It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Mommy...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I am not going to voice my opinion either way on the abortion issue but please oh please why dont more people use contraception. If it was always used then abortions would only be few and far between.
This is heartfelt writing and I can see what you are trying to get across but I feel the use of contraception would be a better choice for most people.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So we spend our entire lives romanticizing what Heaven will be like but cry over the fact that the unborn child gets a free pass there? "Do not pass Earth, do not collect all that pain and suffering, go directly to Heaven."

That doesn't make any sense to me.

edit on 29-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am on the fence about abortion, I do feel that there are a few, but very few reasons I would agree with it but there should be more rules and regulations when it comes to it especially when someone is terminating for a man or using it as a form of post pregnancy birth control. Now with saying that…this OP is true, and abortion is something that people abuse (as with so many things) the comment about “let choice be choice” I think it irrational as well as hypocritical. True it is a human choice but it does not mean we should be allowed to make such choices so carelessly. Saying choice is choice, well okay than, when someone kills that is a choice, does not mean it is right. When someone steals it is a choice, does not mean it is right. If you think that it just comes down to choice is choice, well then if someone broke into your house, or stole your car, or harmed you in anyway, then well that was there choice right, so then there should be no punishment for them? I think that here should be stronger intervention on who can have kids, as well as the fact that there are so many kids already on this earth that are just growing up to be more abused, neglected, ignorant and so on people as there are already are so many of those in this world; but the point is that it is the choice of the mother to terminate her pregnancy, but it is still murdering a life, that did not have the choice or chance to be or have any say in the choice. Imagine how many great people that could have done great things for this world that were aborted. It is still killing something, someone, and if it comes down to a choice, then the mother should have made the first choice of using contraceptive, keeping her legs closed or the greater choice of giving the child the chance to live and finding another family that would love it like it deserved. Choices are choices, we all make them and have the right, but there should ALWAYS be consequences for said choices especially when the choice affects others.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You know... you shouldn't do this...

Some people, like me, are really sensitive to this type of thing...

My wife and I went through an abortion a few years back, I never got over it. No matter what excuse we tell ourselves, whether if it's financial, family or age, I would never forgive myself and my wife for making this decision together. In fact I still regret this everyday of my life.

What you did in your original post, almost brought me crashing down my desk at work right now. It's like an old wound that didn't need to be opened.

Thanks a lot OP, thank you for reminding me from my unborn child's perspective of how #ed up of a monster I am.

I'm having so much guilt trip right now it's not even funny.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84

My wife and I went through an abortion a few years back, I never got over it. No matter what excuse we tell ourselves, whether if it's financial, family or age, I would never forgive myself and my wife for making this decision together. In fact I still regret this everyday of my life.

What you did in your original post, almost brought me crashing down my desk at work right now. It's like an old wound that didn't need to be opened.

Thanks a lot OP, thank you for reminding me from my unborn child's perspective of how #ed up of a monster I am.

I'm so sorry. It's a difficult decision, and not everyone leaves it with a sense of peace. Perhaps seeking counseling with your wife would be a good way to have a guided discussion about this, and put together a plan to move forward with your marriage. You may need time to do it, but as much as you see regret, you must also see your marriage's future. I hope I don't sound too preachy, but these things have a way of festering. Again, I'm so sorry. And although it goes without saying, you sir, are not a #ed up monster - you're a man who thought he was doing the right thing without realizing the emotions that might follow. Please talk with your wife about these feelings. You need each other right now.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Forgive me for playing Devil's Advocate, but how about an alternative story:

Hi Mom, it's me, John. Brown hair, brown eyes, 6 foot tall...well, that's what my police record says, anyways. Every day I sit here in the pen and wonder why I was born. You were young and my biological father was an abusive jerk who didn't stick around long enough to meet me.

Before I was born, you cried...a LOT. The stress hormones that coursed through your veins also coursed through mine. The alcohol and drugs you did to numb the pain also affected my brain. You didn't eat nutritious foods and didn't take vitamins. I'm pretty sure that your actions cursed me to a sad fate. Oh, I'm not trying to lay a guilt trip on you, but I never felt wanted when I was little. I always felt like I ruined your life.

There were times when you were wonderful to me, but most of the time I was with grandma and grandpa while you were out trying to be a partyer without a care in the world. Grandma and grandpa were too old to mess with a child, and there was a bunch of stuff I wasn't allowed to touch in their house.

You brought a lot of boyfriends around me when I was little. Some of them were nice to me and I thought maybe they could be my daddy. But something always happened and they would go away and never come back. Then there would be a new guy. After a while I hated them all, just like I hated my dad for bailing on us both.

We always lived in crappy little places, we lived on welfare, all my stuff was used, and we never had enough money for anything I really wanted. I was "mommy's little mistake" and I used to be so jealous of the other kids who had parents who actually wanted them, stayed together, and had a family life.

I started to do little things that were bad because, when I did them, it felt good. I would steal stuff, light little fires, break things on purpose....later I would vandalize the school, steal stuff I could sell, pick on the kids who were happy and had families that loved them, and walk around angry all the time.

The more trouble I got into, the angrier and more hurt I became. You were mad at me all the time. My grandparents died so when you wanted to go out you just left me alone. By the time I got to high school I didn't bother showing up most of the time. I got high a lot, and found some kids who were as messed up and confused as I was.

Well, mom, long story short, I got in deep and heavy when I started selling meth. I didn't mean to kill that guy, but the idiot pissed me off and I had a gun and, well....here I sit on death row.

Although I miss you a lot, I just want to know....WHY MOMMY?? Why did you bother to have me if you didn't want me?

Not every kid becomes a doctor. Some become murderers. I worked county welfare for years and have seen it all. Just wanted to add an alternative viewpoint to the OP.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Thanks so much for this....

And no you're not preaching, I think it is good advise. I never thought of counseling and to be very honest with you, I hardly bring this topic up for discussion with my wife.

I don't know, I think we both regret equally and neither of us wants to bring up the subject because it is very hurtful. A lot of emotions gets buried from this I suppose and it was an explosive guilt trip when I first started reading the OP's passage.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wow that was a very sad little tid bit, but again its only up to the mom to decide if she is ready to have a family or children.

Thanks for putting tears to my eyes, it feels good to cry once in a while, and thanks for reminding me how much i love my kids.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Not really a SOCIAL ISSUE. More of a moral issue in my eyes. Im neither for or against abortion I think its the parents issue they have to deal with their conscience. Better that than have them have a child and abuse that child or neglect that child or kill that child. Have you adopted any unwanted children their in the millions.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I know I have read this in Readers Digest when my eldest was in 8th grade.
She is now 43, so this is really older than internet, or almost..

I remember it, because my sister just had a miscarriage and was completely broken up over this piece, even if she didn't have an abortion.

It touched me hard, too, but I do see it as a form of manipulating.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I feel that no one should preach on the subject unless you have gone through or come close to something like this. Even then you shouldn't "preach" but help others understand how either choice may effect someone who is going through it. I believe in freedom to choose. I was in the situation to choose when 2 forms of backup failed. Poor, young, not sure about my future with my husband (who was not my husband at a time). I CHOSE to keep my baby and through the grace of (insert deity here) we got through it (albeit with help from my family) and are a happy, healthy, well formed family.

But what happened to me in the end is not what will happen to everyone. Not all mothers and fathers are going to pull their britches up and work to make things....work

And what about teenagers? Would you rather the baby end up in a toilet at the prom to drown just after being born or when there isn't even a heartbeat by a trained doctor?

There are so many things you have to consider that I don't believe there can be anything but freedom to choice. But that is my opinion and I am allowed to have it

Sorry for the ramblings

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I think every person who thinks every pregnancy should result in a birth regardless of circumstance should be adopting right and left, or at least be sure and feed and care for all of those kids through 18 years of life.

Also loving are Catholics who believe each 3 plus cell fetus will not go to heaven since it wasn't baptized!

I am just grateful there are choices for families now and not all end in 7 hungry children with no cloths and a home that most would not raise a dog in...like I was raised!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
As a female who has had abortions this is disgusting. You have NO DAMN idea what kind of decision that has to be made. You think it's easy? HELL NO! Sometimes it IS the best decision and it's one that has to be made. You think all women that have had them aren't still "messed" up in the head a little over it? Hell I know I am but I had to. There was no guarantee it would have made it thru the full term, none. It was about 20%.....One was for medical reasons and the other was I got pregnant while ON the pill and using a condom that broke. The medicine I was on affected my pill and I wasn't ready to be a parent at 19! I could never have given that child what he/she would have needed ever. It was the hardest decision of my life and I regret it sometimes but i know it was the best choice to be made. I think about it all the time how I would have a teenager, it's not an easy thing to live with or deal with ESP with people like you running around preaching.

People like you make me sick. You preach about something you don't understand or never had to deal with. It's very easy to sit there and call someone who has had an abortion a murderer but you haven't a clue! You shouldn't discuss things you know nothing about.

I am really tired of all abortion preachers on here, you are just as worse as the religious nuts.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This same story was posted on facebook by a person on my friends list.
First let me say I do not believe in abortion as a method of birth control.
The woman on my facebook that posted this story lost her children due
to neglect just 2 days after she posted it. I got all the info thru my daughter
as she knows the family better than I do. They said the children were hungry
and dirty, the house was roach infested and dog feces all over, etc.

The other thing I wanted to mention about the story is that a fetus is
incapable of the feelings brought out in the story. The brain is not
developed. This story is just a fantasy to put heartache on those
that might choose abortion or that have already had an abortion.

So it seems this is going around Facebook and reposted here.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Domo1
Damn this copypaste is older than the internet. Hadn't seen it in a week though so
I guess.

Where have you seen it before?

www.plagiarismchecker.com...

A search here turns up nothing of this post other than this thread...

So....Are you sure you have seen this else where? If so, where?

That said, I believe in choice. I do believe that a woman should truly discuss it with the man as well and that they should come to a mutual agreement,but in the event a father is not in the picture,it's all up to the woman.

There are just too many scenarios to just make a blanket statement and say abortion should not happen ( Not that you have officially said, one way or the other, OP).

Personally I am against abortion. Yep, I don't like it. But that does not mean a woman should not have that right to choose.

well, i've seen in it on facebook for example as a status on smb's profile from my friend list

as far as i am concerned, it is some good writing with a huge emotional impact and even bigger emotional guilttrip. i think its everyones choice, abortion i mean...at the same time, i cant say i support it 100%, but in some cases i guess...

oops, crazydaisy got it here 1st, apologies

edit on 29-9-2011 by White Haven because: crazydaisy

edit on 29-9-2011 by White Haven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

You and your wife feel bruised. Don't force the discussion. Instead, try to think of how you might make a space for the discussion. Think of how you both feel most comfortable - make it apparent in the context that you're concerned, hurt and unguarded. And just trust that there are people out there in the world who have experience, education, training and compassion for couples who have hit a roadblock. It happens to everybody at some point because the best relationships challenge us. But they say a marriage's success is predominantly determined by how a couple faces adversity - together or apart. It can galvanize and empower, or it can destroy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Week sauce bro, things are not so black and white or simple as that simple story. In the real world things almost always never go as expected. Obviously people who believe as such need there dose of the real world upped a little.

Really under which rock do some of these people live? Because its time to uproot and turn that rock over so they all can get a healthy dose of the sun and the real world.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Even though this is a valid topic, it was presented in a insensitive way.

This is one thread I think should be removed, because of its offense to those affected by the topic.

The OP acted in poor taste and lacking sensitivity...AND thought it was CUTE.

It is not.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84

"Guilt is a useless emotion" you are obviously sorry for the decision...use your experience to help others not choose abortion ...to spare them your experience.
Move on we all make mistakes...just let it go ...you have much love to share with your wife and others.

You have paid your price. Start living again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join