It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Mommy...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Hello Mom, I'm your baby. You do not know me yet, I'm only a few weeks old. We will meet soon, I promise. My name is John, I have brown hair and brown eyes ... Well not yet, but when I'll be born. I will be your son. I will not have a Dad but never mind, we have each other. When I grow up I want to become a doctor. Today, you learned that ............ you are pregnant. You were so happy. You smiled. You have got such a nice smile mom. All day long you were talking to me and I felt so much security mom. I love you mom. When I grow up I promise to make you so proud. It will become a doctor. Today you told my dad about me ... He wasn't happy mom. He said that he doesn't want me. Why doesn't he want me Mommy? What have I done to him? I felt a loud bang and then I heard you cry. He hit you Mommy. Why did he do this mom? Than he hugged you and apologized and you forgave him .. When I'll be born, I will not allow anyone to hit you again. You say he loves you mom. But I don't think so. For three days you stopped talking to me and hug your belly. Why Mom? Don't you love me anymore? I love you mom. I hear you speak with a doctor. Something is going to happen mom. I'm afraid, Mom. It hurts. Make them stop, help me mommy .. Now I'm in heaven with the angels mom. Do not worry, I'm fine. Why did you do this mom? I wanted so much to see your smile, to see the sun, to become a doctor. TO LIVE. It does not matter if you stopped loving me mom. I can see you from here so that I will not ever forget you. Sorry if I did something bad to you mom. I want you to love me again! I love you mom ...''

With every abortion a heart stops. Two eyes that will never see. Two hands that will not touch. Two legs that will not run. A mouth that will not speak
edit on 29-9-2011 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

The tears should be flowing onto every keyboard of everyone who reads this OP.
It is so achingly sad and alas true.
So many women discard a life without truly realising what they are doing , that they will not be able to run from their actions .
It attacks the womans soul sooner or later.
I wish every woman could read this instead of listening to the selfish heart.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Christ, let choice be choice.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well that was nothing short of disturbing. Talk about use of emotion to sway opinion.

Sigh.

Is abortion really an issue of "civil unrest" now?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Wow, I am so touched by your heartfelt story I just might cry.

Now I'm in heaven with the angels mom. Do not worry, I'm fine. Why did you do this mom? I wanted so much to see your smile, to see the sun, to become a doctor. TO LIVE.
Yep, nothing to worry about mom, except for this guilt trip I'm about to lay on you. So being in Heaven isn't really living? These words don't even make sense. It's like a twisted knot of contradictions that all hinge on false beliefs.

Not all Humans can be born and there are thousands of reasons a person might want a abortion. Perhaps in some cases abortion is an immoral choice but are so many factors involved. For instance a dad rapes his daughter and gets her pregnant. I would not try to convince anyone to keep their baby in such a scenario, would you?

Furthermore, abortions are an important way to keep our population numbers under control. In a few months our population will be more than 7 billion people. I recently discovered that if we continue growth at this rate we'll run out of space in under 1000 years. By protecting all children now you ensure the loss of all children in the future.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollyr0cka
Well that was nothing short of disturbing. Talk about use of emotion to sway opinion.

Sigh.

I really don't care what your opinion is on that nor do I want to change it. I just posted something. You answered, so something must bother you..

No but a "Social Issue" maybe?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Damn this copypaste is older than the internet. Hadn't seen it in a week though so
I guess.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there's a rule against plagiarizing others work here.
You should at least give the original author credit..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Damn this copypaste is older than the internet. Hadn't seen it in a week though so
I guess.

Where have you seen it before?

www.plagiarismchecker.com...

A search here turns up nothing of this post other than this thread...

So....Are you sure you have seen this else where? If so, where?

That said, I believe in choice. I do believe that a woman should truly discuss it with the man as well and that they should come to a mutual agreement,but in the event a father is not in the picture,it's all up to the woman.

There are just too many scenarios to just make a blanket statement and say abortion should not happen ( Not that you have officially said, one way or the other, OP).

Personally I am against abortion. Yep, I don't like it. But that does not mean a woman should not have that right to choose.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

It sure is Facebook in here.....

So, from what I gather, you support this woman bringing a child into a dysfunctional and abusive relationship where she's almost sure to end a single parent? Then the same political party that demonized abortion cuts all the social programs that would help a single mother.

A child doesn't think any of these things in utero, this hyperbolic anecdote is laughable at most. Abortion isn't the issue; the real issue is that people like OP don't realize that their dominion starts and stops with their own body.

Also, the 'I'm in heaven with angels' bit isn't going to convince anyone aside from ditsy 13 girls on Facebook.

/rant

ETA: www.facebook.com... This is a link to the story on Facebook
ETA: LINK CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGE!!!!

edit on 29-9-2011 by relpobre000 because: link

edit on 29-9-2011 by relpobre000 because: disclaimer

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ah, Yeah, that would be not cool....

No due credit? Are you saying you wrote this, OP?

You ripped this off.

edit on 29-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The last time I saw it was one week ago on 4chan's /x/ board. It's been around forever and crops up everywhere. Don't know what it was doing on a paranormal board... Oh yeah trolling...

Poster who found the 'source' you should probably put a little disclaimer as many on this site would absolutely flip their stuff if they saw an aborted fetus like that.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
hi mom, you were brutally raped by my uncle and I will suffer from crippling retardation. not to mention the doctor noticed a health problem which might mean my birth will result in your death. even if you survive, you are very poor and will never have the means to get me the special treatment and care I need. but that's ok mommy, I love you and the government loves you to, and they want to make it so as you can NEVER do anything to stop this from happening. uncle sam and the religous right hate free/low cost insurance and hate your constitutional rights to make your own CHOICES. we will live a life of hell and suffering, but it's alright mommy, some blowhard, conservatard will sleep better for this and garner some PR points. see you soon mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sigh, the abortion debate.

One argument always used is instances of Rape and Incest. Here is my question- should we find all people who were children born of rape victims and kill them now, regardless of age, merely because they are "rape babies"? You think if you are a RAPE BABY your mother told you? No. If she had a heart she would say you were adopted.

If you are adopted, you might well be a rape baby. Should we come find you and kill you for being born from rape?

Second argument, that embryos are not human beings. Who/what defines human? Infants aren't really human either, they drool, crap themselves, can't talk, can't comprehend anything, twitch... Should we be able to kill them too if we decide we don't want them? After all they have no sense of self, and will have no idea its coming because they don't have any concept of death yet, therefore it would technically be humane if done in a peaceful, quick manner.

Abortion is murder, regardless of how you paint it. I'm not even a religious fundie, but thats what it is. Its taking life, human life, regardless of its stage. Should we kill mentally disabled people too? What about the insane? Who dares set a standard on life?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by dollyr0cka

Sigh.

I really don't care what your opinion is on that nor do I want to change it. I just posted something. You answered, so something must bother you..

No but a "Social Issue" maybe?

It "bothers" me that this thread was even created in the format in which it was presented. You're against abortion? Great. Opinions are good. So, give us your honest opinion and maybe some snazzy statistics/facts instead of a story concocted in order to make the reader feel guilt through the eyes of a dead fetus.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
You guys crack me up really!!

This is just wow!

I post a text which I personally liked and wanted to share and you start blabbing about plagiarism etc.

Companies for behavioral studies would pay money for that!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yeah, I got you. Apparently it is on facebook as well, as a previous poster has shown.

As a writer, I don't like seeing other peoples work used with out due credit.

Gets me more heated than the whole abortion debate.

But to remain on topic, as I said, I think abortion is a choice. I don't like abortion personally, but that is no reason for me to force my will on others. There are so many scenarios and it's not always just a case of...Oops, I'm pregnant! Sometimes it is a case of.... Oh no! I was raped and now I am pregnant! or other such things....

Choice. I believe in it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
You guys crack me up really!!

This is just wow!

I post a text which I personally liked and wanted to share and you start blabbing about plagiarism etc.

Companies for behavioral studies would pay money for that!

did you write it? No. Did you give due credit to the author? No.

That is called Plaigarism. It is against the law and it is against T&C.

Not sure why you find that funny.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Your post just highlights the ignorance of the rabid pro choice lobby, who religiously campaign and cajole the majority of sane humans on this planet to kill womb living human beings.

Of course the turgid example you gave is about a one in 100 or even 1000 reason for abortion, but reason and logic doesn't appeal when murder on a scale that Hitler never imagined is carried out every year by humanity loving pro choicers.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I don't think anyone actually KNOWS the source to be fair to the OP. It's either posted by people who are having a hard time arguing in a reasonable manner, or by people hanging out as troll bait ( not that I would ever condone such behaviors ).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join