It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Remembrance Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I know that some here view the police force with contempt and disgust. I am not one of those people, they assist in preserving my life as best they can most days of the week.

Today in Australia it is Police Remembrance Day and I felt the need to post a little something in honour of the sacrifice that they make in order for us to live our lives in relative peace and safety.

Without them we are nothing and to others they are husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, friends and lovers. They are people just like you and me with the same wants and the same needs but people who will, in the face of dire threat to life and limb, choose to strive forward to uphold the sworn oaths they have taken and protect the communities within which they also live.

Some of them have paid the ultimate price for that commitment and it is to those very people their families and colleagues that I say, thank you.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by myselfaswell
I know that some here view the police force with contempt and disgust.

Maybe 1%, if that. For every one miss deed a police officer does 100 do the right thing. You only hear about the bad ones.

If you need help you will call the police, if you argue that you're lieing. Everyone should feel lucky they have a number they can call for help.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You REALLY think they give 2 #s about you or your rights.???Stop looking at the sun my friend..Maybe and i say that cautiously there are 4-5% that are good and not corrupt.I am being liberal with that number.It attracts an unsavory person to become a police officer,someone without a understanding of right and wrong as to our constitution.They are nothing but bulldogs for corporations that enforce their policies..I actually feel sorry for them as they couldn't find a respectable job in society.They will answer very soon for their arrogant crimes..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Go down to the local police station and meet some of the officers. Your local police are not TPTB. The are there to help you.

I am in no way affiliated with government and/or the local police force. Truth.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I actually went to school to become police officer when i got out of the army.After meeting these people and hanging out with them and hearing what they really think of us i changed my major to EMS. best decision i ever made.I didn't say that just to say it.I have lived with them..Scary as hell..Thank you for your reply i believe you really think that.I hope we can disagree and still be friends..peace brother..B

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
A neccessary evil unfortunately, but blindly following orders doth not a man make.

Of course having a run in with a wrong 'un early in life does tend to leave you with the impression that they are all bad, not helped by the fact that they (used) to have a way of sticking together regardless of whether they should have done or not, sheep mentality i'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I live in New York. The local police station is the 109th precinct. Yea, I've been down there before. I also got beat up in the back room by 7 police officers while I was handcuffed to those little 2'' benches they make you sit on. Woke up in the hospital with internal affairs asking me all sorts of questions.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Pfft, I could tell you sooo many personal stories of police brutality. I guess that's what comes with living in New York, where on every corner you have a snarky "I'm untouchable because I AM the law" police officer.

top topics

join