It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Aussie Journalist Andrew Bolt has his right to free speech locked.?.....by Jewish Judge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Below is a mainstream opinion on the issue
www.abc.net.au...

Basically for those outside Australia this respected, forthright, earnest Journalist has been found gulity under Australian Anti Racism Laws for what appears to be exposes on the practice of white Australians claiming Aboriginal race status for gain,

It is a sad day when the truth cannot be commented upon and thata lone judge can gag the media?

Some so called Aboriginies in Australia appear as white as any Anglo saxon , some even have red hair, they appear to deny the 90% of their Anglo?irish heritage and concentrate on the purported 10% or so Aboriginal heritage?
Here is another opinion on the matter
weekendlibertarian.blogspot.com...

Here is another interesting report on the trial according to this link

www.quadrant.org.au...
edit on 29-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: spelling

edit on 29-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: not enough space for judges name in title

edit on 29-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: edit title

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

For those outside of Australia, Andrew Bolt is in the same league as Bill O'Rielly.

Here is the transcript:
www.austlii.edu.au...

He basically accused, named and printed photos of a number of people who he claimed were choosing to identify as Aboriginal to gain some sort of benefit with which he had no facts to back it up and now has been exposed as the racist, scumbag BS "opinion" piece writer that he is.

He is not a journalist reporting facts. He is, as I said already, an opinion piece writer and this time got called out on his made up stories designed to stir hatred amongst his ignorant followers.

Why did you tag on "by Jewish Judge" like it has any relevance to a liar like Bolt being called out?
edit on 29-9-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Yeah , well lets not hold back on Judging the majority of Aussies who agree with him eh?

The ignorant are those who see the minority interests gnaw away at Australian Society, and purr on about Anti Racial laws are benefitting Australia.

The agenda of the Muslims/Jews...in every western nation appears to be one of self interested manipulation of Tolerant Australian Peoples.

We are the only nation on Earth . that has allowed its liberty to be compromised by foreign vested minority groups who in this instance are trying desperately to make Austrlian Born people feel alienated in their own land, people whose fathers/husbands/grandfathers /uncles fought against tyranny in the world wars and in Vietnam/korea.

Now we are sitting amazed as the right to talk and report is being leeched away for Australians not the minority recently arrived facists who insist on Australia relenting to their demands.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

To expand on Aaron's comments Mr Bolt's legal team had to concede that of those named individuals ALL of them identified themselves as Aboriginal from childhood and indeed ALL had been brought up as Aboriginal. This was not contested by Mr Bolt nor the Australian.

Publishing issues without any basis in fact is and should remain illegal.

The fact that the judge made a complete dick of himself is another story.

Cheers
edit on 29-9-2011 by myselfaswell because: add them

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Yeah , well lets not hold back on Judging the majority of Aussies who agree with him eh?

Majority? Where's the poll?

The ignorant are those who see the minority interests gnaw away at Australian Society, and purr on about Anti Racial laws are benefitting Australia.

You consider Anti Racial Laws to be gnawing away at Australian society?

We are the only nation on Earth . that has allowed its liberty to be compromised by foreign vested minority groups who in this instance are trying desperately to make Austrlian Born people feel alienated in their own land, people whose fathers/husbands/grandfathers /uncles fought against tyranny in the world wars and in Vietnam/korea.

What are you talking about? I'm not feeling alienated at all. I'm sorry, I don't go for the whole "fought tyranny" mumbo jumbo.

Now we are sitting amazed as the right to talk and report is being leeched away for Australians not the minority recently arrived facists who insist on Australia relenting to their demands.

No. He lied. He wrote an article accusing people of something in which he had no facts to back it up. He published lies and got caught.

This is not some big Free Speech under attack crap. He hasn't been silenced. He still works at the paper, he still has his show on Channel 10. He just has to back things up with facts and not fairytales.

edit on 29-9-2011 by aaron2209 because: typo

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

What are you talking about? I'm not feeling alienated at all. I'm sorry, I don't go for the whole "fought tyranny" mumbo jumbo. by aaron

The tens of thousands who died , the hundreds of thousands who fought against tyranny are those who had their bellys shot out and took days to die in pain you and I hopefully will never have to ebdure for an hour.
And you mock them wuth smart alec ignoramus reply, as the very thing they fought for is trampled upon by hostile forces who have never fought for Australia.
Mumbo jumbo...read your history.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: quote mix up

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Andrew Bolt has to be my favorite Australian journalist; I never miss the Bolt Report Sundays.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

www.menzieshouse.com.au...

Petition to support free speech in Australia:

www.supportbolt.com...

Support Andrew Bolt Facebook:

www.facebook.com...#!/pages/Support-Andrew-Bolt/173828136031182

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Andrew Bolt has to be my favorite Australian journalist; I never miss the Bolt Report Sundays.

If only he was a Journalist. He isn't.

If you wish to support baseless accusations being thrown around in the media, than go for it but you are misguided if you think this is about free speech.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

What are you talking about? I'm not feeling alienated at all. I'm sorry, I don't go for the whole "fought tyranny" mumbo jumbo. by aaron

The tens of thousands who died , the hundreds of thousands who fought against tyranny are those who had their bellys shot out and took days to die in pain you and I hopefully will never have to ebdure for an hour.
And you mock them wuth smart alec ignoramus reply, as the very thing they fought for is trampled upon by hostile forces who have never fought for Australia.
Mumbo jumbo...read your history.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: quote mix up

All which has nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you are referring to Freedom of Speech, we don't have it. We have and implied freedom of speech.

Not the freedom to throw baseless accusations around at innocent people purely to stir racial hatred.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Bolt is right. There ARE a number of so-called Aboriginals claiming benefits based upon their great great great grandparent being Aboriginal. Either you're Aboriginal or you're not.

The same should apply with the Native Americans and Maori.

Those who are only 1/4 Aboriginal......suck it up, you're WHITE!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Bolt is right. There ARE a number of so-called Aboriginals claiming benefits based upon their great great great grandparent being Aboriginal. Either you're Aboriginal or you're not.

The same should apply with the Native Americans and Maori.

Those who are only 1/4 Aboriginal......suck it up, you're WHITE!

Feel free to inform Bolt of who these people are so he can write a truthful account.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

It has everything to do with the issue at hand but I cannot join the dots for those whose insight is blocked by ingrained self interest.
I wonder if we applied the logic of this Judge to the Palestinians in Israel who do not qualify for that exalted status of "Jew" that this Jewish judge would have been so leaning to th eminoritys case for blood ties?

Mmm yes go back to cain and abel , all the Arabs are Jews, and all the Jews are Arabs, its even written so in the Old testament.
Nah ,no , nay, naadar, no go , only in the Gentile lands , can the host be weakened?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It has everything to do with the issue at hand but I cannot join the dots for those whose insight is blocked by ingrained self interest.

Has he been silenced?

Has he lost his job at the newspaper?

Has he lost his TV show?

No. He just has to tell the truth.

How dare we as a nation promote honesty in our media
As much as a losing battle that is in the grand scheme of things lol

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

No I'm not misguided because my bet is I'm a whole lot older than you and I watched this BS being thrown around by so-called Aboriginal and Maori long before you were even thought of.

I've watched so-called "native" lands or tribal "sacred" sites in both countries between the Tasman get protected....and the worst part is most of them don't even know a damn thing about their ancient culture/heritage let alone speak the tongue. For the most part, it's a farce to gain $$$ from the tax payers. BILLIONS of tax payer's money have gone to the Aboriginal people in this country and almost all of it can not be accounted for.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm not one to question what you have experienced but this case, on it's own, seperate from everything else, is about an opinion piece writer getting caught making baseless accusations against innocent people and getting caught.

It is not free speech.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Andrew Bolt is a completely racist scumbag who should be banned from writing anything, ever. He is a waste of paper and an insult to journalism.

I am sorry to come in strong, but this guy is an absolute piece of work, I have read his BS and what he did in this case was completely wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm not going to weigh into this too much, but just so we can keep the non-Australians upto speed:

Immigration Website describes the basic freedoms AU has to offer.

Note - We do not have a bill of rights, as Americans do just as an FYI.

Now, to gauge it all (if you dont know), the Aboriginal people are supported (heavily) by the government and get a bit of a leg up when it comes to university (fact), and of course welfare payments and care etc. Kind of like the American Indians (best comparison im aware of).

As far as I'm aware the legal definition of Aboriginal (or TI's) is defined on your birth certificate (there is a check box), from that point forward you are legally entitled to the aboriginal services in Australia. Now at some point it's discovered you have aboriginal heritage you can then ask for a status change in Births, Deaths & Marriages which again will get your services. One of the means checks for this is NOT skin color, its the definition made by heritage only.

For those interested here is the Definition according to the "Land Rights Act" of 1983:
(a) is a member of the Aboriginal race of Australia,
(b) identifies as an Aboriginal, and;
(c) is accepted by the Aboriginal community as an Aboriginal'

Background / General information over:

Now what Bolt did in this instance came out and said (this is heavily paraphrased, and is in no way what so ever my belief on the situation) "you're not aboriginal, because you are pale skinned/half-irish/1/10th aboriginal etc, you should identify yourself as something different, you're just doing this to get advantages". I dont have access to the articles (at the moment) either, so i apologise if this is incorrect, i can only go from the SMH/Herald Sun article and judgement for the case.

Pretty much he is saying "if you're from mixed genetics, you can no longer define yourself as " - Now where would that leave me? (Example Incoming, I'm actually English, living in AU) My fathers English, my mother is African, does that mean I'm not a person because half of my genetics come from the English, the other half from the African genomes? The implication is indeed exactly the same in this instance, its how we identify ourselves.

Our laws are clear cut on the definition of who is "classified" as Aboriginal (see above). Also note, that this type of thing is still quite 'taboo' when it comes to the media, and is still a political minefield for everyone in general.

As for "Free speech", I'm unsure how to respond to that. I suppose as long as it does no harm and is based on fact, I as a person am cool with that.

OP - Errr, I dont think the race/religious choice of the judge is relevant (title)

Happy to discuss this further, at any time with any one

URL:
SMH Article on the case
Cliffs notes on definitions etc

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I completely agree with your views on him but I defend his right to voice his opinion as long as it is factually correct and not made up.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Being racist shouldn't be a crime. People have the right to believe, think, and express themselves.

The people saying he should be charged just because they don't like him/agree with his views are extremely scary to have in a free society. I don't like Bill O'reilly but he has every right to have his own show and report whatever he wants. Australia seems like a scary police state

edit on 9/29/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/29/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

OP - Errr, I dont think the race/religious choice of the judge is relevant (title

If you read the third link you may think otherwise or not.
The point being if this was in Israel do you think for one ... pico second... that Palestininan Arabs could use the same argument these guys made before the Jewish judge in Australia? and win?

The Israeli Jewish state ...defends itself against Islam and Christianity by rigid rules, Australia just weakens itself by allowing the division of its own peoples by Those with vested interests.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join