It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Aussie Journalist Andrew Bolt has his right to free speech locked.?.....by Jewish Judge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Happy to discuss this further, at any time with any one

I have only one question..

Do you think these people would be claiming to be Aboriginal if it didn't include a financial incentive??

One of my old mates from the RSL is in this boat..
He laughs at the fact that he's 1/100 Aborigine yet claims everything they get..
His brother is an artist and his paintings sell for heaps because he claims to be Aborigine..

It is a real joke in some aspects..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Dr Expired

Andrew Bolt has to be my favorite Australian journalist; I never miss the Bolt Report Sundays.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

www.menzieshouse.com.au...

Petition to support free speech in Australia:

www.supportbolt.com...

Support Andrew Bolt Facebook:

www.facebook.com...#!/pages/Support-Andrew-Bolt/173828136031182

You are in the majority in Australia, its just a Jewish Judge wants all oppsition to anti Anglo/celtic/european Australians and their wishes silenced?

To beat the top dog..many little dogs need to be encouraged to nip away at the top dog.
Then the wannabee top dog steps in and crowns himself Top Dog.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Spruk

Happy to discuss this further, at any time with any one

I have only one question..

Do you think these people would be claiming to be Aboriginal if it didn't include a financial incentive??

One of my old mates from the RSL is in this boat..
He laughs at the fact that he's 1/100 Aborigine yet claims everything they get..
His brother is an artist and his paintings sell for heaps because he claims to be Aborigine..

It is a real joke in some aspects..

I'm one of "those" people who try and see the good in people, and can only take my interactions and discussions with people "in the same boat" as your old mate.

Person A (Female); shes half aboriginal (Fathers side) - Claims nothing from the government
Person B (Again Female), full aboriginal - Unknown if she "claims everything"
Person C (Aboriginal Heritage, 4 family generations ago, mothers side) - "Claims everything."

I have the utmost respect for person A & B, they both honour their heritage and truly identify themselves as aboriginal (Person B actually lives in a Tribe, Person A, is a "weekend warrior" so to speak.), but they participate in their culture.

Person C:

What kind of strikes me as strange is the ones that identify themselves as aboriginal, however do not partake in the customers of their identified culture. I can only go from what *I* personally would do, and my personal definition of identity, and that is IF i was to identify as Aboriginal i personally would be involved in their culture etc. But again thats me, and i'm a bit of an oddling.

Are they entitled to claim anything from the government or/and other services, well yes and no, if they are involved in their culture then i say yes.

Does that answer your question?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I'm not sure the religion of the judge really comes into it..
It's really a case of "free speech"..

I hear Bolt and the Herald Sun will probably appeal to the High Court..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Are they entitled to claim anything from the government or/and other services, well yes and no, if they are involved in their culture then i say yes.

Does that answer your question?

Not really...
My question was pretty straight forward..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I'm not sure the religion of the judge really comes into it..
It's really a case of "free speech"..

Exactly...a tool to be blunted, by those who have an agenda.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

This is not about Israel & the Palestinians in any shape or form. Just because a judge came out in support of Bolt simply because the judge happens to be Jewish? So what! Has nothing to do with it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

If it soothes you to believe so, let it be.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Thankyou.....you are 100% correct.

Enough is enough in my books. If you are 1/4 Aboriginal and 3/4 white......you are WHITE and there's no two ifs or buts.

It's about time Australia become alot more progressive and started treating ALL citizens equally, black ot white, I don't give a damn.

The Aboginals have been sucking off the system for way too long, their elders have a whole lot to answer for! No more special preference should be claimed by them anymore. It's 2011, not 1811.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

The Aboginals have been sucking off the system for way too long, their elders have a whole lot to answer for! No more special preference should be claimed by them anymore. It's 2011, not 1811.

Personally I'm not against giving the Aborigines money..
We did steal their land after all..

The problem is, as usual, all the money goes to a few greedy people and the ones that really need it get squat..

Then you have these freeloaders taking money they neither need nor deserve..
edit on 29-9-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I'll make this short:
You want me to make a comment about people (no matter what race etc) taking advantage of our welfare system. To which I will say this "welfare systems are setup as a safety net, not as a way of life."

Do people take advantage of it? Of course. I have heard of people having children because it's and I quote "free money", not all are like that, but some. Same thing I suppose applies to your friend, some people take what they can get, without knowing him, I don't wish to comment on his situation at all...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Fact is, a majority of Aboriginals don't stand by their cultural heritage; their cultural heritage does'nt include petrol sniffing, drunkeness, theft, violence, burning houses down and/or destroying them (mainly housing commission), are unemployed etc etc ????

As for their art, some of it is quite beautiful but most of it is just bloody ugly.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Iam genuinely saddened that this intelligent thread has been hijacked by racist anti aboriginal posts.
It is as if any pertinent earnest thread that asks the very big questions becomes the target for infantile moronic responses, that ignore the crux of the OPs post.
There will be many on ATS who will see the point the OP is making, but be put off by the derailing posts that have plagued this thread.
Such is life , and nothing I can do about it, but continue to be earnest.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

WE stole their land? The Aborginals were'nt the first ones here. I listen to this crap in NZ from the Maori who were far from the first.

I don't mind giving people genuinely in need of public housing etc......but if you are an Aboriginal in this country they get priority and for the most part they destroy it. I'm sick of it.

It's what? 250 years since white man from Britain arrived here? Get over it. Either the Aboriginal wants to join us or they can stay bush without white man's benefits for all I care.

Yep, plenty of white freeloaders in this country too. And how many of them allege they're Aboriginal? And thats the point! If you appear white, you're white.
edit on 29-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

WE stole their land? The Aborginals were'nt the first ones here. I listen to this crap in NZ from the Maori who were far from the first.

Oddly it was just announced they were the FIRST known race outside of Africa..

Obviously they came from Africa..

Who do you believe were here first???

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Interesting topic, especially for us in SA where the benefits of affirmative action are applied according to a complex variety of "blackness" based on the degree of "disadvantage" under the previous apartheid laws (and black now also includes the local Chinese who were previously classed as coloreds), and some people previously classed as "coloreds" now identify themselves as indigenous Khoisan. Depending how "blackness" is defined many "white" Afrikaners could also identify as coloreds. Some argue we should all identify as black in the coming census to stop the racial classifications once and for all.

The following report from NewsOnABC claims that Bolt lost his case because his articles used the Internet as a research tool, and they thus contained mistaken information. For example, he said one lady (whom he labelled a "political aborigine") was as German looking as her father, when her father was in fact half English and half aboriginal.

edit on 29-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

if you feel you stole their land, feel free to give it back. Dont speak on behalf of "we", however.

Fundamentally it is ridiculous that a court can decide what is fair and reasonable for publication. If the individuals named suffered loss, they can sue through the usual means (ie defamation). Otherwise they can exercise their own rights and rebut the argument if it is false.

There is absolutely no need to impose restrictions on free speech. I dont particularly care if its not a formal "right" in Australia, certain things dont need to be enshrined in documentation and freedom of speech is one of them (property rights another, but they take that away from us as well).

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I had a part aboriginal girlfriend for over 5 years, so 1, dont give me the racist tag.

I have seen, from personal experience, that people will claim to be aboriginal at any chance, you only have to be 1/32 to qualify for a wealth of benefits.

I spent a considerable amount of time in the northern 1/3 of Australia. I have been to scores of aboriginal communities. I have been educated on the culture etc both academically & realistically (ie in person).

The media LOVES to show images of the 'poor old guy' sitting under a sheet of corrugated iron. What they refuse to show you is the perfect house just out of shot, the same house HE ripped the iron off. Why ? ALL those that I asked said simply, they prefer to live under the stars than in a building. They regularly pull these houses to bits for fire wood, only to have the Army of some other Govt agency come in to re-build them all.

I knew more about my ex's culture than she, or a considerable majority of 'city' aboriginals do, & she readily admitted that.

I admit this journalist was stupid to name names, but, his point is 100% true. I will gladly take anyone (at your expence) out into the real bush, to where the real aboriginals live, & I will prove my claims.

When I see people whiter than me claiming dozens of benefits because they claim to be aboriginal, then yes I get annoyed, as Ive seen the truth. A true aboriginal wants to live in nature, not a condo with millions in the bank.

I guarantee most of these people dont know their culture. A good example, that fool walking out of court with a bear skin wrapped around him. We dont have bears here !!!! Where is the 'culture' in that ???

These people make me sick, you are white, accept it, be proud of it (just as REAL aboriginals should be proud), & get a job like the rest of us. Before you give me some bleeding heart argument, go out bush, visit them, then see what you think. Dont make this argument from the city, go see for yourself. This man was right, he just did it wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
IT has absolutely nothing to do about race, this is a real issue which is being ignored.

An example - a RELATIVE of mine i know was on government benefits many years ago. She worked with an Aborigional woman and was great friends with her. She went to the government and put in that she's part aborigional, used her friend's grandmother to tell the govt that it was true.

Zing, she's got more money in her paycheque purely for being "aborigional".

I think its racist they get more cash purely for being aborigional.

Do true blue, african, chinese or lebanese people get any additional benefits? No!

How dare they call comeone racist for pointing out that NON ABORIGIONAL people are claiming ABORIGIONAL benefits?????

Farking ay. I mean i knowe we kinda did what the Yanks did with the indians.... We've apologised and tried to make ammends the best we can. But having them grow up with nothing on their minds but hate, and thinking "they took this, they took that, we cant do this" - they grow up thinking just that.

And a large number of the ones that grow up in that enviroment do turn out to be the alco/druggo/dole bludgers that they've been told all their life they'd be.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TigaHawk

I understand what both you backinblack & SNAFU38 came to having some good points, but the problem with the welfare system is not just this.

The Single Parents Pension needed to be overhauled (which was done)

Disability needs an overhaul, one of associates was on disability for chronic fatigue syndrome, not saying it isnt a real condition, it is was she suffering from it? From my uneducated opinion: No. She was up until 1-2am with me most nights while i was on holidays and up at 8-9am doing anything i was doing. This could be me being silly (so PLEASE correct me!!). Could she work? Of course, did she want too? Nah.

Aust-study - Needs another overhaul (i have not looked at it since i was in high school 15 years ago, so its possible its different), the kids back then where spending the cash on random odds and ends, nintendos etc

Some people will misuse what they are given, and not the way it was intended for use, yes these people need to be re-educated.

As for Bolt himself, and the case at hand, i could pose this question:
Did Derryn Hinch have a right to defy the courts suppression orders by naming sex offenders?

Derryn Hinch's Verdict

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join