It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's that behind you? looking over your shoulder. Its

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yes, It's Facebook.

Not only is facebook keeping note of everything you do and say in your facebook account, its also following you around the internet, even when you are not logged into your facebook account. When you log out of facebook and browse other sites facebook is still watching you.

If this is not enough to wake folks up about facebook I don't think anything will. If people are still stupid enough to stay with facebook after this then nothing will make them leave.
Infact facebook probably now know that from here on they can probably get away with anything.

Facebook has admitted that it has been watching the web pages its members visit – even when they have logged out.

Most would assume that Facebook stops monitoring them after they leave its site, but technology bloggers discovered this was not the case.

Too funny.

"In fact, data has been regularly sent back to the social network’s servers – data that could be worth billions when creating 'targeted' advertising based on the sites users visit.
The website’s practices were exposed by Australian technology blogger Nik Cubrilovic and have provoked a furious response across the internet.
If you are logged in to Facebook, the cookies will still send the information, and they remain on your computer unless you manually delete them.
'It's just the latest privacy issue to affect a company that has a long history of blunders relating to user's private information."
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Of course I'm sure Facebook isn't the only site to do this???? are they? Have you ever noticed any local adds when your logged into your favourite websites?? Guess this story could be closer to home than some might think.
I wonder what other sites use this sneaky kind of tracking? anyone have any suggestions?

edit on 29/9/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I left Facebook over two years ago, almost three I think.
And... I don't miss it at all!

People don't really care about being followed though... look at twitter! Okay.. that was a bad joke.

But, in all seriousness, people are so hooked on FB that they don't really want to know that they are being "followed".

PS.

I'm sure ATS does the same thing- I have a lot of what I feel are "targeted" adverts when I log on to this site.

It's the same thing with plain old Google too.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Yes. 100% sure of targetted ads. Yes, and with the data facebook can profit from this big time.

It happens with ATS, too. The whole thing is being digitally manipulated online. It's all in the code, no humans pushing buttons, just an automated process. Same thing happens with loyalty cards, etc. Nature of the capitalist beast.

My personal opinion is that this is an invasion of privacy and we should be allowed to make a choice whether or not we wish our data to be shared and used. People are making revenue from our actions. We get no reward, but they do. That is a kind of exploitation.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This happens even if you are not a Facebook user.

My big brother is an EWE player, but his pc is not powerfull enough to run it in high settings, so he installed it on my pc, to create his Avatar, and uninstalled.
Now i get spammed with EWE commercial, on allmost any site i browse, plus my email.
Do i care? No i don't care, it's just the way the interweb is working these days, if you search something you will get spammed by that something.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So is everyone forgetting that the slime bag Zucker attended the Bilderburg meetings, you know the ones that dont exist, that nothing is discussed about even though some of the most influential people in in business and government attend (sorry best add allegedly), and even when these meetings that dont happen are in a country when even that country's MP's are barred from attending and forcibly removed from a meeting that isn't happening.

Facebook must be the biggest data minning exercise in history and all the info freely given, Zucker must have been noshed by every sycophant in the building

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yah, big brother is watching you... and me... and well, everybody.

If a woman (for example) follows her man and spies on him, it is for sure that she is scared that he may be doing things she thinks he should not be doing. That is called fear.

When they spy on us on the net there could only be one motivation, cause I am sure it is not because they are actually fascinated with us or interested in us. Fear. It must be fear. I wonder what the hell they are so scared of? Why are they following us around cyberspace? They must be in fear.

With good reason!

Warning to them: BE AFRAID!!! BE VERY AFRAID!!! Someday (hopefully soon) the madding crowds are gonna get ya!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

i guess your right. it reminds me of this clip:

(it contains an add to illustrate this even better)

anyway. i guess the internet user is like the 5year old child. we can use the internet for anything and everything. we can watch, play , share, discuss, protest, say anything we want. half the whole world is logged on and interacting non-stop. and just like what a five year old says, its of absolutely no importance. nobody has ever said anything of any importance on the internet ever. and facebook is making people more self absorbed than they have ever been before.
so the interent user is just a dumbfcuk who pushes buttons and the sole purpose of all this interaction is to generate a huge new supereffective revenue stream. Its 100times better than the television ever was.
i think I have had enough now. the internet is dead to me. i have been distracted long enough.
thank you and goodbye and peace to all.

(i didn't realise when i started this thread a little while ago it would be the last time i logged onto the interenet. this world is one strange place.)
edit on 29-9-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I know this thread was supposed to outrage me and make me mad at Facebook. Instead I spent twenty minutes or so watching Lewis C.K videos. I guess I have finally become just another one of the proles.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think the big problem here, and the reason people don't "wake up", is they just don't see anything to be afraid of.

So some programs record the fact that I visit Amazon, a few blogs and a couple conspiracy sites. So what? My surfing habits are not very exciting, but if someone wants to put some sneaky tracking e-device on me in order to watch me visit the same sites that millions of other people visit every day... whatever.

top topics

join