It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the world(China, Russia, EU etc)conduct a preemptive strike against US before it get too dang

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
We could just ask Israel to collapse the USA. No nuclear mess and we have our revenge.

But as revenge sucks I will just wait for the next administration and start to like America again as well as others will do.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by shoo]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
Masterp's list has more disinfo, European styled anti-US propaganda, half truth's, misleading stastics, and out-right lies then anything I've read in a very long time. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Wow. This propaganda stuff goes both ways, and some of the garbage that people believe about the US is friggin out there.

Amen to that. Typical EU responce IMHO. My brother in law from france is here visiting. THat type of crap just spews from him. Typical. Funny they were not such smart a*** when they lived under the protection our umbrella during the cold war.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
But it gets so cold in those countries
why cant a tropical country have the best standard of living

OT: I recommned the British Virgin Islands
- it's calm and elite. Not a lot tourists.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
But it gets so cold in those countries
why cant a tropical country have the best standard of living

OT: I recommned the British Virgin Islands
- it's calm and elite. Not a lot tourists.

Been there, loved it.

But I like where I live just fine!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
The examples are countless, really. The US

1) puts taxes on imported steal
2) puts taxes on imported agricultural products; let the poor countries die!
3) won't sign the Kyoto deal
4) buys pollution percentage from smaller countries
5) produces more than 50% of the world's weapons
6) consumes more than 25% of the world's oil
7) caused all major war activities in the last 30 years (vietnam, cyprus, iran-iraq, gulf war, bosnia, kosovo, iraq) and many others either directly or indirectly
8) supports most dictatorships (pinoset, contras, saddam, indonesia, musaraf, greece 67-74, etc) and corrupted governments (saudi arabia, etc)
9) 5% of its population has 90% of the world's wealth
10) one of the few countries that won't accept the international court of Justice in Hage
11) is the only country to have dropped an atomic weapon in war
12) has more than 36 poor people (living under the minimum wage)
13) has the highest percentage of urban killings and rapes
14) has the largest amount of citizens with debts
15) has the highest number of citizens in jails relative to its population
16) has one of the highest percentages in school drop outs
17) has one of the lowest standards of education
18) has one of the largest differences in capital per head amongst the world
19) has armies in more than 120 countries worldwide
20) is one of the few countries that has a law that allows the government to put in jail one person without any accusation
21) has Guantanamo; violates global signed policies on human rights
22) demands 1 milion as deposit in order to participate in the elections
23) has the highest number of TV channels
24) has the highest number of school killings
25) the only country to have the privilege of kids passing through gun/metal detectors in schools

Really, what's so great about your country? that you can work at McDonald's for 1 dollar per hour? that you can buy a car, a stereo, a TV and a computer? that your kids go to school? Well, guess what: all these things are available in most countries, more or less. Tell me one thing that you can do in your country and I can't do in any other country.

Most of your scientists are foreigners; most of your athletes are blacks; most of your workers are blacks and Mexicans; most of your service men are blacks;etc etc

Not only that the list is inaccurate a similar list can be created for every other western country

And it's quite idiotic you nag about the fact that most sportsmen and scientists are foreigners. The USA are a country built out of many nations and they give scientists and sportsmen the very best standards for their career. Would be stupid not to go there, eh?
And it is not like the USA don't have "native" scientists and sportsmen that get a grip. Just passes by unnoticed.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
Masterp's list has more disinfo, European styled anti-US propaganda, half truth's, misleading stastics, and out-right lies then anything I've read in a very long time. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Wow. This propaganda stuff goes both ways, and some of the garbage that people believe about the US is friggin out there.

Actually, I think the list is pretty accurate. Would you care to point out which items you feel are lies and why? Certainly the US has much to be proud of as well, and it would be nice to see a list of the US's accomplishments, but I see nothing on the list I could call a lie, and very little I would even call a half-truth.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Considering how the US is perceived to be the most dangerous, out-of-control country in the world, I wouldn't be surprised if pre-emptive strikes against the US have been discussed the world over.

Your military is way too stretched out, and your Homeland is not secure at all.

And all this "We're looking out for our best national interests" can be used by the other 180 countries in the world. Validly.

If Iran was almost totally sure they were about to be invaded and they dropped some bombs on military installations in Iraq, would that make them evil or would it make them militarily prepared?

When you invaded iraq, there were many unanswered questions, but you pushed past the UN and did it anyway.

A dangerous precedent. Empires fall, no matter how powerful their militaries are.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
First of all if there is a Nuclear Attack any nation in there right mind is going to attack the whole country. And Destroy the whole country or nation you know why ? B/c they also have nukes and if you nuke a country you D*** well better know they are goign to nuke you back ... but the country being nuked will not even have a chance then the waves and the diasastrus effects of all of that stuff that is goign to happen Radiation .... Tidal Waves ... Flooding... and all ...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People are F---ing killing people from every country in the world in Iraq ... and you stupid A**ES Want to ATTACK THE US ... ok lets blame the war on US .. we got F***Kin attack F*** all of you other nations if you even thought about attacking us ... Do it and see what transpires ... we may not be the biggest baddest in the world we sure as H### try and act like it sometime ... but that is only for the worlds good ... if we woudl have not interefered with things ... then the world would be a different place ... And the only good thing about the US if that they make everyone think they know everything .. but really there is people behind the president making decisions that the president doesn't even know about ...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There are many many many things on that list that are BUNK !!!!!!!!!!!! Like 50% of the worlds guns come from THE U.S. ......... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have ever Heard ... you know an M-16 ... and M-18 ... Guess where the parts for that gun are made ???? Not here in the US ... Most of the parts are made overseas go figure that ... Of course it is put together here .... ... but made ... NO YOU ARE WRONG !!!!!!!!!! ...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
There are many many many things on that list that are BUNK !!!!!!!!!!!! Like 50% of the worlds guns come from THE U.S. ......... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have ever Heard ... you know an M-16 ... and M-18 ... Guess where the parts for that gun are made ???? Not here in the US ... Most of the parts are made overseas go figure that ... Of course it is put together here .... ... but made ... NO YOU ARE WRONG !!!!!!!!!! ...

actually, the m-16 is the military designation for a particular Colt rifle. Colt being an american company which makes large profits supplying arms around the world.

i've always found the furore over WMD's somewhat hypocritical, when the US is the number one distributor of small arms in the world, and small arms are responsible for far, far, far more deaths globally than WMD's.

-koji K.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

First of all if there is a Nuclear Attack any nation in there right mind is going to attack the whole country. And Destroy the whole country or nation you know why ? B/c they also have nukes and if you nuke a country you D*** well better know they are goign to nuke you back ... but the country being nuked will not even have a chance then the waves and the diasastrus effects of all of that stuff that is goign to happen Radiation .... Tidal Waves ... Flooding... and all ...
We pushed PAST THE UN !!!!!!!!!!! What the he** you mean ? We waited 2 weeks AFTER THEY RAN F###ing planes into our two biggest buuildings killing hundreds effecting millions ... even people not living in the US ... Now you want us to forget that now agh .. he## nah ... ..........

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Took the time

Originally posted by masterp
The examples are countless, really. The US

1) puts taxes on imported steal
-> it's the revenge game between the EU and the US. Natural protection taxes to protect your own economy. EU and Asian countries do this as well!

2) puts taxes on imported agricultural products; let the poor countries die!
-> the EU gives millions of money to farmers...and later pays them compensation as they need to sell their products very very cheap. Why? Too many farmers
- kept alive by the EU and double-paid.

3) won't sign the Kyoto deal
-> ok that really sucks!

4) buys pollution percentage from smaller countries
-> again

5) produces more than 50% of the world's weapons
-> okay sucks as well but EU countried brought some quality land mines to africa

6) consumes more than 25% of the world's oil
-> don't know if it's that high but some decent engineering for engines should take place, yes.

7) caused all major war activities in the last 30 years (vietnam, cyprus, iran-iraq, gulf war, bosnia, kosovo, iraq) and many others either directly or indirectly
-> partly true but you can't blame them for Cyprus and Bosnia.

8) supports most dictatorships (pinoset, contras, saddam, indonesia, musaraf, greece 67-74, etc) and corrupted governments (saudi arabia, etc)
-> this assumes that dictatorships are always a bad thing. Saddam wasn't bad, he had maniacs under control. Or still people here that believe that Iraqis can handle freedom?

9) 5% of its population has 90% of the world's wealth
-> now that number, is just wrong.

10) one of the few countries that won't accept the international court of Justice in Hage
-> those who accepted it don't give a f*ck about it as well
it's politics not a fair game fluffy puffy flower world.

11) is the only country to have dropped an atomic weapon in war
-> While I think the 2nd bomb was murder I think the 1st bomb saved more lives that it took. And as one lives counts as much as another the math is easy and so the USA did the right thing, even it's horrific.

12) has more than 36 poor people (living under the minimum wage)
-> 36? Tremendous

13) has the highest percentage of urban killings and rapes
-> Been to South-Africa lately? Or Nigeria? Brazil? Just because stastics don't get it, it doesn't mean it's not happening even more elsewhere.

14) has the largest amount of citizens with debts
-> No, wrong. Britain said some statistics last week.

15) has the highest number of citizens in jails relative to its population
-> this either means that US citizens are:
a) very criminal
b) live under strict law
c) have better law enforcement that other countries

In Germany a lot of people don't have to go to jail as the jails are full and there is no money to build new ones. Cared to visit southern european countries? same thing there, just more extreme. Like Russia? It's one big jail with criminals

16) has one of the highest percentages in school drop outs
-> don't know. But surely their education system could be improved a little.

17) has one of the lowest standards of education
-> hm, comparing with what countries? Switzerland an Luxembourg, or Sweden? That's not fair and it's not correct to compare such different countries. And lowest...no..by no means. Maybe low for western countries and in a statistic where Switzerland is #1 because of all the elite schools..hosting European and US pupils.

18) has one of the largest differences in capital per head amongst the world
-> it is not that extreme

19) has armies in more than 120 countries worldwide
-> so? You should have said they use them for a lot of wrong wars, that's a con.

20) is one of the few countries that has a law that allows the government to put in jail one person without any accusation
-> the government? or the police? Doubt the government can do that.

21) has Guantanamo; violates global signed policies on human rights
-> yea, right, bad

22) demands 1 milion as deposit in order to participate in the elections
-> k, sucks

23) has the highest number of TV channels
-> big country and a lot of sources for information - more a pro, or? Maybe you tried to say they watch a lot tv?

24) has the highest number of school killings
-> we had a lot too

25) the only country to have the privilege of kids passing through gun/metal detectors in schools
-> we have it as well, in some schools.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
bet555 try to act a bit more, let's say adult? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K

i've always found the furore over WMD's somewhat hypocritical, when the US is the number one distributor of small arms in the world, and small arms are responsible for far, far, far more deaths globally than WMD's.

-koji K.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by koji_K]

This is very rhetorical .. here let me show you a picture that I have ... Well never mind .. I can't find the picture in my files that I have laying on my desk of my friend in nigeria .. he is an account manager of a nigerian company b/c a White guy saves face in Nigeria b/c there has been alot of Scams go on there .. but anyhow has ntohign to do with anything .. he has 2 guards and approximately 7 that sit around his house and Just prtect him you think they are carrying Colt 45's ?? Nope wrong they are carrying bannana clip guns that aren't even legal in the united states .. a matter of fact everyone carreis full automatic guns over there my frined said it is nuts b/c he has never seen any of these guns and my friend is a gun goober ... so keep on saying random stuff ... it makes no sense ..
and the US is trying to take guns away from people .. I promise that is not one of our major manufacturing ... Item s...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well.. On behalf of us all in the U.S. I take solace in the fact that Admiral Rickover saw the cold war as us versus them. Thanks to his efforts we have around 16 Ohio class subs roaming the world's oceans. No first strike could hit any of them. Any strike on us probably would cause us to destroy the world with our response.

The 16 SSBNs carry 384 SLBMs with as many as 2,880 warheads�about half the operational warheads in the strategic arsenal. If you don't get hit directly, nuclear winter, radiation, and general chaos will get the rest of you.

Like it or not, we're holding the gun at the world's head. You just need to say to pull the trigger by attacking us...

Just be happy we like to think of ourselves as the good guys...

[edit on 8/27/2004 by soulforge]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just really Kinda ... ticks me off when people start talking about how F***ing horrible we are when we dropped bombs on people ... no you wanna know the bad part we dropped little Yellow bombs then we Dropped little Yellow packets towards them ... I wonder if the Government planned that ... I wonder how Similiar ... little yellow packets and little yellow bombs look aliek falling from about 2100 feet up ... ??

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Russia is also the only country that has a satellite that may be able to protect the Mother land. The US has no defense against a nuclear attack.

What are you referring to? They dont have defensive satellite.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
Well.. On behalf of us all in the U.S. I take solace in the fact that Admiral Rickover saw the cold war as us versus them. Thanks to his efforts we have around 16 Ohio class subs roaming the world's oceans. No first strike could hit any of them. Any strike on us probably would cause us to destroy the world with our response.

The 16 SSBNs carry 384 SLBMs with as many as 2,880 warheads�about half the operational warheads in the strategic arsenal. If you don't get hit directly, nuclear winter, radiation, and general chaos will get the rest of you.

Like it or not, we're holding the gun at the world's head. You just need to say to pull the trigger by attacking us...

Just be happy we like to think of ourselves as the good guys...

[edit on 8/27/2004 by soulforge]

And you know all that said ... we have done stupid stuff ... but then we turn around and do even more stupid stuff like Japanese Bombed us we DESTROY THEM !!! then we go rebuild ... .YES THE US IS STUPID !!! What other country in the F---ing world has ever helped another country in the last lets SAY couple DECADES ... I mean of course wat the heck back in the day you have this country come over and help .. then this country come over and help ... .. blah blah .. but last couple decades what you got untill now and now you get the UN .. saying China send 10 troops over to Iraq and they send 10 F-In troops how bout we all send all our troops over there kills the bastards and get the heck out ?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ROFLMAO !!!! .... How about we went in and ENDED THE F---ing wars taht were already going on before they got even bigger and some other F---ing country got involved and then it just spread like the first world war we said NO we will not get involved ... then second one we say no we will not get involved guess what it is a little F---in planet it doesn't take that long obviously we tried everything to stay outta stuff well we finally learned ... Get the heck into the stuff before it gets big and then ... GUESS WHAT NO WWIII .... you stupid Idiots ... we didnt't by any means EVER EVER EVER go kill someone just cause we wanted to worship in a City or because are beliefs are not the same ... it was because someone else wanted to fight so we either helped or told them to stop @@@@ ... because it wasn't right .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join