by tuesday so dont worry about it

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Somerset here lovely day all the neighbours out chatty and happy, thought I'd repaint the plaster on outside of house in time for the cold weather. Daughter in bed with a cold and feeling crappy!
Since this heatwave started, the thing I've noticed is the wind, its weird and kinda tropical, first noticed it when we had the remains of the Hurricane last month, and it hasnt really gone since then. I dont really understand the el nina el nino phenomenon, but heard that it may have something to do with that - can anyone explain ?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
But im just guessing this has alot to do with recent solar activity ?

Nothing whatsoever. Just weather. It happens.

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
... never had a BBQ in October before so this is a first for me i'm sweating my [snips] off

I had a BBQ at Christmas once, whilst it was snowing

Originally posted by jrmcleod

The hottest day recorded for October was in 1885 at 29.4oC so yeah it has been hotter...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Today its overcast in brum but so muggy,There is nothing worse than having MAN FLU which i have but it has been lovely this past week.
Also i read somewhere that the uk will have a colder winter than last year
Anyways off now to sit on the decking with a hot lemon and a nasel spray and to sweat buckets.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join