It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

undo's inspirations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

There is a free to download and also a more fuller extensive version of a game program called construct 2 you can get in the steam store. I have to check but now that I think about it, it may actually do what you are trying to do, Im not 100% sure but I think it is worth checking out as it will also allow for you to not only use your title in steam if you choose to it will also allow you to go truly independant and do things your way without them.

just checked into it and it wont work =(
edit on 5-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i suppose minors under like 18 and over 14, could still play but would immediately waive their dividends. however, since most people in that age bracket would have parents or legal guardians paying the subs and purchase of the game, that might get technically complicated, so that's one of the reasons i thought it would be best to just state outright that there's an age limit to receiving dividends. if a parent pays for their child to play, they would also have to sign up with their own email address and any other pertinent information to receiving their dividends, then they would receive the money regardless of whether it was them or one of their teenagers playing the game itself.

technically, there would be enough cases where dividends weren't being paid out because of state or country regulations and parents who couldn't be bothered to make sure their information was accurate and provided as requested. in that case, more of the dividends would be shared with fewer of the players, resulting in better profits.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

i don't think construct can do it. i looked into it, and although it has 3d, it's limited. i don't think there's a snowball's chance in the mojave desert, that it could run and render planet rendering algorithims of the complexity i'm considering.

want to see a 3d game running in a browser window, that was ported from c++ to _javascript? hang on to your hat, err furcoat

www.unrealengine.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i would really like to use this technology as the base renderer. just imagine how much detail you could get

edit on 5-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I see what you are driving at, I was just trying to find a way to make it easier for you to accomplish your goal with a game. To be 110% with you, the euclidian video gave me an idea for you. The microsoft xbox kinect system (360 version) is able to be hacked using a technology called breckles. the kinect uses light point technology that scan and can recreate a 3d world and then make it usable by a computer. Maybe this is a place for you to become innovative, start making physical model of you think a planet is hack a kinect and scan that, I know it isnt what everyone else does and may be a little far fetched but your video gave me that idea. I am also very capable of drawing I use blender alot as well and other things like daz I would certainly help you in concept art and also script story I can try and help you find someone better for programming. I really would like to draw made up landscapes on planets lol I just never had a reason to blend speculative science with art, I also use cad and there is also a place in the cad community called AUTODESK that gives you some of the best free 3d design software and the autodesk community is full of people from architects to geologists that continually compete building 3d realms or 3d mappings or complicated machines or circuit boards, Im a member there as well this may be another rad place you may be able to find what you are looking for.

About the kinect, me and my brother and roomate wanted to build a quatro copter using light point using a kinect as its own guidence system integrated with an iphone 3gs my brother is a computer scientist im just the stupid marine that happens to weld things and build stuff, we got half way there with a working model problem is I had to leave to weld some pipes in the gas fields and my brother left his company took him to pittsburg
the deal here was that the kinect would actually map in light point and then learn what to navagate around on its own we just had to give it a brain and a body, we were trying to put it into a science fair competition at his graduate school
edit on 6-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

yeah well he did say in the video, that it runs instantly over the internet unless the person has a bad connection, and is capable of doing google earth type of stuff but even better, where you can go right down the street level and see everything in detail while moving thru it without having to wait for each new section to download. there are no zone lines unless you want there to be zone lines. so you would feasibly have an entire planet surface, rendering in real time, right in your browser window, with no delay, no downloads even. it's all running from the server, without the viewer having to install a single file.

that's what i'm talkin' about right there. hehe

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
brotherman,

i'd welcome any help with art and models. my modelling skills are severely lacking. i even used the make human program, where most of the work is already done for you, and i still was having trouble with it. i tried to learn blender, but that thing is, well it's not very intuitive. i took one look at mudbox and ran in the other direction. i was enjoying zbrush and was even have a tiny bit of success figuring out how it worked, but it was just too expensive and the free version can't do full body models. i'm not willing to pay for programs that i am not sure i'll ever be able to learn

i'll send you a pm about the rest of the info

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
oh you're talking about something like this? using kinects?
www.cartoonbrew.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Id love to help and got your u2u

about your link, yeah thats what i meant
edit on 8-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
hm this is interesting. the euclideon guy is showing and explaining briefly, how the shadows and lighting works with the euclideon software. it treats it like a hybrid. that's what i was thinking the solution would be. he says the animation part can also be hybridized, with like polygon models working in a unlimited detail background, but they are still working on making animations of their own because he believes they can get intensely good animations with the euclideon detail instead of having to hybridize polygon models. yahooo.

euclideon lighting and shadows

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
any luck? what's going on?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Sorry for not getting back sooner, I did get your U2U and thought I sent ya a message back. I got called back to work so Im not laid off anymore I hate when the company lays you off over a holiday set it up so you cant collect or work or anything and then call you back and try and make you do 3 weeks worth of welding and assembling just to get laid off again right before christmas. Sorry for my rant but just been a little bit busy as of lately, its actually kind of depressing really.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by undo

Sorry for not getting back sooner, I did get your U2U and thought I sent ya a message back. I got called back to work so Im not laid off anymore I hate when the company lays you off over a holiday set it up so you cant collect or work or anything and then call you back and try and make you do 3 weeks worth of welding and assembling just to get laid off again right before christmas. Sorry for my rant but just been a little bit busy as of lately, its actually kind of depressing really.

oh no problem. job=good.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

How is your game development coming?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join