It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outraged Over a Drink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I went to a mcdonalds by my office to grab a quick meal at lunch and head back to the office to continue working. There was no line at the drive through and i pulled right up to order. I ordered the two cheeseburger meal with a poweraide. As i was ordering i was also reading a sign posted on the speaker and it said that a boil water order was issued for the town and they didnt have fountain drinks.

After i ordered i said "oh, you probably dont have poweraide do you?", and she said "no but we can give you a bottled water instead". I said "ok", and then noticed she added $1.89 to my total for the bottle of water. I said, "oh, your going to charge me for the water? Nevermind then." She said no we arent going to charge you for the water we just want to make sure the person grabbing your order knows to put it with the order and it will be taken off when you get up here. i said "ok" and went ahead to pay and pick up my order. I knew what was about to happen.

When i get to the window the bottle of water was still on my bill and i said "i dont think the total you are charging me is correct, i didnt think you were going to charge me for the water". She said "what you think we are going to give that to you for free?" I said "well i thought we discussed this. i dont drink soda and i just wanted another non-soda drink. i ordered a meal, and the cost of a meal has a drink included. How are you going to charge me for the meal, and then charge me for the water on top of that? She wasnt the sharpest knife in the drawer, so i said "can you let me talk to your manager I dont think this is right."

The manager came over and was just repeating the same things the worker was saying, and i was tempted to just drive off because i didnt want to deal with the hassel of poor communicators trying to explain a wrong position, but i was in a rush and needed some food, so i stuck it out.

So i explained again that i dont drink soda, and that i ordered a meal, and you dont have a non-soda drink for me to substitute and i was offered a water instead and wasnt expecting to be charged for it. he said "what you think we are just going to give you a water? the total is $6.19." i said "what is your name sir?" He gave it to me and i said, "well bob, im not paying for the water, and im not paying for a meal if you arent going to give me a drink. Does that make sense?" he nodded. "So just ring me up for two cheeseburgers and a fry and i can get out of here". This was aparently beyond his capabilities so he just took off the the entire order. Charged me for two cheeseburgers and let me have the fries for free.

I drove off pissed and wont eat at that mcdonalds again.

IDIOTS!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Ahhhh McDonalds....

Employing the worlds dropouts since 1940.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Why are you eating at McDonald's in the first place? You can't drink soda but 2 McDonald's cheeseburgers and fries are allowed in your diet?

If you choose to eat there, you probably shouldn't have any expectations with regards to quality of your order or the customer service provided. You can't seriously be mad at them can you?

For the love of God, stop eating at McDonald's!! It's not food!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I know.. its sad. Im like the obese that eats two burgers and then orders a diet coke because they are watching their weight. I only eat there when i am in a real rush, and no surprise it is the closest thing to my office and involves dealing with the least amount of traffic.

Just had to get that one off the chest.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
At least you didn't get a condom with that:

frenchtribune.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
And I thought I had issues.....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This guy understands:

www.youtube.com...

Falling Down - Whammy Burger

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I know how you feel. McDonalds gets me real angry sometimes. They may aswell hire monkeys because the majority of people they employ are just completely incapable of pushing a simple button with a little picture of some fries.
But peep this, last year I went and bought myself a meal and when I got to the window to pick it up I asked for ketchup. They gave me one (you know, those tiny plastic pots you get) so I asked for a few more. (they usually give me four) and to my shock the lady said I would have to buy the rest at 10 pence each! After paying out for a meal they wouldn't let me have any for free! (insert offensive comment here)
I'm going to guess and say that people complained because the ketchup are free once again.
Tight gits.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I can tell you first hand that operating a hospitality business is very difficult.
Pleasing a couple hundred people every day who are already in various degrees of frustration, depression, anxiety, anger, self importance etc. is impossible.

Now saying that I will tell you the mistake made in your case is one that should never happen.
You never lose a customer because you failed to behave like a human.

These big corporate entities have a way of destroying souls and creating mean people who could care less about their customers.
I suggest finding independent operations to serve your needs.
I'm talking restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, car repair anywhere where you can get to know the person who created the business and is personally vested in it's success.
The little guy can't compete with the marketing campaigns and bulk buying power these corporations use to dominate the market.
Their only hope is perseverance and picking up the customers the big guys toss aside.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
check this out everytime ive had a gun pulled on me it is at MackDonalds all by bad azz fukz gangsters slang dope but buy the dollar menu too bad but over a trillion served and how many dead phuck the im lovin it its is for ghetto fabulous fools not me and they always ruin the meal lol

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I once ordered a big mac and when i got home and opened my big mac box.....

It was the bottom half of a Big Mac with just a whole cheeseburger as the top half.
Come to think of it, it was actually awesome.

Obviously regretted eating it afterwards, just like anytime you eat that crap.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Double post - my bad
edit on 29-9-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Ahhhh McDonalds....

Employing the worlds dropouts since 1940.

And feeding the stupid up until today.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

What a dumb ass manager. Losing a customer over a bottle of water? Utterly retarded.

If he had any brains, he would have simply given you the entire meal for free for the misunderstanding, with that $6 being more than paid for in the future, by a happy, returning customer.

new topics

top topics

join